Thread: 2 sounders 1 transducer ???

2 sounders 1 transducer ???

Gday odour de fish people

What i want to do is get rid of the transducer on my bowmount electric and run both console and bow mounted sounders off the one transom mounted transducer
    I have a lowrance lcx25c and a x135 which are nmea2000 compatable. i thought that the sounder readings would be transferred through the nmea2000 network but after reading the manual it states;

...the sonar signal from the transducer is far to powerful for a nmea2000 network , so sonar readings cannot be shared.every sonar unit requires its own transducer to make sonar readings.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and come up with a solution. the only thing i can think of would be to either unplug the transducer cable from the console sounder and have an extention lead type arrangement to the bow mount sounder (which would be a pain unplugging and so on every time you move location) or some sort of splitter switch where you could switch between sonar units.

any info greatly appreciated
    thanks . ned.

Re: 2 sounders 1 transducer ???

Why do you want get rid of your tranducer on the bow mount electric??

For me the transducer and wiring is a pain. it would be simpler.

No reason why it wouldn't work with a switch, I'd get some spare plugs & sockets so you don't have to chop up your transducer cables.
    Got to find a switch with enough poles in it, check your manuals and find out how many wires go to the transducers.
    Of course both sounders would have to be compatible with your chosen transducer.

yeah the 2 sounders are both lowrance blue connectors , and counting the pins on the transducer plug would need 7pole switch. maybe some micro one around.will have a look.will also need 2 male/female extention leads.

You might want to check your sounder manuals because they may not be using all the pins especially if they have optional temp & speed that your transducers don't have fitted.
    Could even be looking at a 4 pole switch.

Nedoleboy,
    I posted earlier but it went nowhere, so another attempt. Google for "Lowrance SB-10BL - Switch box to connect blue connector transducer to two sonar units"
    This item should still be available somewhere

cheers

Sorry for delay in replying. been down st geoges basin fishin for a week or so....or should i say getting blown away.

Thanks for comments Fed and thanks Troppo Trader , thats the exact item i was after.trying to source one now.Ned.