Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Do You Think???

Ausfish Silver Member Swanie1975's Avatar

Re: What Do You Think???

Fed im stoked with the new suzi now ive sorted out the props after trying 5 of the bloody things tops out at 71 kmh at WOT.if only the wind would drop and glass out to do that speed more often lol. loving it over the old 2 stroke, not missing the noise or smell and its actually faster plus my girls will sit down the back now

funny thing with the transducer is i lose picture if i give it a bootfull in reverse due to aeration but never have issues going forward

cheers ryan

It just shows how deceiving pictures can be Swanie.
    To me your transducer looks like the back of it is tilted up instead of down and the whole thing looks like it should be a little lower. Hard to argue against 70KPH though.
    What's that 'thing' screwed on to the left of the transducer, Copie's boat doesn't seem to have that?

might be a dumb idea - i dont have a glass boat. would it be possible to temporarily attach transducer with something like super glue until you find the desired position?
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

hi Fed, yeah must just be the angle of the photo the back edge of the transducer is tilted slightly lower than the front and if i set it any lower in the water i end up with a massive roostertail with no difference in the sounder readings. the screwed on thing is a big fibreglass plate of some sort - all siliconed and screwed so ive never taken it off but i think its a big inspection plate cover. my rigs a 96 signature and only a 5.5m so maybe with Copies
    boat being a bigger model they changed the arse-end slightly.

the best thing ive seen for allowing loads of adjustment without drilling holes all over the place was a guy used and old kitchen chopping board screwed on and he moved the transducer all over that till he was happy with the reading. i dont reckon super glue would hold all that well to fibreglass and would probably break out a chunk when you try to remove it.

cheers ryan

Swanie1975 my boat is a 1993 model and yes that middle piece on your boat that is seperate is part of the hull on mine.
    Does any one know what its called or whats its purpose I kave tried to google information on it but can't find anything. I have owned a few boats in my time but nothing compares to the under hull of this one.
    P.S Swanie1975 that section on my boat is hollow and has an opening at the rear and one underneath just behind the drain bung is yours the same.

Mark

yeh mark mine has the same hollow section at the back. if i put my hand inside i can feel the ends of the screws used to secure it. no idea really what its for, the signatures have some funny design ideas going on. the ride is totally different to any other glass boats ive been out in.

i had a 1996 haines signature 1950 a few years back and that was the same odd design hull but with a big vent pipe up into the bilge which used to overflow with water in reverse - took some getting used to ! apparently it helps get the hull unstuck so you can get on the plane easier.

cheers ryan
    Last edited by Swanie1975; 06-12-2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: spelling

From that other site I mentioned.
    when i first bought the hull, i simply believed the mtr was too low due to some porpising and a max rev of 5000, max speed 38mph. It just didnt seem to stack up and i even rechecked the motor but all was well. i didnt fart around and raised the motor height 2 holes immediatley resulting in 5250rpm and about 44mph - this still wasn't on! i always had the feeling that the ass was being 'sucked' down ( this later proved to be the case ). as the height of the motor now looked to be max, and after trying to lift the ass a bit with different props, i was still scratching my head. ( prop by the way in 19inch 4 blader )

anyways, during yet another test, when a friend drove and i spent my whole time at the stern, the usual above stats ( speed revs ) were happening and all of a sudden, after skipping obviously the right combination of waves, the hull 'broke free' and soared in a matter of seconds to 56mph and about 5900 revs. this was nirvana, my friend was about to pull the throttle back until a horrid scream from me told him to move over and hang on. now that the hull was obviously performing how it should i needed to analyse it! further trimming resulted in 58mph ( gps ) and this was into a head wind, albeit a small one. the ass of the boat had sat right up, and the boat had flattened out considerably. interesting, fuel computer showed fuel usage had dropped by over 30%!!!! sounds too good to be true i know! i wanted to drive it all day like that having never had the boat perform that good before, but was satisfied that i had experienced the boats potential and was even more determined to find the glitch that was causing my problems.

google searches did not reveal anything so i tracked down ric haines in australia. the first thing he said was did it have a hole running vertically near the stern, from underneath hull upwards. i almost thought he was taking the mickey out of his kiwi neighbour but soon realised he wasn't. i stated that the only thing running vertically near the rear of the hull in the centre was some kind of structural support. he started laughing and said that this was no support, it was a hole that 'should' have gone through the hull to allow a venturi effect and the backside to lift up - some earlier owner had blocked it up and glassed over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as i write this it is being 'debunged' and i sit rubbing my hands with glee
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boa...ase-14627.html