Thread: Bass Virginity

Bass Session

Headed out around 2pm to the south pine, i found a nice area with plenty of ''spots''.

First time using a diving lure and took me about 4-5 casts till i got the hang of it.
    About 30 minutes into the session I got a perfect cast near a pretty big snag and a bass went straight for it (deadset think it must have landed in its mouth).

Bass virginity gone!

Kept casting in that direction and pulled in another 3, the 5th I one landed was a little bugger and went deep into the snag and took my lure. (i wasnt keen on swimming )

I was spewing because I only had one lure and there was plenty of sunlight left and plenty more fish to be caught. Learnt my lesson and picked up 3 more lures on my way home.

Took my brag mat with me this time ( thanks lampuki )
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bass 30cm.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	74198

For all of those interested in what lure I was using -
    Strike Pro BASS X 5.5cm 4gm

Cheers,

Jack

Blog Entries

Re: Bass Virginity

Well done Jack. For someone who has just started fishing you seem like a natural. Keep up the good work mate

Some bass from this mornings session, tried using a popper
    They were taking the popper as soon as it was hitting the surface, it was great
    They stopped taking them around 5:30am, will be getting out again earlier tomorrow morning for another go

Lure - Strike Pro Twitchin Pop Lure - Colour: orange grey and black

Blog Entries

Good work mate. By the time I get home you will be the 1 giving me tips on how to catch fish!

well done on the bass haul. i as in there using poppers last week and it was all tarpon. they attacked the rapala skitter pop with vigour and when they realise they are hooked they put on a nice aerial display in an effort to spit the hooks. unfortunately for me, most were successful, still good fun though!