Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cooper tyres

Re: Cooper tyres

on my 2nd set of coopers, got 90,000 out of the first on the landy. happy with that.

I love my Maxxis 751 at light trucks on my Disco2. Best tyre I have had. Very grippy and quiet. Excellent wear and great for towing with no squirm. I know to many people with cooper ownership stories not to risk them. Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

im on my second set of coopers on my f250 in 30000 klms the first set failed at 15000klms just like the current set have now. major sidewall belt bumps and distortion,crazy cracks in sidewalls,steers like crap but wearing well. the most disappointing part is the first time they failed they changed them under warranty if i paid half which was $650 and now my second set has failed Ive been waiting 6 months for them to come and look at them like they promised, Ive rang four times in that time and still waiting. Ive given up and they wont get me again. i believe they are not coping with the weight of the f250???

The weight wouldnt help. But they do the exact same thing on lighter 4x4's aswell. Jeeps etc. Even seen pics on the net of a suzuki with major chipping and cracks. Like I said russian ruelette. once bitten twice shy.

Ive given up Ben on my coopers and have to move on and find something more suitable. at least now Ive shared my experience i feel better. LOL

i've gotta say 90,000k on the first set of coopers and approx 40,000k on the current (not a single problem) including bris to broome last july, reckon thats pretty good service.

The recently released Cooper ST Maxx are like chalk and cheese to the old Cooper ST's. My Hilux has them and I went from BFG AT's to Mickey Thompson 5 bar, which wore out in 25,000K's to the new Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx.
    Very happy with the handling in the wet for such a deep treaded tyre and great in mud. Cooper have finally listened to their critics.

Quote Originally Posted by agcoast View Post
    Cooper have finally listened to their critics.
    Have they given them all refunds

I have run Cooper ATRs 265/75/r16 on my Patrol for the past 5 years. They are now at 73,000ks,and I reckon they have another 20k left in them. I havn't done too much hardcore offroad stuff, but plenty of beach and dirt road driving in that time. My patrol is pretty well loaded with gear all the time with steel bull bar, winch, draws, engel, dual batteries, roof rack, and of course, tow my galeforce (1300 kg loaded) and prior to the boat, my 21 foot caravan.

I have been really happy with the ATRs on the Patrol. I have yet (touch wood) had to change a flat tyre...When i need another set, I will replace again with Coopers, probably the new STs.

Good luck.
    Life is too short for instant coffee!

Call sign: Playtime (VHF 21)

Just got rid of my Coopers after 50 000, side wall blisters & cracking

Couldn’t be bothered about ringing them to go through the pro rata thing asbeing bent over once is painful enough,
    Wont be doing the cooper thing again

The good ole Claws always have the spank factor on the car

I have never brought myself to buy a set though as I don't think they last as long as some other brands ... but geez they look the goods haha

Mickey Thompson MTZ look pretty good too.. I will be coming up to a new set of tyres this year some time I would imagine.. putting it off as long as possible but the BFG are getting down a bit with 110,000 km on them ..... I have been VERY happy with them but am thinking that the new ones won't run as good as they are a different compound with the new tread design etc.
    2008 Signature 520C with the Suzuki 90 4 stroke on the back

Quote Originally Posted by fat-buoy View Post
    The good ole Claws always have the spank factor on the car

I have never brought myself to buy a set though as I don't think they last as long as some other brands ... but geez they look the goods haha

Mickey Thompson MTZ look pretty good too.. I will be coming up to a new set of tyres this year some time I would imagine.. putting it off as long as possible but the BFG are getting down a bit with 110,000 km on them ..... I have been VERY happy with them but am thinking that the new ones won't run as good as they are a different compound with the new tread design etc.

The km2's run rings around the km1's in every way... Like chalk and cheese

An older thread, but rather than creating a new one...Has anyone had experience with the new Cooper ST Maxx? The reviews i have found have been quite positive and apparently they have improved considerably since the original ST which were renown for chipping early in their life and also a bit dicey in the wet on the bitumen.

Any one got the new Maxxs on?

I decided to go with the new cooper maxxs. Will let you know now they go. First impressions are awesome, they look part, and are actually quieter on the road than my cooper all terrains.

Interestingly - After all the negativity surrounding Cooper Tyres & against my own better judgement (I hope not)
    I actually went out and bought a set of Coopers for my Grand Cherokee

I hope I don't regret it but having 20" wheels (265/50 x 20) left me with SFA options for an all terrain tyre ...... I mean SFA. I didn't even consider this when I bought the Jeep
    The original Khumos where a shocker. But being a road tyre - I wasn't expecting just how bad they were over the last couple of months (45-50K) Last week in the wet driving back from Sydney it was as if I was driving on ice skates (scared the bejeezes out of me)...... & I couldn't even drive on a grassy slope without the wheels chirping - enough was enough

Anyhoo - Basically my choice was either $530 Pirelli Scorpion ATR (which were a 275/55 ) or the $430 Cooper Zeon LTZ (but they were a 285/50 ) - The tread pattern looked great on the Coopers but the reputation of the Pirellis is outstanding In the end - I didn't really want to change the rolling diameter so I went with the Coopers & managed to get the price down to $375 (fitted) after ringing around .

So there you go ...... I'll be able to add my own comments on Coopers over the next 12 months

Chris
    coopers.jpg
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO