Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two drown on their first outing.

Re: Two drown on their first outing.

a lot of hypotheses regarding wet clothing, pfd etc..most have left out that most crucial word..panic. When that takes over anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    a lot of hypotheses regarding wet clothing, pfd etc..most have left out that most crucial word..panic. When that takes over anything can happen.

this is the true meaning IMO,,, i have been in conditions that sit well with me,, but greenhorns do panic,,, and without realising it could be doing something a bit different to hopefully save themselves and others,,,

not taking anything away from the loss of the family's,,,any loss is bad whether it occurs on the water,,, our roads,, or in real life,,, my condolences to all effected

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Charleville, You try putting on your winter clothes and go for a dip and see how the dynamics change. Try a pair of synthetic track pants and similar material sloppy-joe. These will quickly soak and make you heavier than you originally were, which makes getting back onto the yak difficult. Then you have the cold against your skin, and on a cold day, can slow your muscles down considerably. The cold will also make your brain process differently.
    Cheers, Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================