Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ubute Cookers

Re: Ubute Cookers

One of the starters doesn't work on my unit, but apart from that, it fits perfectly into the kitchen where 2 single burners won't. No more having to cut bacon rashers in half and having to cook meals in 2 frypans. I just need to find a way of securing the unit and plate in the CT as the plate won't fit in position when I close the kitchen up. Another project in the making.....

Cheers,
    Wags

so how did the camping go Wags? and i would use a hammer
    Tangles KFC

Mike - Great to get away from the frantic pace of the city and relax for 5 days. Kayaking on Maroon Dam, Wyaralong Dam and a few sections of the Upper Logan River. The hammer won't fit this situation.

We were lucky to get one from santa (brejen) and they are great ..have used it quite a few times since and find them very handy to have ...thank you santa ..
    Cheers Tezza

Who knows where the best buy for a u-bute is atm????
    Stop professional fishing... before it's too late!

Anyone else have an issue with left starter not working?
    My ignition wire that goes along the bottom up to the gas ring has melted/crumbled..
    Only used it twice I will be trying to sort it out with u-bute but I bought it through catchoftheday so unsure where I stand? I don't wanna pay return shipping that's for sure, probably cost me as much as the u-bute.

Edit - See post below for update - complete Ubute replacement at no cost and faulty unit was not required for returning

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

if you've got power onboard, i'd opt for an portable induction unit.... direct contact, safer, and no hassles with wind or running out of gas.

Have to get on here and give U-Bute.com.au a big thumbs up regarding customer service, Had an issue with the left starter wire and emailed U-Bute.com.au they replied the next day with a customer complaint form to complete. A day later I had an email saying they have sent me a package. Thinking it was a replacement wire, 12 days later a whole new U-bute arrived at the local post office

Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    Have to get on here and give U-Bute.com.au a big thumbs up regarding customer service, Had an issue with the left starter wire and emailed U-Bute.com.au they replied the next day with a customer complaint form to complete. A day later I had an email saying they have sent me a package. Thinking it was a replacement wire, 12 days later a whole new U-bute arrived at the local post office
    That is good to hear, I was worried about mine as it is still in the box unused, hopefully will try it out this weekend.

Boyz,
    Let us know when they come on sale again or where there is a good shop to get them from.
    Tradelink had them but sold out as soon as they came in!
    Cheers
    Stop professional fishing... before it's too late!

Was down at springwood marine today they got them for 129 which is a fair price I thought and you don't have to wait for postage. I'll nearly pay a million for not having to wait post especially from china or the usa

Quote Originally Posted by 20ran. View Post
    Was down at springwood marine today they got them for 129 which is a fair price I thought and you don't have to wait for postage. I'll nearly pay a million for not having to wait post especially from china or the usa
    They are posted within aus and mine took 14 days to arrive which was fair considering they were on special for $49 so would have got amlot of orders to fill. I have seen them come on special again twice since for $59 and $69 so they are a great buy when they come up.

The main u bute site has them at $85 + postage at the mo.

Heads up they are
    $59 @ Camping Plus
    224 Brisbane rd Labrador

sorry post removed, didnt realise this was an old post.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM