Thread: Camping Checklist

Camping Checklist

Gday
    im sure this has been posted elsewhere in the past but here we go anyways.
    Heading away camping next wk to Mission Point. I normally write up a bit of a list before i go, but just got to thinking..... does anybody have a general camping checklist saved that they use? came across this;
    http://www.travel-australia-online.c...st-may2010.pdf
    Rather extensive yes

May be of use to other campers to save this page or copy the link somewhere

Cheers

Re: Camping Checklist

Yep, always do a list.

I have spreadsheet.

columns are marked.

Items................ have........... to buy.................. packed................comments

Usually end up with 4 pages as I do one for camp equip, one fishing equip, one personal gear ( clothes etc ) and one for food........ no need to list grog

Then there is the other list if taking the boat.

The other list is some essentials....... camp permits, beach permits, tide times, emergency numbers etc etc etc

Oh and then if going inland....... 4 x 4 recovery list.

mmmmmmmmmm way too much paperwork

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hi
    I always do a list-- last time i never we forgot the pillows and eggs.
    I have a camping kit-- one tub has Plates, cutlery, bowls, cups, frypans etc and another has stuff like washing up detergent, sponges, mozzie coils , batteries, tea towels, zip ties, airbed patches etc. I have another for food stuffs like oil, sauces,canned goods etc. Each trip I replenish them all so we are ready for the next. Just have to put in perishables. All the gear is together in one place in the shed and I just go out and put it on the floor ready to load. Am always pretty organised but still find the need to make a list. better off doing abit of paperwork than forgettin something. Its a bugger trying to have eggs and bacon without the eggs.

We also made the kids a kit up and gave it to them for Xmas one year. Just a large plastic tub with the essentials-- plates, cups, cutlery, tea towels, saucepans etc . They think its great . All they have to do is pack it in the car or boat. Ready to go tubs as we call them.

Ronnie

Man up and do away with the lists!!!!

Pack whats in immediate view of you at the time and anything else you forget, just improvise.
    Lists are for women..........and as proof of this theory, 100% of respondents before me have been female...........ish.
    See.....Point made!!!!

I agree with muddy, the mrs has i list, i just wing it and hope for the best, she has forgotten stuff i never have yet. oh what it's like to be young and still have your memory....

Quote Originally Posted by lucee81 View Post
    I agree with muddy, the mrs has i list, i just wing it and hope for the best, she has forgotten stuff i never have yet. oh what it's like to be young and still have your memory....
    You hit the nail on the head-- as we get older the memory goes thats why lists were invented.

Ronnie

i forgot Mrs Choppa a few times,,,,, honest mistake,,,

Chopjr has his part in this area,,,, takes him more time double checking everything than what it does to pack it,,,, a Bear Grylls he'll never be
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

I made a list and forgot it.

Fair-dinkum I made a list whilst at work for trip we did a few weeks back to the island and left the sucker at work so I just winged it and forgot nothing - amazing really.

Took whole family and boat, camping gear and fishing gear for 6 days camping - missus took care of food and toiletries - I did everything else.

x29.jpgX2.jpg
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post

Fair-dinkum I made a list whilst at work for trip we did a few weeks back to the island and left the sucker at work so I just winged it and forgot nothing - amazing really.

Took whole family and boat, camping gear and fishing gear for 6 days camping - missus took care of food and toiletries - I did everything else.
    I just got back from wkend at mission pt. I did the same as you, typed up list at work but it never came home... dont think i forgot anything either really. That list i posted was a little too extensive for a boys piss up weekend away
    Although the boats still came back chockas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post

x29.jpgX2.jpg
    Once you have done it once you will know what you need. Put all the gear back in one spot in the shed and you are ready to go next time without a drama.
    Trev that looks like a top spot , what Island are we taking about here mate ?

Jimmy