Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minn Kota Troubles

Re: Minn Kota Troubles

Righto, I pulled the pedal apart, p.o.p as davo says, looks all good on the debris etc, cleaned it up but under the "glue/goop" it appears that there is abit of corrosion under the connections with the worst being the green cable, the one which controls the left direction. Pretty sure it is the problem will take to BLA tomorrow for repair or send back etc. At least I feel I have isolated the issue let's hope I can get it fixed ASAP. I don't know how I used to manage without my lecky. Will post up pics to give you guys an idea. Thanks to all those with replies much appreciated.

yeah mate. same prob i had a couple of years back. there was a visible breach in the "glue/goop". like i was saying to you, they'll fix it free and you'll get a job sheet saying to wash with fresh soapy water after each use. doesn't really make sense. its either waterproof or it aint. rust isn't fussy, its just faster with added salt. happily the i pilot solves that problem and no doubt you'll have yours before it can corrode again.
    cheers mate
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Sounds like you have found the problem Mossy, keep an eye on the connection between the foot pedal wire and the motor if any corrosion or green stuff appears there it can cause issues as well. Had problems with mine in this area especially with the Co-Pilot connection. Trevor at Karee is a Minn Kota rep as well and can organise warranty/service jobs. Dropped mine off there a few times and got it back super quick.

Regards

Richo

Ok, here is the outcome. It looked like it was the corrosion under the connections to the board. Took the pedal over to BLA out at murrarie, the lady at the counter grabbed an old mate to give is a hand. He walked out, gave him the pedal explained the symptoms he looked at it said to me he didn't want to f#@k me around swapped it out for a brand newy. Was abit shocked as I always seem to have dramas returning products but this was just a pleasure to deal with this group. Tested the pedal and she's all gravy baby

Blog Entries

Woot! Great outcome. Good to hear good news stories.

Sing out if you need a deckie up Caloundra way to make doubly sure it is all fixed mate

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Woot! Great outcome. Good to hear good news stories.

Sing out if you need a deckie up Caloundra way to make doubly sure it is all fixed mate
    Any time mate I'll let you know when mossy charters is heading up the coast.

Yeah my dealings with bla where positive as well, soon as I found out my spring was broken they sent me 4 new ones express post for free ... Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

I have an issue with my Terranova, the co-pilot remote works great but the Autopilot button on the foot pedal doesn't work. All other aspects of the pedal work perfect but I can't turn the autopilot with the foot pedal. Just stays on all the time!

Ideas?
    Thats another one for the Punisher!

Quote Originally Posted by breakthelines View Post
    I have an issue with my Terranova, the co-pilot remote works great but the Autopilot button on the foot pedal doesn't work. All other aspects of the pedal work perfect but I can't turn the autopilot with the foot pedal. Just stays on all the time!

Ideas?
    Not to sure mate pull it apart, not sure of your model pedal but it should give you an idea, connection corrosion?

Seems that there was some rubbish under the button magnet......fixed!
    Thats another one for the Punisher!