Thread: Lowrance HDS-10, What do I Buy

Ausfish Platinum Member

Lowrance HDS-10, What do I Buy

Looking at buying one, tell me about em.
    What bits do I need? Seems ya can buy em without transducer, then there's heaps of transducers on option. What's best, what do I buy. I wanna see side views and do as much as the unit can do.
    Missus wants it for her early chrissie present. It's goin in our tinny, seen em when we did the ABT the other week, but I'm confused with what we want.

Cheers
    Corry
    Cheers
    Corry

Re: Lowrance HDS-10, What do I Buy

Hi mate.

What do you normally fish majority of the time? Fresh water rivers impoundments, rivers bays or offshore?

What sounders do you currently have now?

You would firstly need to buy a HDS unit + the Structure Scan module. Transducer depends on where you fish and what depths you normally fish to. 83/200 is a good transducer if you don’t fish offshore or very deep water.

Love my HDS8 + Structure scan and have had it of r a while now. Pretty easy to use but the true benefit of them comes from the experience you learn from using the units. Once you have mastered the unit when its on AUTO, you can get so much more out of them when you switch AUTO of and move over to manual adjustments.

Cheers

Lee

Ausfish Platinum Member

Cheers for that Lee, I was procrastinating on it and the better half bought it while in the shop, went for the 10, did contemplate the 8, got the structure scan, full Aus maps and transducer. Told her it looks like it can do radar after we left and got in trouble, now she's gotta go back and see about that.
    Look forward to testing it out tomorrow.

Corry
    Cheers
    Corry

hi Corry, i have just bought a 680 Patriot with HDS-10 with side scan. i am looking forward to using it hopefully Sunday. Have you used yours yet? what do u think?