Thread: Hot Surface - BIG poppers

Hot Surface - BIG poppers

The Bass were positively hot for any surface lure this morning.
    Anything that floats got hit.
    Gave me a good chance to try a bigger popper on them.An 88mm bubble pop with downsized trebles ( size 6 +feather). They could not leave it alone , with strikes even while it lay in the water while I was measuring fish and while it was planing at the end of a retrieve!
    Even one fish under 30 managed to get hold of it.
    Whats next? there is a 110mm model or I guess the GT lures might be worth a go!

It was just one of those still, sticky mornings that I guess anything would work, but it certainly proves larger lures dont scare them when they are in the mood.

Cheers

Brendan

PS I've added a little plug for my local at the end
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cicada.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	74032   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	88mmpop 1.jpg 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	74033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	88mmpop2.jpg 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	74034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tackle shop 1.jpg 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	74035  

Re: Hot Surface - BIG poppers

Nice work man,

I was down at the spot i messaged you this morning and had no luck at all , tried everything aswell haha

haha, nice work m8 gotta love those sessions when they will eat anything .... I wonder if they think its food or they are territorial enough to think its invading their bit of water ????

Yeah potsy I am sure it's a combo of things and weather and moon too I guess, but whatever, it sure is fun. I am just seriously considering fitting 3 sets of say size 6 trebles to a 110mm popper just for a giggle!

It was so still out there today that you could clearly see the surface swirls as fish headed for the lure. There appeared to often be more than one interested , and you could just wait as they moved near then just a tiny BLOOP and away!

Cheers
    Brendan

Got plenty on the pop today but worth noting how small they will go and still attack an 88mm lure.
    This one was 23cm but got a 20 on this lure also.
    They must be really territorial as they all cop it in the side of the head , not in the mouth.
    Brendan
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23 cm.jpg 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	74283