Thread: Garmin GPS assist needed.

Angry Garmin GPS assist needed.

OK.

I have a 176C and a 276C using Garmin dedicated Data Cards.. ( not SD cards )

I would like to view the charts on the Data Cards on Mapsource on my PC.

I have the basic Mapsource software and all my GPS points and tracks etc are loaded onto it.

There are NO contours, depth soundings etc loaded. Had issues when I put in new Motherboard.

I have been to a business in Brisbane, which I explained in detail what I wanted. They sold me a Homeport SD card software. To say it is $#@#$#@ed is an understatement. Asks me to do things that I cannot, due to no icons or dialogue boxes to do it with. Further, I eventually get the map data up on the PC, BUT the program will not save it. That means I have to pull the Data card from the USB Prog and insert the blank data card ( which holds all my gps points etc ), but, the Homeport software will not recognise that card. WTF ?

Currently on and off the phone to JA ( business ) transfering info to tech guys back and forth.... aarrgghh

Salesman who sold me Homeport ( after I told him specific.... SPECIFIC... details of what I wanted ) has now told me that Homeport will NOT save chart info on PC ? WTF ?? Further, he said that Garmin do not have Mapsource Bluechart CD's for installation... discontinued ?? WTF .... again >>>>>>

You know what...... it's my fault. For believing that someone who actually sold Garmin products ( dedicated Garmin retailer ) would actually know what the product could and could not do.

Any suggestions from people that know the products... no guesses please. Very frustrated atm.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Garmin GPS assist needed.

come on phill, settle down go and havea big snif of some paint
    have you called wayne yet

No, not yet. Still waiting to see how deep a hole the garmin people can dig for themselves.

I have now ( don't ask me to remember or repeat ) loaded all GPS points into Homeport and believe it or not, they are saved. Jeez this software is light on for instructions.

I now know that I have to plug my Garmin Bluechart card into the Prog prior to starting Homeport and that should bring up map info.

I haven't tried to add waypoints, plot a course or stuff like that as my head is still spinning ( not from paint sniffing ).

I actually told the ... sales person, that " Garmin have done the wrong thing by their loyal clients and in fact it leaves a bad taste in my mouth " I went on to tell him that Garmin, in their wisedom, may lose me as a customer.

I will never understand why people or business's want to fix something that is NOT broken...?????????????

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

no probs phill i can fix the situation for you call me to arrange time to catch up free training and customer service at your house hows that for back up service .

wayne
    Garmin marine expert

Quote Originally Posted by kitty_cat View Post
    no probs phill i can fix the situation for you call me to arrange time to catch up free training and customer service at your house hows that for back up service .

wayne
    Garmin marine expert
    ...now that's what I call back-up service! ...but I can feel your frustration Phil. 99% of retail attendants these days don't seem to have any depth of knowledge about what they're selling...