Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

from a non GOM to a GOM..I'll take the treasurers job..the blood Treasury DG better have it all sorted for my first day on the job.

Exclamation Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    CanDo's track record.
    Tunnel no-one uses and bikes throughout the city standing in racks.

Maybe a bike rack in Enoggera or The Gap??
    Joh had "cranes on the skyline"
    Newman has "borers in the ground"

I think Ashgrove is getting bike racks installed outside all the pubs.

I saw that the odds for Labor winning the next election was over 6 dollars.

I also saw some figures that showed Labor polling at 40%. Who the f#@$ are these 40% of people? It just amazes me that people are willing to persist with a government that is so disfunctional.

And before anyone brings out the old "as if the other mob are going to be any better" gem, i can answer that, YES, yes they will be better. I look forward to the policy being put forth by Mark, but in reality, it is insignificant to the other major issues that this current government has caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I think Ashgrove is getting bike racks installed outside all the pubs.
    Try parking meters Gazza. They're ready to go once the Council election is over.
    I don't know why but for some reason Ashgrove is the only inner Brisbane electorate that missed out on parking meters when the Bris City Council started pushing them out into the inner suburbs almost 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    I'm just asking your opinion Phil, that's all. Will you be satisfied if the LNP policy comes out stating the M/Bay green zones will be "reviewed" and "assessed", and what if there's a retraction from the LNP's previous position of allowing 1 rod in green zones?

My LNP policy wish is for a clear statement that the amount of M/Bay covered by green zones will be reduced, and 1 rod permitted in green zones. The later is a deal breaker afaImc.

Come on Phill (note 2xl's) What about "reviews" instead of changes to M/Bay green zones and dropping the using 1 rod idea? A pass or fail mark if that were in a policy?

I may be out on my own here, but One out All out in Green zones. No divers, trolling, oil drilling or jet skiing etc etc etc.

Thing is Mike, if the Green Zones are in the right place for the right reasons, we will not need the 1 rod restriction.

But......... to answer your question. IF the LNP only review the zones or adopt the 1 rod rule for the current Green Zones, I can live with that. For the short term...........

There are Green Zones currently sitting in the MBMP that provide no protection of any kind as they were simply put there to " make up the numbers ".. ie:- 16% to which the greenies thought was great,,, because they do not have a clue about the MBMP, it's habitats, environments, users, inhabitants, structure, evolution and much much more, all they knew is that the Govt promised 15% and they got 16%, hence they had a win........ ffffttttt win my..... In real terms, recreational fishers did not lose that much area ( not to be confused with actual usable fishable areas ). And to acknowledge the Charter guys who lost part of their livleyhood with NO compensation.

What is a Green Zone ? IMO it should be a zoning that ( hopes ) to protect the habitat and species from further degradation and depletion. Hence my call for zonings up rivers, creek and estuaries.... the Mangrove areas, to be exact. Jail the polluters and impose fines than Superman would have trouble flying over.

Should there be a buffer zone adjacent to Green Zones ? To counter any " spill over " effect.... not that I subscribe to that theory... on the whole.

I would not even be opposed to Green Zoning, Artifical Reefs for 5 years, then move on.( Rotate )

It is a big call to shut down recreational, commercial fishing within the confines of a heavily populated city through Green Zones. Certainly utilizing a rotational system of closures would appear to be a far greater " vote winner " and " habitat winner ", to me.

Being a part of the Arti reef group, we produced a great outcome for greater Brisbane & Gold Coast anglers, but with the MBMP 16% green zoned, our arti contribution compensated less than .05%. Did not even touch the chart / grid / graph. .

All the Green Zones you want will do diddly squat, if we do not assist the habitat through artifical reef building , aggressive pollution control and stopping the mangrove / shoreline habitat destruction. This is a no brainer. Let us not forget the real possibility of Wild Stocking programs and Sea Grass reabilitation.

I'll agree with the 1 rod in the Green Zones if we also stop all anchoring, specifically from Tourist Operators. ( I might pay for that one )

Am I asking too much or am I still a GOM ?

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Lucky Phill - I agree with your point, but I've seen/heard you in action - so GOMGOMGOM

Regards,
    B Freddy

I have agreed with what you say since they were first mooted..if we are stuck with green zones then they are total no go zones for everyone.

Most of the changes have been due to foreshore degradation ..destruction of foreshore mangroves. BUT..too late now in most areas to do anything about that..it has been destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindfreddy View Post
    Lucky Phill - I agree with your point, but I've seen/heard you in action - so GOMGOMGOM

Regards,
    B Freddy

I'll bite.................. " Please expain ". So BFWMFRTIDU ?

LP

Phill. He's saying that even though YOUR A GRUMPY OLD MAN, GRUMPY OLD MAN, GRUMPY OLD MAN he is in agreeance with your point. I have a feeling he knows you.
    And bugger me....what does BFWMFRTIDU mean??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

OH.... and to the pm.... T = That

And, I have never been GOM in public.. ? have I ?

Unless, of course BF knows me from a previous life

Maybe BF should send me a pm ?

It just dawned on me who Blindfreddy is.

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 28-01-2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: waking up....

you must be a GOM Phill..having a nanny nap this arvo.

Thanks Phill, I was looking for a yes or no, but, I think I understand what you're saying, please correct me if I've got this wrong.
    You would still be happy if the LNP fishing policy had no solid commitment to reduce the number and or size of M/Bay green zones, and you'd still be happy if they retreated from their previous position (promise) of allowing rec anglers to use 1 rod in green zones.

The LNP and MP Mark (and many on here inc you & myself) were pretty quick to condemn Labor stuffups and green pandering in these areas, so I was hoping the LNP policy might actually correct some of these issues. MP Mark tells us on his web site that 75% of the bays best fishing spots are inside the green zones, below Phill you say it's in excess of 50%. If you were both fair dinkum then why not have a policy that adresses that problem.

With your new position, and parts of the LNP policy being sent back to the drawing board, and Baltais now claiming a small win, I'm starting to worry.

EDIT; BTW I wish this bloke was back.

Nah... missed it Mike.

1. I can live with the 1 rod policy.......... in the short term.

2. I fully expect a review of the MBMP zonings within the first term of office and fully expect changes to the zonings as a result of those reviews.

3. I can also live with extended zonings, provided they are placed in the right areas for the right reasons.

4. I expect full, peer reviewed science to be adopted as part of the LNP " transparency and accountability " mantra.

5. I do not have a new position. I remain focused on my goals. I have a clear agenda. I am a GOM.

LP

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    you must be a GOM Phill..having a nanny nap this arvo.
    Nope. planting out some new scrubs and hedge plants, did a bit of housework, went shopping....... can I tell you about that experience ????

I was also on the blower to Tangles for a while ................

Greg, there are 3 things in life I really could do without as they are a complete waste of time.

1. Sleeping

2. Pooping

3. Traffic Lights

Now, about that shopping experience today................

LP