Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Its Phill with 2 ll's Nagg, and yes look foward to Marks reply. Maybe the next time a state election is called will be the time, maybe.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    Its Phill with 2 ll's Nagg, and yes look foward to Marks reply. Maybe the next time a state election is called will be the time, maybe.
    Sorted - I gave Phill his extra L
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yes I would of thought with the budget getting nearer and CN telling QLDers they should be excited, would be reason enough for Mark to get on here and spin some trivial detail into gods gift to fishers (ala the emabarassing public holiday thread)
    Seeming as how that hasn't happened and Mark is nowhere to be heard from, I reckon you can assume there ain't squat worth mentioning, and that's sad, and a little bit worrying.
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

I actually think that we may be better off just keeping quiet and hoping CanDo doesn't set his sites on the rec fishing community to pull Qld out of this so called economic mess ..... we sure don't need the similar "help" he's giving to the public service/Health services/Solar energy scheme , etc, etc.....

This budget will be about revenue raising, and if rec fishing is involved it will only be bad news I reckon...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post

Only an LNP govt will restore the balance back to rec fishing and create a sustainable fishing future.
    Mark
    I am bemused as to how the funding cuts and sackings can achieve this ??????

in the expense measure of the budget papers:

The Government will provide additional funding of $10 million over two years to
    improve the sustainability of the commercial fishing industry by restoring the
    health and wellbeing of Queensland's fisheries.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post

That's what Conservative governments do ! ......
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Can-Do has two mates with old trawlers and are wanting to retire????
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Happy to point out the commitments that the LNP made wrt fishing should we be in government.
    1. $10 million net licence buyback. This commitment is underway.
    2. Marine infrastructure fund. To build more boat ramps, pontoons, artificial reefs etc. Applications to this fund are to my knowledge open
    3. In state waters, no new marine parks, no new Green zones, no expansion of current Green zones.
    4. Fairer Rec Fishing Access. While there was no election announcement to allow one line in Green zones, it is current LNP policy to allow one line in selected Green zones. I look forward to this policy being implemented in due course at the minister's initiative.

I hope that helps clarify things

#2 - I can't see the need for more boat ramps, pontoons in Qld when 14000 jobs have been cut......

Happy to point out the commitments that the LNP made wrt fishing should we be in government.
    2. Marine infrastructure fund. To build more boat ramps, pontoons, artificial reefs etc. Applications to this fund are to my knowledge open
    3. In state waters, no new marine parks, no new Green zones, no expansion of current Green zones.
    4. Fairer Rec Fishing Access. While there was no election announcement to allow one line in Green zones, it is current LNP policy to allow one line in selected Green zones. I look forward to this policy being implemented in due course at the minister's initiative.

Any specifics instead of vague statements.......

Item 1. How many nets does $10,000,000 buy?

Item 2. How much money is there to fund these projects? You must be able to bung a figure on it as you know $10,000,000 will be spent on buying nets
    To be quite frank mowing the lawn at Wellington Point boat ramp or putting a bin at Mission beach satisfies this point. In fact placing a Do Not Park Here sign satisfies this point.

Item 3. Thanks for doing nothing again. Is Christmas Day still Christmas Day?

Item 4. What's the minister waiting for? A rainy day or something? What does the minister need to get 'an initiative' to sign off on the one line in green zones?

Anyways it won't make any difference if The Minister signs off on the one line in green zones or not. We'll be able to pretty well do as we wish very soon as there won't be any Fisheries officers to ping us if we fish a green zone by the sounds.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

come on mark..how about being happy about detailing the cuts from fisheries in regards to rec anglers ?????????????????????????