Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

So you are just happy to accept the current level of crap dished up by the ALP and live in fear of change?? C'mon get real !!!

They both serve up the same BS on the plate so I dont expect big changes but this version of the ALP has been there way too long and it is just not a healthy situation. I will be the first to turf the LNP out if they dont make a fist of it but I am not going to live on a flat earth for fear of not going for sail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    That not true Phill.....was that stated on the "Can Do" web site or did MP Mark tell you that?
    Date of the election is March 24 too Phill....wouldn't want to see you get fined.

I was watching Campbell being interviewed on Briz 31 and he had a good half hour conversation with the interviewer... program called.. " Meet the Ministers " and the interview was conducted in about March / April last year.

No worries about being fined.... postal vote has been completed

I don't do election day or queues
    from...March 29. 2011

OPPOSITION leader-in-waiting Campbell Newman will wipe his party's policy slate clean and start again.

``What I will be saying to the party room ... once I've been endorsed, is that all policies that have been previously announced are essentially null and void,'' Mr Newman told reporters on Tuesday.

``And the new team will be making announcements about policy.

``It's a new start and a new beginning.''

SO the ALP in their rumour mongering should also state the that Campbell hasn't changed his mind..... he simply did what he said he would do....... " go figure " from a pollie ( potential pollie )

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thumbs up Re: LNP Fishing policy

Hi Nagg , You don't have to be an alp-hack to realise the bleeding obvious mate.
    [the lnp-hacks are struggling though]
    an oldie saying "peacocks , all feathers , no substance"

LNP will be "taking the field" before EASTER , so get ready for the LNP Chocolate-coated turds masquerading as Easter Eggs

p.s. GregP

Ah Hah.........

Campbell told a lie......... I have found it.

here is his statement from 29th March 2011.

" He says he will recontest his seat at the next election, while Mr Newman plans to run in Ashgrove against Queensland Environment Minister Kate Jones. "

He is not contesting the seat of the Environment Minister, because she dogged it..... Campbell... you are hereby aquitted of lies.........

LP

Thumbs up Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    from...March 29. 2011

OPPOSITION leader-in-waiting Campbell Newman will wipe his party's policy slate clean and start again.

``And the new team will be making announcements about policy.
    Did anybody tell Mark-MP he is permitted to speak ?? , maybe Mark-MP is saving up to meet with Can-Do 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    So you are just happy to accept the current level of crap dished up by the ALP and live in fear of change?? C'mon get real !!!

They both serve up the same BS on the plate so I dont expect big changes but this version of the ALP has been there way too long and it is just not a healthy situation. I will be the first to turf the LNP out if they dont make a fist of it but I am not going to live on a flat earth for fear of not going for sail.
    no ... not happy - not unhappy either but dubious of those that want to run the place . My life up here is no better or worst than when i lived in sydney.
    If i liked what I heard from the LNP ..... I'd vote for them -........ sadly political rhetoric does not inspire me

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Did anybody tell Mark-MP he is permitted to speak ?? , maybe Mark-MP is saving up to meet with Can-Do 1st.
    dunno......... would you like his phone number......... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    p.s. GregP
    Thanks Gazz - the rain didn't spoil last night too much I hope.

no ... not happy - not unhappy either but dubious of those that want to run the place . My life up here is no better or worst than when i lived in sydney.
    If i liked what I heard from the LNP ..... I'd vote for them -........ sadly political rhetoric does not inspire me

chris
    I can't believe I just read that!!! after all these years friggen 20 of them that this labour Govt has been in power with all the wealth of this great state through mineral assets and we are busted arse broke!!! now that's good leadership hey!!! and a govt with great direction our hospitals,roads, schools and fisheries are in a shocking state and have been let slide to a point where it will be very difficult to return from and you say that,well I'd say as a proud born and bread Queenslander you can go home to NSW and support a Labour Govt down there,I See Anna Blight on our society on the news just now say she'll pay to have kids taught how to swim!!!I'm all for saving kids from drowning but it's the parents responsibility to teach them as I taught my daughter not the taxpayer she's just grasping at straws to get the female vote.
    I'm very suss on the LNP and will probably vote for Katter's Australian Party unless the LNP can show me something positive towards OUR fisheries and get the friggen nets out of OUR Marine Parks that we had to have after all my business depends on that as well no fish means NO TOURISM.
    I can't believe not one person has commented on the stats I put up supplied by the Labour Govt in this thread re; fish netted and their value,I personally as a Queenslander am disgusted at those figures and they all talk about boosting tourism their all full of sh!t!!Smart State my Arse
    Off the soap box now.

Paul

Well I finally got around to buying this months BnB after work today to read said political statements on page 5
    ALP Piece = the usual crap, no susbstance what-so-ever, Authored by Craig Wallace
    LNP Piece = a little better with some worrying lines in there and "The LNP will make specific announcements throughout the election campaign...." (officially kicked of today ) Authored by Mark Robinson
    KAP = quite specific, no crap and appealing to the rec angler, no Aurthor stated.
    Greens = There invite to make a case must have gone missing in the mail

KAP 1, LNP 0, ALP 0 & Greens - 1,000,000,000,000,000

Strategic directions statement about fishing ... specific policy and announcements to follow very soon ...
    The LNP and Recreational Fishing in Queensland Waters
    Fishing is one of the most popular pastimes in Queensland, with an estimated 750,000 recreational fishers in this state, who contribute $1.5 billion to the State’s economy. The LNP has consistently stood for fair outcomes for recreational fishers and boaties. Only the LNP can turn back the tide against Labor’s anti-fishing and politically driven policies.
    LABOR HAS FAILED RECREATIONAL FISHERS & BOATIES
    Labor has largely ignored Queensland’s recreational fishers and has sold out their right to fish sustainably for preferences deals with the Greens. Who could forget Labor’s snapper bans that Labor MP’s voted for in the Queensland parliament? Labor and the Greens are secretly planning more bans and closures that will further strip away the rights of recreational fishers. Further, under Labor governments, the cost to fish has risen sharply and will continue if they are re-elected.
    THE LNP AND RECREATIONAL FISHING
    While we will have specific announcements throughout the State election campaign, there are several strategic directions that the LNP is committed to.
    1. The LNP stands for Full Consultation with Rec Fishers. We have been listening to Queensland’s recreational fishers. As the Shadow Minister for Fisheries and Marine Infrastructure I have travelled across the State meeting with rec fishers and representative groups to understand their concerns and perspectives. An LNP government will consult widely and continuously with the fishing public and ensure that their views are heard.
    2. The LNP stands for Fair Access for Rec Fishers. If rec fishers fish responsibly and sustainably, they don’t need to be increasingly banned from, and locked out of, large sections of inshore waters as the Bligh government is doing. We continue to stand for sustainable fishing and protecting our marine environment, but without locking out rec fishers as the Bligh government has done and will continue to do.
    3. The LNP stands for Sustainable Fishing. A large number of recreational fishers remain angered by Labor’s green politics and question the evidence-base for excluding recreational fishers from some fish-rich areas. The LNP is committed to “no new marine parks and fishing closures” and to maintain the existing three state marine parks.
    4. The LNP will invest in boating and marine infrastructure so that local communities have the boat ramps, pontoons and fishing platforms that they need.
    5. The LNP stands for a Viable and Sustainable Seafood Industry and to reducing pressures created by overfishing - where it can be demonstrated.
    The LNP is committed to Recreational Fishing policy that is sensible and sustainable, and that:
    • Gives local people a proper say in decisions that affect their community, and
    • Allows recreational fishing access to inshore and inland waters at fair and sustainable levels, and
    • Protects our marine environment.
    It’s time for a change, and we can only change Queensland by changing to an LNP CanDo government – a government that plans carefully and acts purposefully

Not good enough Mark. Let's hope the policy is forthcoming very soon.

The above is a cut and paste from the BnB magazine, March edition.

First paragraph.. " one of the most popular passtimes "... nope........... THE most popular. It ranks number one.

Not only is it a passtime, but it contributes hugely to the economic, health, well being and social interactions of Queenslanders.

Couldn't get to the launch today......... saw the crush on tele.

Cheers Phill

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Dolan View Post
    I can't believe I just read that!!! after all these years friggen 20 of them that this labour Govt has been in power with all the wealth of this great state through mineral assets and we are busted arse broke!!! now that's good leadership hey!!! and a govt with great direction our hospitals,roads, schools and fisheries are in a shocking state and have been let slide to a point where it will be very difficult to return from and you say that,well I'd say as a proud born and bread Queenslander you can go home to NSW and support a Labour Govt down there,I See Anna Blight on our society on the news just now say she'll pay to have kids taught how to swim!!!I'm all for saving kids from drowning but it's the parents responsibility to teach them as I taught my daughter not the taxpayer she's just grasping at straws to get the female vote.
    I'm very suss on the LNP and will probably vote for Katter's Australian Party unless the LNP can show me something positive towards OUR fisheries and get the friggen nets out of OUR Marine Parks that we had to have after all my business depends on that as well no fish means NO TOURISM.
    I can't believe not one person has commented on the stats I put up supplied by the Labour Govt in this thread re; fish netted and their value,I personally as a Queenslander am disgusted at those figures and they all talk about boosting tourism their all full of sh!t!!Smart State my Arse
    Off the soap box now.

Paul
    Paul .... firstly - NSW has a conservative government !!!

You - just like too many others get on the band wagon that everything is so bad up here ...... At least I know what it was like living in another state & I know what the cost of living / living standards were like down there !!! You say that the hospitals are in such a bad way - yet there are 2 magnificent hospitals in Brisbane & a third on the gold coast (recent developments) - a new childrens hospital is being built as we type .... Funny how there is very few complaints from the 3 Qld health workers that live in my block of units ....... yes there was a problem with the SAP system that was used for their pays (most software changes have problems...... been there , done that!!!) Yes I know that not everyone lives in SE Qld ( Just the majority)
    Roads - The road network is SE Qld has improved out of site since I started coming up here in the mid 90's ........ yes the Bruce hwy is a disgrace ( That is federally funded ...... with Jack spent under Howard) .
    Schools - I cant really comment !
    Fisheries ........ well I agree that something needs to be done - i'm an advocate for a RFL & the buyout of netters who fish the estuaries........... A government with any smarts would do it - But it wont come from the LNP either...... I note that your business has been influenced & bolsted by the successful SIP scheme that was introduced by the current Labor government ......

I note your shot at AB for wanting to pay for kids to learn to swim ....... now where is CN going to get the funds ( or the doctors) to make a home visit to every new mum in Qld = talk about buying the women's vote.
    As for Bob Katter ........ well , are you trying to demonstrate your ignorance .......as BK will have SFA influence on policy specially in a landslide election win by the LNP .

Well at least we know if the LNP get in the mineral assets will be opened up to a wealthy Qld individual to exploit!!!!

-
    Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    Strategic directions statement about fishing ... specific policy and announcements to follow very soon ...
    The LNP and Recreational Fishing in Queensland Waters
    Fishing is one of the most popular pastimes in Queensland, with an estimated 750,000 recreational fishers in this state, who contribute $1.5 billion to the State’s economy. The LNP has consistently stood for fair outcomes for recreational fishers and boaties. Only the LNP can turn back the tide against Labor’s anti-fishing and politically driven policies.
    LABOR HAS FAILED RECREATIONAL FISHERS & BOATIES
    Labor has largely ignored Queensland’s recreational fishers and has sold out their right to fish sustainably for preferences deals with the Greens. Who could forget Labor’s snapper bans that Labor MP’s voted for in the Queensland parliament? Labor and the Greens are secretly planning more bans and closures that will further strip away the rights of recreational fishers. Further, under Labor governments, the cost to fish has risen sharply and will continue if they are re-elected.
    THE LNP AND RECREATIONAL FISHING
    While we will have specific announcements throughout the State election campaign, there are several strategic directions that the LNP is committed to.
    1. The LNP stands for Full Consultation with Rec Fishers. We have been listening to Queensland’s recreational fishers. As the Shadow Minister for Fisheries and Marine Infrastructure I have travelled across the State meeting with rec fishers and representative groups to understand their concerns and perspectives. An LNP government will consult widely and continuously with the fishing public and ensure that their views are heard.
    2. The LNP stands for Fair Access for Rec Fishers. If rec fishers fish responsibly and sustainably, they don’t need to be increasingly banned from, and locked out of, large sections of inshore waters as the Bligh government is doing. We continue to stand for sustainable fishing and protecting our marine environment, but without locking out rec fishers as the Bligh government has done and will continue to do.
    3. The LNP stands for Sustainable Fishing. A large number of recreational fishers remain angered by Labor’s green politics and question the evidence-base for excluding recreational fishers from some fish-rich areas. The LNP is committed to “no new marine parks and fishing closures” and to maintain the existing three state marine parks.
    4. The LNP will invest in boating and marine infrastructure so that local communities have the boat ramps, pontoons and fishing platforms that they need.
    5. The LNP stands for a Viable and Sustainable Seafood Industry and to reducing pressures created by overfishing - where it can be demonstrated.
    The LNP is committed to Recreational Fishing policy that is sensible and sustainable, and that:
    • Gives local people a proper say in decisions that affect their community, and
    • Allows recreational fishing access to inshore and inland waters at fair and sustainable levels, and
    • Protects our marine environment.
    It’s time for a change, and we can only change Queensland by changing to an LNP CanDo government – a government that plans carefully and acts purposefully
    CANDO ....... Cut & Paste !!!!

Brilliant !!!! .......
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO