Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

S'cool Gazza, I appreciate your giving me your opinion, thank you!

Re: Timi badboy lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post

The TRuth , "U can't handle the truth Son" !!
    p.s. Private School kids are subsidized 30% by the great "unwashed" .....WHY??
    simple one to answer..saves the Govt from having to build more schools to house these kids..way cheaper to give subsidies.

It is obvious you don;t like the LNP Gazza..care to share some of the wonderful delights both the current Federal and State ALP Governments have blessed us with ?

Aren't we all blindly being shepherded down the user pays path by the fact that the Government has been completely incompetant at fiscal management.

Perhaps we should be asking why out of the the hundreds of millions of dollars generated by goods and services purchased, that are a direct result of our participation in boating and fishing, there is virtually nothing available to fund research ,compliance,infrastructure and in the the case of my personal wish list an effective plan for the future.
    That is the real question.
    I cannot see a justification for designing and approving a new revenue stream to achieve what should already be in place. Given the inescapable fact that the current revenue has been squandered in a disgraceful fashion.
    It is simply good money after bad.
    Remember also, that once the user pays genie is out he wont go back and we wont be able to keep him in check.
    Every time we ask for an increase government spending for anything fisheries related it will be ......user pays.

I know this is going to upset a few people, but I have started to understand, we are being played in a classic"bait and switch" ploy.

Cheers
    rando

Quote Originally Posted by rando View Post
    Aren't we all blindly being shepherded down the user pays path by the fact that the Government has been completely incompetant at fiscal management.

Perhaps we should be asking why out of the the hundreds of millions of dollars generated by goods and services purchased, that are a direct result of our participation in boating and fishing, there is virtually nothing available to fund research ,compliance,infrastructure and in the the case of my personal wish list an effective plan for the future.
    That is the real question.
    I cannot see a justification for designing and approving a new revenue stream to achieve what should already be in place
    Given the inescapable fact that the current revenue has been squandered in a disgraceful fashion.
    It is simply good money after bad.
    Remember also, that once the user pays genie is out he wont go back and we wont be able to keep him in check.
    Every time we ask for an increase government spending for anything fisheries related it will be ......user pays.

I know this is going to upset a few people, but I have started to understand, we are being played in a classic"bait and switch" ploy.

Cheers
    rando
    Rando .... perhaps one answers the other.
    A stand alone revenue stream is easier to control ........ it's no different to why people set aside money in a jar to save for something or have a separate bank account.

I would much prefer to buy a licence and know that the vast majority of funds will go into fishing programs ......... than having some percentage of trailer rego or whatever is currently in place .
    We need to keep in mind that not every boat is trailered & not every boat is used for fishing. let's not forget about landbased fishoes & the tourists that flock to Qld to fish. ........ get a good measurable income stream & get some decent programs going

As you said - the current system has not worked ....... yet we know that the Qld freshwater SIP & NSW RFL has
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

The Government has withheld funding of a department.In the first instance because they estimated there was not enough political will amongst the stakeholders to do any political damage. There would be no discernible consequence to underfunding . When we have started to flex some political muscle,they have used the established position to force us into excepting a new tax. In fact we are doing that work for them. It is still a new tax.
    The amount of OUR money we are discussing 4.5-5 million is available to them. The States economy grew by 3.5 percent.
    Yet we are being shown that the only solution to getting the fisheries department to function as we think it should is to self impose a further impost.
    Its bait and switch , don't buy it , up the pressure and demand our taxes are directed towards a properly functioning adequately funded department of fisheries.
    Yes accepting the RFL is the quick fix.But we will win the battle & lose the war.

Hi Rando, what you say is correct in a perfect world but the reality is that it's not a perfect world and this government is practically broke and they have heaps of other more important stuff to spend the money on. a stand alone revenue stream specifically designated to be for recreational fisheries management is the only real alternative and the "recreational angling use tick box" on the boat rego is a brilliant way of easily getting the revenue stream up and running. the only iffy thing is who decides how the money is spent and what is required to manage recreational angling in Queensland.

Totally agree with you Greg - can't find an ALP supporter ANYWHERE who will tell us how good they are. And amazed too at how some people really go out of their way to betray an astounding lack in many areas, by refusing to answer questions, and resorting to name calling. Why is it that losers always play the man?

As to Mark's responses to many questions raised - we are not the only Fishos he talks to, and if anyone's taken the time to figure out how much other work he has to do, well, we are lucky he gets on here at all, and he is the only Politician to do so.

Regarding other States and what their Conservative Governments have done to Fishos; I can only say that I'm disgusted with what's happened. If it does turn out the same way here, it will be sad for us, and sadder for Mark. Does everyone remember how different Queensland is? How things are done differently here? Mark's intentions are quite definitely not congruent with the WA/VIC/(NSW? I only query that because I don't know what's happened there) experience. But Mark also has a job, and a big part of that is to be a piece of the Machine. He has a Family to support, a mortgage to pay, and he has to toe the Party line, regrettably (though no one seems to be able to come up with a better system of Government). I doubt he would fall on his sword if it turns out we get reamed, though I doubt we will, only because I think we count in Qld more than the Green Vote.

So I shall keep working with Mark, so that we can get the best deal possible. I find that's a much better idea than resorting to invective (though I admit to throwing in some big words to confuse some of the less intelligent ALP Hacks we see here). I've also written some longer paragraphs, because those same hacks have trouble putting their beer down for long enough to read (or type) two sentences in a row.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

One thing I find unusual in all political debate here is , the moment someone questions any aspect of the LNP , they are automatically deemed to be rabid card carrying members of the Labor Party .
    Timiboy , your apparent disdain you show to any member of this forum that does not share your views , is disquieting . One the one hand you denigrate certain members for stooping to name calling , and yet in your last post , you resort to the same tactics .
    Obviously this is my opinion only .
    Shawn

I just want to see the LNP (via Mark) come on here and engage us with something positive ....... not just use the forum to dump on the government or the minister. As we all know it's very easy to throw hand grenades from the sideline ! ........ What we are all interested in is , just what will the LNP do for the fishoes of Qld when they get into government ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Well i have given up on all of them, the LNP has it all over Labour everywhere for quite a while and that's not to say that very much of the minor regulation/laws passed by the labs was not good and sorely needed. But on the major issues they are an epic fail too much clinical schizophrenia driving those that drive their policies.

On fishing and to sidestep all of the incompetence till some future date I am simply going to vote Katter whenever state or federal polling allows me....my conscience can remain clear then IMO with just 1 vote and no further voice ever under our system I cannot see why I shouldn't.

No matter what the party they will just tell the rec fishers what they want to here just to get votes and the do what they want after they win, i see this fishing forum being used by the LNP for testing the waters for general feeling on what the average fisher is thinking politicaly,look what the liberals done in victoria promised there rec fishers that they would look after them then promptly increased the boating fines and boating licences for the rec fishers and i hate liers,we all forget they are there for, to serve us as public servents, not to dictate what is best for us as per there agenda, to me its like a religin inflicting there beleafs on you, most politicions these day have just risen through the ranks from there parties and have no real life experiances other than what they know in there closed circiles of political agenda with in there parties,we are just little fish in a big pond, there are a lot more people that dont fish and dont care about what goes on in the rec fishing side of things and they will vote for who ever for there reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Totally agree with you Greg - can't find an ALP supporter ANYWHERE who will tell us how good they are. And amazed too at how some people really go out of their way to betray an astounding lack in many areas, by refusing to answer questions
    Is that why Mark only answers the questions he wants to??
    There have been many important questions asked of Mark with no response, but at the same time, he can thank someone supporting him.
    If he doesn't know an answer then just say so.
    To appears to me he is very selective in what he answers

So is the LNP going to honour all their election promises??
    A simple question which was raised by myself in another thread which Mark started about Labour not honouring their election promises but your statement about people not answering questions brought my thoughts back into play.

As to Mark's responses to many questions raised - we are not the only Fishos he talks to, and if anyone's taken the time to figure out how much other work he has to do, well, we are lucky he gets on here at all, and he is the only Politician to do so.

Mark takes the initiative and time to start a thread he should find the time to deal with those threads he has started.
    A common theme exists to all Mark's threads

So I shall keep working with Mark, so that we can get the best deal possible. I find that's a much better idea than resorting to invective (though I admit to throwing in some big words to confuse some of the less intelligent ALP Hacks we see here). I've also written some longer paragraphs, because those same hacks have trouble putting their beer down for long enough to read (or type) two sentences in a row.
    I, for one, suffer from very mild learning disability commonly known as dyslexia. We may seem less intelligent then others but in fact we may have a higher then average level of intelligence.
    J.F. Kennedy and Leonardo Di Vinci are but two who also suffered from this learning disability.
    I consider both of them to be more intelligent then yourself, Mark and every other politician in Australia.
    Here are some other sufferers of dyslexia:
    Woodrow Wilson, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Franklin Roosevelt, Nelson Rockefeller, Benjamin Franklin and Winston Churchill
    . What a dumb bunch of buggers in that lot.
    I wonder why a fair number of successful US Presidents were dyslexic??

I mainly get my a's and o's mixed up all the time (I spell boat baot every time without spell checker) but I have troubles with other vowels as well. I thought I was just dumb and could not spell until I was diagnosed during my Uni days.
    Should I be offended that I seem less intelligent due to my learning disability??

It seems to me (when you consider the people mentioned above who may seem 'less intelligent' by some) Australia needs some politicians who seem to have less intelligence.
    In my opinion I should be privileged to seem less intelligent when you compare myself and other sufferers of dyslexia to the people who are considered to have a normal, or above normal level of intelligence.

Could using big words be seen as another form of over compensating??
    They say it is if a bloke has a BIG car.

I seem to remember a thread of yours about someone upsetting your wife with what they said. Something that may have been extremely harmless to most but harmful to her.
    We still do not know what was said so as we could be mindful if/when we meet your wife.

I could be quite easily offended and deeply hurt by what you have said about people of less intelligence. I got ribbed a fair bit about my inability to spell and read correctly during my school years and it caused me a fair amount of pain.
    Am I offended and deeply hurt??
    A bit late now if I am isn't it??

It seems to me you seem to have a go at people's perceived intelligence all the time.
    Cheers,

Tim
    I'm proud to be seen as a hack with less intelligent then the average politician or wannabe.
    At least I have morals.
    Not lying and doing what I have said I'd do (or as some us dumb@rses would say...'putting my money where my mouth is') just so happens to be couple of them.

If you think people here are insulting and 'passionate' now (I won't use big words) then wait until it gets closer to election time.
    Some big answers will be needed.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    On fishing and to sidestep all of the incompetence till some future date I am simply going to vote Katter whenever state or federal polling allows me....my conscience can remain clear then IMO with just 1 vote and no further voice ever under our system I cannot see why I shouldn't.
    @FNQ Cairns
    Of course your vote is up to you - can I suggest though that a vote for any minor parties or independents may return Bligh as Premier and the thus the Green destruction of fishing rights will continue. The other result might be a hung parliament mess like in Canberra. Food for thought. Only a vote for Campbell Newman will halt the erosion of fishing rights.

See. Only answer questions that suits. The questions will only get harder and if you've started something it is only common courtesy to follow it through.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    Only a vote for Campbell Newman will halt the erosion of fishing rights.
    How??
    What definitive policies has the LNP got to offer us??
    Policies that they will guarantee that they won't back out of. ie lie like Labor seem to do.

You have stated "halt the erosion of fishing rights".
    The word halt seems to indicate a simple stop
    What can the LNP give us that will be guaranteed to improve our rights as fisherpersons??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Hope you are not holding your breath for Mark to answer you Scotty, you need to be fit and well to appear at wormgate this weekend.

Happen to agree with you about Mark's inactivity on questions fired at him.

I think he is batting for the seat, not the position as head of fisheries.
    Jack.