Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by PADDLES View Post
    agreed boys, very simple solution using currently employed management systems and it also gives direct feedback on quantities of boat based recreational anglers. good solution, i'm all for it. what's the proposal for those who own 2 boats? for instance we have a family boat that isn't really a fishing boat but it's nice to drop a line off the back whilst having a quiet beer when anchored up, i also have a little tinny that is specifically for fishing, do i pay twice?.
    That's the beauty of my proposal, you don't pay anything............ the RUF ( old PPV ) increases when you tick the fishing box. All this does is re-direct funds already being gathered.

It's onyl an increase in the RUF contribution. The Govt get a handle of numbers and we get funding.

The only trouble with this idea............ IT IS TOO SIMPLE.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

hi pinhead, i was thinking that having a RFL would bond anglers together to protect their newly purchased right to a slice of the resource. similar to a weapons license and SSAA membership bonding a group of likeminded recreational shooters together to form a lobby group. again it's all hypothetical but that's what i reckon a license would do.

i can't understand the following:

commercial anglers pay for licensing to obtain their slice of a resource which they fight rigorously to defend, they also have a body to assist them with representation to government. the government recognises them as a legitimate activity/business.

by what captain incredible has to say, the charter operators do a similar thing to commercial operators in that they pay for licensing to obtain a slice of the resource, they also get together and have a representative group to defend their right to the resource. the government also recognises them as a legitimate activity/business.

now we come to by far the largest group of people that could also potentially form the largest lobby group, the recreational anglers. other than a levy on our boat rego, we don't pay for any licensing or directly contribute to any research. as a result the government doesn't really care about monitoring our catch or allocating a slice of any resource to us and generally treats recreational angling as a non-legitimate passtime. because of the lack of real data and science it's easier/cheaper for government to shut us out of areas or impose ridiculous rules/limits instead of properly researching the resource. we now get angry with the only group that realistically represents us to government and treat them with contempt.

i do now believe that phil and gazza are on the money though with an additional fee payable on boat regos for recreational anglers, zero bag limit and no fishing gear on board for anyone who doesn't tick the box and contribute seems way cheaper to manage than a RFL. i guess the only real question would be where the money goes and how it is managed/spent.

We should feel so lucky:

Interesting that the Liberal Victorian Govt are hitting up the boaties ( i.e. licenses to go from $54 to $538 and if you want to ski or tow then cough up another $538 on top) and a draft of the new safety regulations imposes fines ranging from $122, for failing to "ensure fishing lines are retrieved when a boat approaches or leave or fail to store fishing equipment as a starter ?

hope the LNP here don't get any ideas? and i always thought the Liberals across the board be it State or Federal are the party of less regulation? and to think the Victorian Libs made an election commitment to be a leader in recreational boating, well they certainly are... in how to slug them, ya just got to love political parties of any persuasion

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/art...test-news.html
    Tangles KFC

Thumbs down VIC Lib-World

Is this the LNP(future) or just present Victorian Lib-World ?? ...... any comments Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs down NSW-Lib-World

Salmon aren't a big deal in Qld......BUT !!

Welcome to NSW (with a RFL to boot Paddles !!)

http://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/...tting-disgrace

LNP...Vic?
    LNP...NSW?
    LNP...soon 2 B in QUEENSLAND ??????

Mark , Mark , where art thou Mark

Ahh, so that's where my cynicism and scepticism comes from.

Highlight a user group, then conjure up some figures to justify making 'em pay thru the nose any and every way you can.

There's an adjacent article about catch sharing and quotas down that way.
    Bound to be a few bucks in that for someone too.

Bah Humbug

Gurn

bloody hell gazza, it goes from one extreme (radical environmentalism backed by the ALP) to the other (the commercial guys can have a free for all without caring about the impact backed by the LNP) in nsw by the sounds of it, you're right, it's sad to see.

Re: NSW-Lib-World

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Salmon aren't a big deal in Qld......BUT !!

Welcome to NSW (with a RFL to boot Paddles !!)

http://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/...tting-disgrace

LNP...Vic?
    LNP...NSW?
    LNP...soon 2 B in QUEENSLAND ??????

Mark , Mark , where art thou Mark
    Why does this not surprise me .......... the new fishing munster is going out of her way to tear down things that have worked - Firstly the Fisheries research center (Cronulla) & now ....... Salmon for cat food!
    It took a hell of a lot of years for the Salmon stocks to return & now this is what we face ............. what nexthe reintroduction of floating fish traps to help reduce kingfish stocks ??????

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I live in an area in NSW where over the last decade salmon have been in epidemic proportions over late winter/spring. I'd be happy to see the pros net them around here, provided the real target wasn't mulloway... Personally I'd far far far prefer to see salmon netted than mullet.
    I reckon there would be quite a few folk happy to see salmon numbers returned to where they were a decade ago; during the last decade whiting have all but disappeared from this area and the (unsubstantiated) feeling amongst the locals is that the salmon may well be to blame.
    Cheers.

Question Re: LNP Fishing policy

Anna "may probably" not get back in.....but DO trust the "LNP-Gods DO save the Recfishos of QLD from the LNP PIRATES of Vic/NSW" !!
    p.s. won't hold me breath
    Mark , Mark , Mark , Mark , the RecFishos M8 ................. YEAH or neah

Thumbs down RFL

Quote Originally Posted by nigelr View Post
    I live in an area in NSW where over the last decade salmon have been in epidemic proportions over late winter/spring. I'd be happy to see the pros net them around here, provided the real target wasn't mulloway... Personally I'd far far far prefer to see salmon netted than mullet.
    I reckon there would be quite a few folk happy to see salmon numbers returned to where they were a decade ago; during the last decade whiting have all but disappeared from this area and the (unsubstantiated) feeling amongst the locals is that the salmon may well be to blame.
    Cheers.
    M8 , I DO respect your pov to disagree with ACORF
    the Minister has rejected calls by ACORF, the group which is supposed to advise her on rec fishing matters, to not allow the netters to again pillage salmon stocks
    But the end-result for your RFL is still ....imo

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    You're right. But the amount of taxation generated from people living in say Woodridge is probably not commensurate to what they spend on Social Security, Health and so on, either. The argument doesn't stack up. Shit happens, sadly.
    And the argument might also apply say in Clayfield. Does the amount of overall taxation levied on people who live there equate to the amount spent on the same people by Government? Do Surgeons (who pay a lot of income tax) get the benefit of the taxes they pay? For people to argue that how much Fishers pay should equal the amount spent on them is overtly naive, sadly.

Let's see how many dislikes I can collect for trying to bang people over the head with THE TRUTH, eh Gazza?

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Lightbulb Timi badboy lol

The TRuth , "U can't handle the truth Son" !!
    p.s. Private School kids are subsidized 30% by the great "unwashed" .....WHY??

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    For people to argue that how much Fishers pay should equal the amount spent on them is overtly naive, sadly.

Tim
    At least that is not what I proposed. A miniscule amount is all I want.

Rec Fishers in Qld directly ( attributal expenditure ) contribute well over 1 billion to the economy and indirectly ( much more ).

All I want is around 5 mill or.................... .5%

That will get me Arti's reefs, improved infrastructure, research, extra policing, stocking improvements and much more.

Hey Santa, ............... " all I want for Xmas is a measely 5mill / year....... "

Just thought......... that 5 mill could be made from interest alone on the billion from us..... we definately don't have to pay and the Govt don't have to pay.... is that a win ?

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thumbs down Re: LNP Fishing policy

TimiBadBoy-Speak , pay MORE , get LESS....shame,shame,shame

(R U the voice of the LNP??)