Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    I believe stocking snapper would constitute this??
    you lost me with that comment

My view is that the current management paradigm has as its inevitable expression, reduced access to an increasingly rare resource.
    My suggestion is that we change that paradigm and i have given an example of how to do it.
    I have held this view for a long time and will not be changing it.
    There are always people who say it can't be done .
    In my experience many people resist change,,, because its change!!!!

My vision is that one day even a mug fisherman can go down to his local patch of beach or river with his kids and know that they can take home a feed.

See I have memory of Bribie in the late 1950s when if you went fishing you got fish.
    Or Coolangatta in the early 60s seeing 200 blokes side by side catching tailor.
    In my own lifetime that has disappeared.
    Here is away to get it back

Interesting view on whether Policy should be released early (in spite of the Hounds who are yammering that "because it's not out it doesn't exist!")

"(Abbott) should continue not to release policy details until the election campaign. The Hewson experience shows that a detailed policy statement given in advance may well create an initial bounce. But its gradual dissection by a hostile government and the analysis of a left of centre commentariat will only lead to it being a burden. And some parts of that policy could be stolen by the government. The opposition no doubt recalls what happened in the 2007 election when John Howard’s tax cuts were shamelessly copied by Kevin Rudd."

From Quadrant Magazine online.

Theologians vs. Abbott

by David Flint
    November 25, 2011

As I've argued before, we will be told at a time of the LNP's choosing what the Policy is, not our own. If you don't like that, you will have an opportunity on Election day to say so, but I suspect (given the amount of travel and discussion Mark has been having) that a detailed and inclusive policy will be forthcoming in due course. For those who demand Mark's attention right here right now, well I guess you need to get used to the idea that he's rather busy speaking to the majority of Recs who don't come here, to the Pros and the Charter guys - from one end of the State to the other - as well as being involved on the main roads side of things, which I suspect is a tad more important than the whingers this place is populated with.

From my experience the guy works harder than most people I've ever seen, and I'm glad I never ran for Office, because I would not have been able to keep up.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Central Coast NSW there are enormous nurseries in the lakes where the power stations feed warmer water into the lakes and this with mud equals very large ribbon weed beds which are ideal for small fish and prawns. The lakes are famous for their Summertime prawning with tourists. Great that these weed beds in the lakes can not be destroyed as they are not easily accessible to a trawler.

Moreton bay used to have long chains of dugongs feeding on the extensive weed beds - not any more - the weed is largely gone. Boat traffic, trawlers and run-off silting up the weed beds.

Central Coast NSW has a lot of prawn trawlers dragging the area in the bay and river mouth and killing enormous amounts of juvenile fish that were quite happy where they were till they were drowned by a prawn net - the net destroys the habitat and kills many tons of juvenile fish.

If you want habitat and juvenile fish a good start is to buy the trawler licenses to get them from these areas or ban them from dragging the breeding zones. And yes breeding zones are great prawning locations.

There is merit in having a no anchor policy in green zones when fishing them to maintain sea bed habitat - but the damage to sea bed from a trawler . . .
    Cheers

Trev

Square hooks need to be banned, particularly in areas where juvenile habitat exists. Mark.....please take this message on board.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Interesting view on whether Policy should be released early (in spite of the Hounds who are yammering that "because it's not out it doesn't exist!")

"(Abbott) should continue not to release policy details until the election campaign. The Hewson experience shows that a detailed policy statement given in advance may well create an initial bounce. But its gradual dissection by a hostile government and the analysis of a left of centre commentariat will only lead to it being a burden. And some parts of that policy could be stolen by the government. The opposition no doubt recalls what happened in the 2007 election when John Howard’s tax cuts were shamelessly copied by Kevin Rudd."

From Quadrant Magazine online.

Theologians vs. Abbott

by David Flint
    November 25, 2011

As I've argued before, we will be told at a time of the LNP's choosing what the Policy is, not our own. If you don't like that, you will have an opportunity on Election day to say so, but I suspect (given the amount of travel and discussion Mark has been having) that a detailed and inclusive policy will be forthcoming in due course. For those who demand Mark's attention right here right now, well I guess you need to get used to the idea that he's rather busy speaking to the majority of Recs who don't come here, to the Pros and the Charter guys - from one end of the State to the other - as well as being involved on the main roads side of things, which I suspect is a tad more important than the whingers this place is populated with.

From my experience the guy works harder than most people I've ever seen, and I'm glad I never ran for Office, because I would not have been able to keep up.

Cheers,

Tim
    Personally Tim..I don't care if Mark posts here or not. That is his prerogative. I have no control over whether he gets re-elected or not..that is for his constituents to decide.
    As for my electorate I doubt i will be voting LNP...the candidate's background is not to my likings for someone to represent me.
    As for the whingers..we all have a whinge at times..that is what forums are all about. Global warming springs to mind in your case.
    The way the LNP is self destructing, they could easily lose the un-losable election.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Personally Tim..I don't care if Mark posts here or not. That is his prerogative. I have no control over whether he gets re-elected or not..that is for his constituents to decide.
    As for my electorate I doubt i will be voting LNP...the candidate's background is not to my likings for someone to represent me.
    As for the whingers..we all have a whinge at times..that is what forums are all about. Global warming springs to mind in your case.
    The way the LNP is self destructing, they could easily lose the un-losable election.
    You don't see a difference between State Politics and the Global Warming scam? Ok, that's fine Greg, your lack of perception, not mine. Given my desire to move to Bribie, we'd better hope we don't end up neighbours... Or maybe we should?

Cheers,

Tim

Tim, perhaps you could give us whinges a few Dorothy Dixers Mark would prefer to answer then.
    Mark told me when/if the LNP get in Gov they will allow rec anglers to fish in Green Zones with 1 line, now we hear the LNP leaked to the Courier Mail they have consided allowing 1 line per angler in Green Zones and have deffered their decision to a later date. I like to know how we got from "good as gold" to deffering the decision.
    And who's demanded Mark's attention "right here right now" anyway? No one I can see.

BTW.....
    2009 from the LNP
    In the interim, limited fishing by recreational fishers would be authorised within zones on the following basis:
    a. Allow recreational fishing only with one line in ALL green zones.
    b. No change to the proposed two lines in ALL yellow zones.

& 2011
    CLEVELAND MP Mark Robinson has lashed out at claims the LNP planned to overturn fishing bans in marine green zones if elected. “The LNP has not decided on its fisheries policy yet, nothing has even gone to Shadow Cabinet. “What was inadvertently sent to The Courier-Mail was information about a range of options which are in the early stages of consideration.

After you called this "moving in the right direction" Tim, do you think you should be commenting on anyone's lack of perception.

[QUOTE=Mike Delisser;1330801]Tim, perhaps you could give us whinges a few Dorothy Dixers Mark would prefer to answer then.
    Mark told me when/if the LNP get in Gov they will allow rec anglers to fish in Green Zones with 1 line, now we hear the LNP leaked to the Courier Mail they have consided allowing 1 line per angler in Green Zones and have deffered their decision to a later date. I like to know how we got from "good as gold" to deffering the decision.
    And who's demanded Mark's attention "right here right now" anyway? No one I can see.

BTW.....
    2009 from the LNP
    In the interim, limited fishing by recreational fishers would be authorised within zones on the following basis:
    a. Allow recreational fishing only with one line in ALL green zones.
    b. No change to the proposed two lines in ALL yellow zones.

& 2011
    CLEVELAND MP Mark Robinson has lashed out at claims the LNP planned to overturn fishing bans in marine green zones if elected. “The LNP has not decided on its fisheries policy yet, nothing has even gone to Shadow Cabinet. [COLOR=blue]“What was inadvertently sent to The Courier-Mail was information about a range of options which are in the early stages of consideration.[/COLOR

Mike, happy to answer your question. We will release policies once they are complete and when the election is called. Since Campbell Newman has become leader we have reviewed/are reviewing all past policies. The Courier mail story was a deliberate and mischievous misrepresentation of the info they received - and only included comment from extreme Green groups and the govt. Only an LNP govt will restore the balance back to rec fishing and create a sustainable fishing future.
    Mark

Originally Posted by Camhawk88

Reading the entire post you seem to be saying that Rando's suggestion of stocking snapper is not financially viable (which I agree with btw) and you would rather see the money go towards fish stocking.
    Last edited by Camhawk88; 28-11-2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: forgot quote

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    Originally Posted by Camhawk88

Reading the entire post you seem to be saying that Rando's suggestion of stocking snapper is not financially viable (which I agree with btw) and you would rather see the money go towards fish stocking.

Nope..I said "I can see what you are saying rando..but to achive this there would obviously be a considerbale cost. I am as passionate about fishing as the next person but would I prefer funds going to fish restocking or health or education or law and order amongst many others..afraid the the former comes behind the other more important issues. I would not be in favour of a rfl whilst the PPV is in place. "

I think you may have have missed the word "would" in that post.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    You don't see a difference between State Politics and the Global Warming scam? Ok, that's fine Greg, your lack of perception, not mine. Given my desire to move to Bribie, we'd better hope we don't end up neighbours... Or maybe we should?

Cheers,

Tim
    of course they are separate..but I guess whinging about global warming is different to whinging about the LNP ? Fair enough.

When are you moving to Bribie Timi??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

of course they are separate..but I guess whinging about global warming is different to whinging about the LNP ? Fair enough.
    I see arguing about local politics as just that, though for me the personal Freedom side is important and Labor have far less interest in mine than I see as healthy. AGW however is a much larger issue Globally. The damage the scam is doing to the freedom and quality of life of billions and to the economies of the World makes local politics look like a storm in a teacup.

And Scott I'm thinking of building a place up there in about 18-24 months. Depends on a few things, but there is good fishing just North, and I really like the fish and chips there along with the proximity of nice beaches.

Cheers,

Tim

Nope..I said "I can see what you are saying rando..but to achive this there would obviously be a considerbale cost. I am as passionate about fishing as the next person but would I prefer funds going to fish restocking or health or education or law and order amongst many others..afraid the the former comes behind the other more important issues. I would not be in favour of a rfl whilst the PPV is in place. "

I think you may have have missed the word "would" in that post.
    Ahh yes so I did- more to the point got the would and I around the wrong way. A question mark at the end would have prompted me Id say. Funny the difference punctuation can make in how something is read hey?