Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by frogfuzz View Post
    "How do you think Gillard will do in Queensland next year?"

If the Conservatives just keep their feet out of their mouth they will romp it home. QLD is lost to the ALP for now. Some commentators are saying if the same happens in QLD federally as did last night, on QLD results alone they'd lose a Federal election. Big difference would be though, as many journo's write off "the mad Katter", given preferences would play a bigger role in a Federal Election, and the fact that KAP was polling anywhere between 10-40% in many regional seats - the Greens can kiss their desire of being "the third force in Politics" - at least in QLD, goodbye. I would so love to see KAP replace the Greens as the "third force". If they did, it might even pull the ALP back towards reality. KAP probably already has had an effect on both major parties when you look at the voting patters - swings away from the ALP, some went to the LNP, but a fair slice also went to the KAP. Not something too many journo's are highlighting today is just how high KAP vote was, due to the lack of preferences though - it is somewhat hidden.

Excuse my ignorance - but where does State waters start and Federal Waters begin?
    sorry FF..but i cannot remember the distance or whatever it is that determines state and federal jurisdiction in waterways. Bligh was considering adjoining state waters to federal waters in respect to green zones.
    BUT..remember the GBRMP was initiated by the Howard Govt based on being signatory to some international treaty regarding marine conservation zones.

CN must tread carefully or in that time he may alienate some people to give their vote for the ALP in the federal sphere.

Thumbs up Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    Well that's it they've had at least 20 hrs to release the Fishing policy, why won't they release it Why Why please why ???????????????????????????
    Be patient , Easter and Xmas isn't that far away

stap away from the razor blades gazza...it is not that bad for you ALP supporters to slash your wrists at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    what Tim..CN has costed everything..he assured of us that. Doubts already that change is not going to happen?
    That's always been the kicker, hasn't it? And I know that it has been made clear (at least to those who have ears) that the state of the coffers needs to be assessed. If Labor have kept some data back and the real debt is far higher, what do you expect? If the real number is 80 BILLION, I would expect promises to be kept, because that was the number upon which all other assumptions were based. Surely that is reasonable? Surel;y if the real number is say 120 BILLION, the will need to be further cuts? Isn't that "responsible Government," something we all crave?

I wouldn't have a clue what they will do if it's 120 or 150. But I would expect them to do some pretty drastic stuff.
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Tim..the debt is actually irrelevant to what they expect to spend. They have costed their policies bsed on the proposed income..the repayment of the debt will be matched by other sources of income. eg CSG royalties etc. The LNP is aware of the debt..they get presented all these figures n the chamber..all I hope is that the Sate advances..but..to be honest..at my age..I don't really care..moving house and going to live a hopefullly stress free lifestyle. Good luck to CN and his crew.
    As I have said previously I grew up listening to political speak...I really don't need any more.

Thumbs up Re: LNP Fishing policy

Hey Timi , no need to squirm for excuses YET

IF you had listened to Can Do , he pointed out it was only $62B at the time Anna handed him the "keys"

Mr Newman said he knew how much debt the state was in and it was staggering that Ms Bligh did not.
    "It's $62 billion, on their figures, by the middle of the year and it will be $85 billion two years after that," he told reporters in Townsville.
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226292398776

but hey , squeal like a pig if you wish

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    ........ going to live a hopefullly stress free lifestyle.

Retirement!!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

I understood an economist said it was tracked to hit 92 bill by July this year, also an incoming Govt cant stop that immediate trend, all they can do is take steps to slow it down and turn it around.
    Tangles KFC

They could always put in another "Go between" Toll Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by charleville View Post
    Retirement!!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
    that will never happen..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MudRiverDan View Post
    They could always put in another "Go between" Toll Bridge.
    WooHoo..... Gay yellow bikes for all of Queensland!........... lets ride them through the new tunnel. Whats the toll for a bike through the tunnel?

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Sky News exit polls show voters were most concerned about the Cost of Living (69 per cent),followed by Delivery of State Services (63 per cent), Carbon Tax (44 per cent)
    Were you aware that 175% of voters were most concerned with those 3 issues

[QUOTE=PinHead;1366055]CN can give them party sdtatus if he wants to..wonder if he will.
    QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Now that's some good meat still on the bone!, my wife told me this (10 members needed) last night, no-one on TV mentioned it. The KAP may well want the leadership after all what better way to show up the system for what it is and no skin of their nose I suspect if we go back for another election??? we gotta have an opposition don't we lol.....there has not been one for years already but that doesn't matter it's all about satisfying ink on paper.
    Greg is right, the Premier can grant party status to Labor even if they have less than 10 sitting members, Wayne Goss did for the 8 Liberals after the 1989 election as did Beattie in 2001. It means some extra staff (at tax payers expense) and more offices to work from. And Campbell will certainly be granting party status it to the ALP, no risk.

Its will be interesting to see when and what CN does with the greens zones and how long it takes for this to happen and how fast the developers take to start knocking on CN door,CN to me reminds me of the old Russ Hinzs,lord help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Were you aware that 175% of voters were most concerned with those 3 issues
    Whats the saying? "your not a true ALP voter if you only vote once" or something along those lines