Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Timmi - As the Fed's can also declare marine parks in areas - how do you think Can Do will counter this? I had a quick read of Phil's post re Senator Boswell yesterday on another thread.

I guess I'm asking all and sundry here, can the Fed's ride roughshot over the State? It's bound to happen as the Fed's will do it in order to show that Can-Do "is weak" with the environment. Well, it's what I'd do if I was the ALP. Ashgrove has pleanty of Leftards - as does Brisbane now; the country wants the fishing bans relaxed, the Leftards don't. Can-Do will be stuck in the middle no?

Quote Originally Posted by frogfuzz View Post
    Timmi - As the Fed's can also declare marine parks in areas - how do you think Can Do will counter this? I had a quick read of Phil's post re Senator Boswell yesterday on another thread.

I guess I'm asking all and sundry here, can the Fed's ride roughshot over the State? It's bound to happen as the Fed's will do it in order to show that Can-Do "is weak" with the environment. Well, it's what I'd do if I was the ALP. Ashgrove has pleanty of Leftards - as does Brisbane now; the country wants the fishing bans relaxed, the Leftards don't. Can-Do will be stuck in the middle no?
    the Feds have control over federal waters adjoining State controlled wtaerways eg the coral sea suggested marine park green zones.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    At 7 seats, it looks like the ALP will have to form a Coalition with KAP and one Independent in order to form an opposition (minimum 10 I believe). Who will be Opposition Leader? It won't be someone from KAP, will it? So will the KAP end up reporting to Anna Bligh? Or who will be Opposition Leader? Delicious.

Mark has won his seat. He has 62% of the primary vote, after 68% of the count. 68% after preferences. It's a very safe bet he will be Fisheries Minister. As much as we don't like it, Fishos will I suspect be a little down the list interms of Legislative priority, so the major changes we are after will take some weeks or a few months. They will happen though. I hope the LNP's first priority is to stop the waste and fix Finances and Business. I cannot wait for Bligh's Tip Tax to bite the bullet, that's been a killer.
    CN can give them party sdtatus if he wants to..wonder if he will.

After having been in the Parliamentary chamber hundreds of times it would look stupid with only 6 or 7 on the opposition benches..but even sillier will look the couple of KAP and independents on the cross benches...BUT..there is an upside for those non LNP members..no need to rush to the chamber whenever the division bells ring as their vote won't matter.

At 7 seats, it looks like the ALP will have to form a Coalition with KAP and one Independent in order to form an opposition (minimum 10 I believe). Who will be Opposition Leader? It won't be someone from KAP, will it? So will the KAP end up reporting to Anna Bligh? Or who will be Opposition Leader? Delicious.

Mark has won his seat. He has 62% of the primary vote, after 68% of the count. 68% after preferences. It's a very safe bet he will be Fisheries Minister. As much as we don't like it, Fishos will I suspect be a little down the list interms of Legislative priority, so the major changes we are after will take some weeks or a few months. They will happen though. I hope the LNP's first priority is to stop the waste and fix Finances and Business. I cannot wait for Bligh's Tip Tax to bite the bullet, that's been a killer.
    Now that's some good meat still on the bone!, my wife told me this (10 members needed) last night, no-one on TV mentioned it. The KAP may well want the leadership after all what better way to show up the system for what it is and no skin of their nose I suspect if we go back for another election??? we gotta have an opposition don't we lol.....there has not been one for years already but that doesn't matter it's all about satisfying ink on paper.

IMO we don't need an opposition for the next 3 years....smarting still at the incompetence of the system, 2 party lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Now that's some good meat still on the bone!, my wife told me this (10 members needed) last night, no-one on TV mentioned it. The KAP may well want the leadership after all what better way to show up the system for what it is and no skin of their nose I suspect if we go back for another election??? we gotta have an opposition don't we lol.....there has not been one for years already but that doesn't matter it's all about satisfying ink on paper.

IMO we don't need an opposition for the next 3 years....smarting still at the incompetence of the system, 2 party lol.
    The LNP have just been handed a huge mandate to do as they see fit, the opposition is basically irrelevant.

It will be interesting to see how they do treat fisho's, especially seeing as there is no recreational fishing policy on display as yet?

Quote Originally Posted by frogfuzz View Post

Pinhead's correct - The Feds can only do Federal Waters. What I would like to see, if the Feds DO go with such a blatant plan, is a refusal to use State Assets for the Policing of such arseholedness. That is one definitive step the State could take. "You want the Park, YOU Police it!"

It's interesting that you point out the Leftard contingent in Ashgrove. Given that the race looked so tight there, I wonder if that was why there were less Angling announcements, just to get Campbell over the line? If so, wisely done, a Master stroke. Just saying is all...

Currently I am fearful. The State has no money. Debt is outrageous. But what is the real level of debt? I'll bet it's way over the $80 Billion Publicly admitted. That's already too much for 4 million people to pay back. What if it's 120? 150? There is nothing left to sell but our resources. We have to get back in the black. We are spending $100 Million a week in INTEREST payments right now. That's a lot of Schools, Hospitals, Ambulances, Policemen, roads, bridges, rail links and so on that will never exist.

Yep, Anna transformed the State alright...

An edit:

Sky News exit polls show voters were most concerned about the Cost of Living (69 per cent), followed by Delivery of State Services (63 per cent), Carbon Tax (44 per cent)
    How do you think Gillard will do in Queensland next year?
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

I suppose its safe for CanDo to release his Fishing Policy now that he doesn't have to run scared from Green leaning Ashgrove constituents. Hopefully we get to see something next week in terms of policy direction. MR would be the best option for Fisheries Minister as he is across the issues to start with
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Currently I am fearful. The State has no money. Debt is outrageous. But what is the real level of debt? I'll bet it's way over the $80 Billion Publicly admitted. That's already too much for 4 million people to pay back. What if it's 120? 150? There is nothing left to sell but our resources. We have to get back in the black. We are spending $100 Million a week in INTEREST payments right now. That's a lot of Schools, Hospitals, Ambulances, Policemen, roads, bridges, rail links and so on that will never exist.

How do you think Gillard will do in Queensland next year?
    This is the problem, with the State finances in such a mess, and all the new policy and promises to be funded, where is the money coming from?

As a business owner, the LNP will be great for me. But for all the workers out there, I bet they wont be voting LNP at the next election!

Oh, Wayne Swan and Kruddy will be Sh..ing bricks at the moment!

what Tim..CN has costed everything..he assured of us that. Doubts already that change is not going to happen?

Well that's it they've had at least 20 hrs to release the Fishing policy, why won't they release it Why Why please why ???????????????????????????

Give them time....heaps to do before a policy just to suit our 5 year old now now now expectation.

More important things for them to deal with first, wild rivers, access to cape york for all responsible use, green zone zealot ideology calming, giving national parks back to responsible use, deleting the bligh government funding of environmental zealot organisations...so much more.

With the absolutely unbelievable number of changes needed to bring a little amenity back to queenslanders quality of life and future....we can wait for our treats IMO

Besides rush this and we all loose....anglers historically have been their own worst enemy in politics, so many traitors in the matrix....they still exist but without the same ideological power base now....let them properly out themselves.....will all be for the better....I am happy to wait but personally and for what it is worth being one vote no value....will take no prisoners if this government turns zealot like the last....no amount of bobble heading will fool us, they last government didn't....Mark don't even think to try or the Katter will become the LNP 'like' party of choice for all those slighted into the next 6 year future.

"How do you think Gillard will do in Queensland next year?"

If the Conservatives just keep their feet out of their mouth they will romp it home. QLD is lost to the ALP for now. Some commentators are saying if the same happens in QLD federally as did last night, on QLD results alone they'd lose a Federal election. Big difference would be though, as many journo's write off "the mad Katter", given preferences would play a bigger role in a Federal Election, and the fact that KAP was polling anywhere between 10-40% in many regional seats - the Greens can kiss their desire of being "the third force in Politics" - at least in QLD, goodbye. I would so love to see KAP replace the Greens as the "third force". If they did, it might even pull the ALP back towards reality. KAP probably already has had an effect on both major parties when you look at the voting patters - swings away from the ALP, some went to the LNP, but a fair slice also went to the KAP. Not something too many journo's are highlighting today is just how high KAP vote was, due to the lack of preferences though - it is somewhat hidden.

Excuse my ignorance - but where does State waters start and Federal Waters begin?

Ok the Job is well done by the LNP and it had to happen and good ridance. Dirty politics irks me.
    ATM after the results I couldnt contain myself from laughing and almost got kick out of the hotel. But reality is going to set in over the next few days. Plenty of people will be shitting their pants, Labor Qld people, labor and Gillard in Canberra, lefties in public services.
    Sadly you will find prominant judges and magistrates who have postpone their retirement will take them now as they dont trust that Anna and her team would install someone who is impartial to politics. So they will be sorely missed, but its time to rejuvenate the entire state, listen to the people and do what is asked from them and not tell them what is good for them. Reinstate a fairer and affordable cost of living.
    Did someone mention the greens? I'm pretty sure I heard them decomposing.
    The smart politicians can see that labor voter went KAP and LNP if u add the KAP and ALP votes u will see thats pretty close to what ALP primary was 3 years ago in certain seat. The smart LNP members "MR" should take this on board and capitalise on it before Mad Katter get his act together and create a cancer in the ranks
    Im counting down to Fed.election now.
    The crazy thing about this whole election was C.P. call ALP to retain 5 seats. he wasnt far of the mark.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Quote Originally Posted by hungry6 View Post
    Sadly you will find prominant judges and magistrates who have postpone their retirement will take them now as they dont trust that Anna and her team would install someone who is impartial to politics.
    Very interesting comment...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    Well that's it they've had at least 20 hrs to release the Fishing policy, why won't they release it Why Why please why ???????????????????????????
    come on Damo..give them time for the hangover to wear off.