Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by frogfuzz View Post
    Yes - I thought you'd have a go at me for that pinhead.

I'm sure you have heard from the two sides of the debate - after all - it's been all over the news for years now Pinhead and that grub Andrew Fraser tried to use it to try and split the LNP on the issue in this election (it had nothing to do with "equal" rights). So no point in debating it here. But incase you haven't been watching the media here is a classic example of how it works:

EG: John Howard on one side of the debate before and after an election "Marraige is between a man and a woman". He honours his word to the voters on it.

Other side:

Gillard before an election: "Theeereeee will beeeee noooooo change to the marraige act shooooould I win office"

After the election: "It's aaaaaa conscious vote on gaaaaaay maaaaaarraige - nothing IIIIII can do to stop it. If only that bigot - hate monger Pope loving Catholic Tony Abbott woooooould support it. It's all his fault".

Have to have standards Pinhead especially where kids are involved. I'll stick with what "mother nature" / god (take your pick) has determined.
    wow..touchy..all I did was ask a question

Bob is a pope loving catholic also if that is meant to mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    a grouping
    Isn't that the distance between the 2 furthest apart hits.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Greens vote fell from 8.37% in 2009 to 7.37% this time. 12% drop in vote percentage. What a pity. Somehow Bob Brown will find a way to cast that as a success. ALP went from 42.25% to 26.87%, a 36% drop in support. Ah, all those salty Weeties tomorrow...

So did Mark win his seat? on balance of probability he must have.

Did he do it well??

So did Mark win his seat? on balance of probability he must have.

Did he do it well??
    Last I saw he was a very long way ahead. He's definitely won it.

> 60 %, that would be a yes.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Greens vote fell from 8.37% in 2009 to 7.37% this time. 12% drop in vote percentage. What a pity. Somehow Bob Brown will find a way to cast that as a success. ALP went from 42.25% to 26.87%, a 36% drop in support. Ah, all those salty Weeties tomorrow...
    Save the tears ...... There will be plenty of time for crying over the next few years .
    How long will it take for the excuses to start ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

next question is: will MR be the fisheries minister? looks like main roads will be taken from him.

We used to say "when the clutch drops, the bull$!t stops"

Well Mr Mark and LNP....... You have 3 years to show us what you CanDo!

Excellent result. Now the shut up, time to put up, starts. I wonder how long before something positive for fishos happens.

Chaz

Green vote down, that's gotta be good for fishos.
    Hopefully the start of their decline as an influence in Australian politics at all levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    At least in Qld, we have minds...

Was that meant to be "minds" or "mines"?

There will be more mines now because with all the promised cost cutting by the new LNP government, all of you tradies will be struggling to get any government work and that means that there will be more pressure on the overall industry and the end result will be a greater workforce willing to travel out into the mulga to get any work at all...

...especially in the first year when what will probably happen is that a stack of projects will be put on hold whilst the new government reviews everything. After all, Campbell Newman has already announced his rejection of the cross river rail project, including the injection of $3.5B of Fed govt funds because he says that it is gold plated and that we don't need such grandiose construction as what he says that the Albert Street station was to be.

'Twill be good for us retirees, of course, 'cos our rego and other costs of living have been promised to not rise by much - but not good for you tradies, project managers, engineers, painters, consultants, etc. Feelin' real sorry for all of youse.

It will not be much good for you drunks, speedsters, fare evaders, etc 'cos your fines are about to rise savagely under a Newman promise. Y'all better check that your flares are up to date on your boats 'cos it is about to cost you a mint if they ain't. Better check that none of those odd stickers that you are required to have here and there on your boat are in good shape, also. The fisheries guys and the police are about to become supreme revenue raisers. It won't be about educating boaties about oversights, it will be about fining them.

Then of course, Queensland's birthrate will decrease because so many of you tradies will be spending a lot of time away from home working at the mines and living in dongas for 14 days at a time. So that means that the first of the 21'st century's baby booms is over which means lower growth rates for the economy in the longer term and less taxpayers to support you 40 year olds who hope to retire in 25 years time. So the retirement pension age will have to increase. It will be a bit hard on people like carpet layers with bung knees to be kicking in carpet at 75 years of age, I suppose. Overall though, in the short term, it will be OK because with the more "open" society that we are in, a lot of you guys will find love in the mining camps from - er - ahh - other camps.

Yes - there will definitely more people wanting to work in the mines, especially starving tradies with kids. 'Tis no wonder that Clive Palmer was beside himself on TV last night. He is gonna be able to open even more mines now that he is about to get so many Brissy tradies to do the fly-in-fly-out gig.

...which leaves an awful lot of lonely, isolated, strung out, frustrated women in the cities for us good-looking, suave, erudite chaps to - well - you know - um - chat with.

Heheheh! This is fun!

haha Bruce..you are incorrect in one aspect..there will be plenty of work for tradies..all those electoral offices will need a refurb for the new incumbents and they will spend on them like drunked sailors.

CSG royalties here we come..you bewdy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At 7 seats, it looks like the ALP will have to form a Coalition with KAP and one Independent in order to form an opposition (minimum 10 I believe). Who will be Opposition Leader? It won't be someone from KAP, will it? So will the KAP end up reporting to Anna Bligh? Or who will be Opposition Leader? Delicious.

Mark has won his seat. He has 62% of the primary vote, after 68% of the count. 68% after preferences. It's a very safe bet he will be Fisheries Minister. As much as we don't like it, Fishos will I suspect be a little down the list interms of Legislative priority, so the major changes we are after will take some weeks or a few months. They will happen though. I hope the LNP's first priority is to stop the waste and fix Finances and Business. I cannot wait for Bligh's Tip Tax to bite the bullet, that's been a killer.