Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Frogfuzz
    You make a very valid point in terms of recommending that people use their (variable) intelligence and assiduously allocate preferences. In a related vein, I suspect that people don't walk into a tackle shop and say "I'll have a box of Mustad 7/0 Big Guns and whatever else you thinks is a good idea". Nope - they pick the 7/0's first and then whatever else they require in accord with what they see as a priority within their purcahsing capacity; What terrifies me is that in the past, a considerable number of people I have overhead while standing in a voting queue, don't even know which tier of government they're voting for. Likewise they do not understand that only people living in Ashgrove or South Brisbane can vote for the LNP or ALP leaders.

Put it this way Phill, if the LNP come out with something after the election you don't like wether it be in regards to rec fishing or any other area that comes under there responsibility as a state govt you have no right to complain that it should have been taken to the electrate.

Give them a free pass on one, give them a free pass on all.

All the best for today and Can Do's first term. Hope its a good one for all you long suffering QLD'ers.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    No wonder you lot got stuck with such an absent minded ALP for so long, you accept low standards from your MP's LOL !!!!!!!!!!
    haha..and look what NSW gave us..Bob Carr..one week in the job as foreign affairs minister and he makes a complete fool of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I really hope the thanks come raining in as hard as the sticks and stones have done, over the course of this thread, but you know.... some people will never, EVER , be satisfied ..

Whatever path you take after Saturday, feel safe knowing that things WILL change and change for the better, in relation to recreational fishing in Queensland.

Do I have inside information.... ?.............. Absolutely

Am I going to share........?....................... No way, that is for the person responsible for putting in the hard yards and driving the rec fishos message.

Stay tuned............................

LP
    Same. Looking forward to some people going on a hat diet.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    haha..and look what NSW gave us..Bob Carr..one week in the job as foreign affairs minister and he makes a complete fool of himself.
    OK, don't rub it in..........

Good luck you Qlders, hope you get a good result.

if it so terrific Phill..then why not state it before the election so we can decide..they represent us. We are not their slaves to abide by what they choose..typical pollies.

The Greens musn't be very confident in my electorate./.no one at the polling booth handing out HTV cards.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Could not agree more, a lazy pollie is a lazy pollie regardless of party. Same goes for governments, lazy in opposition and not made to work hard for there victory is also lazy in government.

You are right to use NSW as an example, bumbling Barry and his party gave very little away leading up to the last state election in detailed policy just plenty of one line statements and thus far and by there own admission they are not achieving.

Using Phill's methodology anything this current feral federal govt has dished up to us that did not get a mention in the lead up to the last election is ok, If you apply consistency that is.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Thumbs down Re: LNP Fishing policy - WA STYLE

LNP-WA....you are a "disgrace" to RecFishos

PLANS for WA's long-awaited marine park will be unveiled by the State Government today signalling an end to commercial and recreational fishing along big stretches of the South-West coast.
    http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1226308851195

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERDAFF View Post
    Frogfuzz
    don't even know which tier of government they're voting for.
    Tragically this is true. I am a church goer (except when I'm out fishing......). I once went to a "meet the canditate" forum organised by the Aust Christian Lobby. The LNP, ALP, and bravely - The Greens turned up. All started talking about "family" and how important it was. I think this was the State election before this one. Anyway - the ALP and Greens were skirting around their meaning of "family". So I got up and kept asking them to define what they meant until such time that they answered. When the truth came out about what the Greens thought (remember this is a church audience) you could feel the tension in the air.

Tragically sitting next to us, an otherwise intelligent lady, lent over to me and said, "Oh my, I've always voted Green because I thought I was looking after the environment. I had no idea they stood for all of this!".

People are apathetic and generally ignorant of what parties stand for. I can't stand the "Oh I vote XXX because that's what my father did, and his father before him and......"

What could society do though to stop the idiots voting? Non compulsory perhaps? It's a hard one to answer....

what does constitute a "family" ?????

a grouping

Yes - I thought you'd have a go at me for that pinhead.

I'm sure you have heard from the two sides of the debate - after all - it's been all over the news for years now Pinhead and that grub Andrew Fraser tried to use it to try and split the LNP on the issue in this election (it had nothing to do with "equal" rights). So no point in debating it here. But incase you haven't been watching the media here is a classic example of how it works:

EG: John Howard on one side of the debate before and after an election "Marraige is between a man and a woman". He honours his word to the voters on it.

Other side:

Gillard before an election: "Theeereeee will beeeee noooooo change to the marraige act shooooould I win office"

After the election: "It's aaaaaa conscious vote on gaaaaaay maaaaaarraige - nothing IIIIII can do to stop it. If only that bigot - hate monger Pope loving Catholic Tony Abbott woooooould support it. It's all his fault".

Have to have standards Pinhead especially where kids are involved. I'll stick with what "mother nature" / god (take your pick) has determined.

Quote Originally Posted by frogfuzz View Post
    Tragically this is true. I am a church goer (except when I'm out fishing......). I once went to a "meet the canditate" forum organised by the Aust Christian Lobby. The LNP, ALP, and bravely - The Greens turned up. All started talking about "family" and how important it was. I think this was the State election before this one. Anyway - the ALP and Greens were skirting around their meaning of "family". So I got up and kept asking them to define what they meant until such time that they answered. When the truth came out about what the Greens thought (remember this is a church audience) you could feel the tension in the air.

Tragically sitting next to us, an otherwise intelligent lady, lent over to me and said, "Oh my, I've always voted Green because I thought I was looking after the environment. I had no idea they stood for all of this!".

People are apathetic and generally ignorant of what parties stand for. I can't stand the "Oh I vote XXX because that's what my father did, and his father before him and......"

What could society do though to stop the idiots voting? Non compulsory perhaps? It's a hard one to answer....
    I am just curious as to why you felt it necessary to announce your attendance at a religous gathering to further your argument .
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by frogfuzz View Post
    Yes - I thought you'd have a go at me for that pinhead.

I'm sure you have heard from the two sides of the debate - after all - it's been all over the news for years now Pinhead and that grub Andrew Fraser tried to use it to try and split the LNP on the issue in this election (it had nothing to do with "equal" rights). So no point in debating it here. But incase you haven't been watching the media here is a classic example of how it works:

EG: John Howard on one side of the debate before and after an election "Marraige is between a man and a woman". He honours his word to the voters on it.

Other side:

Gillard before an election: "Theeereeee will beeeee noooooo change to the marraige act shooooould I win office"

After the election: "It's aaaaaa conscious vote on gaaaaaay maaaaaarraige - nothing IIIIII can do to stop it. If only that bigot - hate monger Pope loving Catholic Tony Abbott woooooould support it. It's all his fault".

Have to have standards Pinhead especially where kids are involved. I'll stick with what "mother nature" / god (take your pick) has determined.
    Apparently only if those standards meet with your approval,
    Shawn

Shawn - it was a "meet your candidate" at a local church, I found out about it through the church. It was open to all - but yes most people there were aligned with Christianity. Why did I mention that?? - that is where the incident I described happened, which I mentioned to describe my experience of people voting for parties that they haven't researched. What's the big deal??? Should I have not mentioned it in case I offended some "Christianphobe"?????? Or some "Fundamentalist Humanist Atheist" (eg Gillard or Bob Brown perhaps)????? Sheesh!! Is it really such a big deal? Next time I shall forward my posts for you to censor. You don't work for the Federal Communications Minister do you? Don't stress Shawn - I'm sure big brother will be watching sites all over the internet soon enough with the NBN and the media enquiry. That way any comments can meet "with your approval". Do you think I mentioned it to get support? I can assure you if I wanted support that's the last thing I would have mentioned.

"Apparently only if those standards meet with your approval" - no Shawn - we live in a demcocracy, Howard took it to an election. Keep his promise. Gizzard did the same and didn't. It will be interesting to see what Can -Do will do. If you can show me where I have legally forced people to follow my will, on an individual basis - by all means please show me; didn't know I had such power!

It wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't important enough to make pollies stand up and notice, or to go out of their way to decieve the voters. I'm not arguing the merits of gay access to kids here as it is off topic. Be glad to debate you elsewhere (PM?) if you really want to.