Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    With all due respect Phill

Why would there be humble pie to consume, Marks commitment and word was to share the moment election was anounced.

Favourable policy or not, seems like a ranga moment coming out with it after.
    I beleive Mark R would have kept his word and shared any info he had, if not been gagged by "can do". When he made thoses statements their was no gag order in place, and now their is.
    Have a little faith he's the only poli who has been willing to come onto this forum and support us.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    I beleive Mark R would have kept his word and shared any info he had, if not been gagged by "can do". When he made thoses statements their was no gag order in place, and now their is.
    Have a little faith he's the only poli who has been willing to come onto this forum and support us.
    If that is the case..then why would anyone vote LNP..for a dictator???? This is supposed to be a democracy where every Member has a say on behalf of his/her constituents. Unless , of course, certain body parts are missing.

LNP will win..and I reckon that rec fishos will be no better off.
    What would the average rec angler want?

Some of you Can Do Cannaries are so full of it ??
    Yes Labor may take a battering.
    Yes i dont have to read any of this political propergander, but i choose to.
    We'll see how many of you offer excuses when and if the Can Do Cane Toads do anything they promised
    about changes to the Fisheries Scene.
    regards
    Last edited by webby; 23-03-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: editing

Use your preferences tomorrow. DON'T "just vote 1" like they want, especially for the LNP this time (remember last time - it was the State ALP saying this - and look at the hole they have since put us in). By taking the time to use your preferences you can send a message to whoever wins. When you "vote 1" they don't have a clue where their electorate sits. Look at how John Howard (and even the ALP) changed their tune when One Nation (not saying I agree with them) came about. It could be argued that both parties, to various degrees were pulled more to the conservative side. One Nation attracted a stack of ALP & LNP voters and it scared the s*&t out of both of them (hence the reason they sent Pauline to jail falsely; they suceeded in their goal - to stop One Nation gaining momentem and something One Nation sorely needed; intelligent strong leadership and talent in the ranks)

If, for argument sake that in the seat of Ashgrove, 10% of the electorate voted Green #1 (heaven help us) ; LNP #2 ; ALP #3 - you could bet your bottom dollar that the most likely winners tomorrow - the LNP in that seat - would bring in more leftard polices that would harm your fishing lifestyle. If on the other hand you vote #1 for the minor parties that best suit your wants/wishes/ideals then vote for the party you want to win; finally followed by the ones you don't want to win, then you send the ruling party a message - one they'll find hard to deny. Case in point - look at how the Greens have influenced the ALP at all levels of gov't (well - totally screwed the original ALP ideals anyhow)

"How to vote" cards are for the Sheeple, and it is "Sheeple" who deliver pathetic governments. Use your brains, use your preferences. Send the bastards a message about what you want for your fishing and for yor state.

From my perspective, this election is not about what we as fishos will get, it is about removing a government that has been in power too long and the cover-ups and corruption is set to deeply to be rooted out and the slate cleaned. I want better governance of the state first of all and a priority of managing the spiralling debt this current government has created.
    Once the control is made over the finances, then i think they should attend to the likes of the fishery, the sporting venues, the parks and all the rest of the less vital things to take control of.
    To jump up and down complaining about this ramp or that pontoon is simply narrow minded when you consider how big the state's debt is. Even without the floods and cyclones endured in the past few years, the debt is massive and growing.

Whilst I do not like the green zones imposed upon us, or the bag limits or fish sizes or the quality of some of the ramps and minimal infrastructure for the fisho, I think attendance needs to be placed elsewhere at the current time. If we do have a bad ramp or something, maybe a local solution can be found that will tide the problem over to a time when it can be properly addressed. Expecting a govt with funds in the negative to pay up is a bit silly.

All i know is that the current govt must be removed and replaced with a fresh team to re-address the problems that have been swept under the carpet or not addressed at all by the current party.
    Jack.

Support us? NO

Trying to get us to support him? YES.

Dont confuse engagement with campaigning.

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    This is what I am going to do although I thought I needed to number them all? can anyone confirm please.

Would be nice the above because I am not interested in bothering much further or researching deeper other candidates (just incase the LNP looses lol), might place the fishing party if they exist on my paper as number 2 then LNP3...anyway good info! thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Ok looks like it's number 1 or all, no inbetweens on the ballot paper as usual?I think??
    Quote Originally Posted by lampuki View Post
    I thought the same as fnq

but i could be wrong...state vs federal is different.
    Qld has optional preferential voting in State elections. Depending how many candidates are standing in your electorate, it means you can just vote 1 if you wish you can number 1 and 2 and leave 3 and 4 blank, or you can number the lot. You can number as many boxes as you like and it all counts. It's been that way since the early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    see below

Apologies will be accepted immediately after the first round of Rec Fishing policies and changes to existing ones.

The first change will be announced very early after the LNP win.

Stayed tuned and the appology can be supported with a smattering of humble pie. All IMO only....

LP
    Mark will get an appology if he gives us the fishing policy he promised he'd give us before the election. That's all anybody is realy been asking for. We want to see what the LNP have to offer rec anglers before we cast out vote, is that such a tough ask? That's why Katter is so appealing to anglers, he actually has a rec fishing policy that looks after us. Phill did you know the Qld Freshwater Fish Stocking Assoc sent all the major parties 9 specific questions about what they'ed do to help the volunteer freshwater stocking groups, your MP Mark hasn't even bothered to send a reply.

Mark Who ?.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    From my perspective, this election is not about what we as fishos will get, it is about removing a government that has been in power too long and the cover-ups and corruption is set to deeply to be rooted out and the slate cleaned. I want better governance of the state first of all and a priority of managing the spiralling debt this current government has created.
    Once the control is made over the finances, then i think they should attend to the likes of the fishery, the sporting venues, the parks and all the rest of the less vital things to take control of.
    To jump up and down complaining about this ramp or that pontoon is simply narrow minded when you consider how big the state's debt is. Even without the floods and cyclones endured in the past few years, the debt is massive and growing.

Whilst I do not like the green zones imposed upon us, or the bag limits or fish sizes or the quality of some of the ramps and minimal infrastructure for the fisho, I think attendance needs to be placed elsewhere at the current time. If we do have a bad ramp or something, maybe a local solution can be found that will tide the problem over to a time when it can be properly addressed. Expecting a govt with funds in the negative to pay up is a bit silly.

All i know is that the current govt must be removed and replaced with a fresh team to re-address the problems that have been swept under the carpet or not addressed at all by the current party.
    This is closer to the mark than much of what I seen and heard around many discussions. Yes, we as fishos were treated very poorly by the current pack of lying, deceitful and incompetent ****s. But so has everybody else. If you are a vocal minority with a bullshit agenda and linked to parties which can promise preferences you have more chance of getting your agenda noticed and even legislated than the vast majority who just go about their daily lives trying to feed their family and take them out to do life (that's if you can afford the fuel).

And funnily enough, I just saw Newman on tv hanging on to a loaded up rod at a tackle shop in a campaign grab.

Mark Who ?.

Steeler, steeler who........Are you voting this weekend?............

No one mark, he's not even a Queenslander...?
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

No wonder you lot got stuck with such an absent minded ALP for so long, you accept low standards from your MP's LOL !!!!!!!!!!

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Phill did you know the Qld Freshwater Fish Stocking Assoc sent all the major parties 9 specific questions about what they'ed do to help the volunteer freshwater stocking groups, your MP Mark hasn't even bothered to send a reply.
    Has Mark mentioned this to you Phill?

No wonder you lot got stuck with such an absent minded ALP for so long, you accept low standards from your MP's LOL !!!!!!!!!!
    At least in Qld, we have minds...

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

A/ Campbell claimed no one has gagged any of the LNP candidates,

B/ Andrew Laming MP is also a member of Ausfish (3 self promoting posts in 4 years)

C/ Mark doesn't come on this forum to support us, he comes on to promote himself, it will be interesting to see how involved he is on this site after the election.