Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Clearly Mark Robinson had an aggressive agenda for Policy Release prior to the Election, and clearly for some reason that has suffered. I wonder if people remember the Leadership squabble we saw from Fed Labor just a few weeks ago, and how the local news stopped dead as a result of there being no oxygen left for local news? I strongly suspect that there has been a conscious decision to release less as the timetable was truncated, rather than just tumble everything out - most folks aren't smart enough to absorb as much Policy as might have been released in such a short time, I know I'm not. For those that are, well, bully for you.

Clearly my arse, the LNP managed to release dozens of their other policies that week receiving plenty of traction. Face the facts Tim, the LNP dropped rec fishermen like a hot spud when they "accidently" released a bit of fishing policy before Xmas and got a public backlash.

It is abundantly clear that there will be a bloodbath. I can't wait. I am absolutely busting to be in the Tally Room on Saturday night and say "Bye bye Sly Lie Bligh, don't shut the door behind you!" Stick the LNP in and give them a go. I know Mark fairly well, and he has more character in his big toe than a few Labor Pollies I've met. I will personally shake Mark's hand - I might even give him a hug - and then I will say "You had better deliver, Mate, or we will do you over like last weeks chook." Right now, he's the only hope we have, and as Fisheries Minister he will do a fine job. I am proud to have stood for him, and I know that he will do a great job for us.

Some how that doesn't surprise me. And god help us if he's our only hope, the LNP policy was strong and well targeted before MP Mark came along, now it's nonexistent.

I'll be handing out LNP How to Vote Cards on Saturday. I will be enjoying watching the Greens and Labor people cringe, and I will rub it in. This is one Election where Swinging Voters need to swing one way, and get rid of these self serving Nannies once and for all.

Tim
    Go back and look at some of MP Mark's 1st posts on here Tim and look at the way he's now dropped his support for some of the biggest issues we had with Labor's treatment of rec anglers. And while you're at it have a look at some of the things you said about Labor's green zones, but that's ok now that Mark has backflipped on them is it?
    Have you see the Greens statement on freshwater fishing in Qld? Even it's better than what the Mark and the LNP have offered freshwater anglers, the Greens actualy replied to the request for information.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    Welcome back Timi !

Whilst the current AP Fishing Policy has it all over the LNP's do I send a message and vote for the best fishing policy hands down or send a message to my beloved ALP hacks and vote for the LNP

Still pondering in wet Weipatown ........................
    You could do worse than give your vote to Katter's Mob with the LNP as your 2nd preference. It'll send the big 2 parties a message to stand up for anglers, plus The Australia Party will get their funding of $3.50 a vote to help fight the good fight. They won't win so your preference will flow through as a vote for the LNP, no need to number any more than the 2 boxes.

C'mon Time your stretching it a little.

Some applauded to much fanfare Marks engagement on this forum but of late he has gone AWOL along with that policy he was quick to remind us would be delivered the first instant the election was called.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    They won't win so your preference will flow through as a vote for the LNP, no need to number any more than the 2 boxes.
    This is what I am going to do although I thought I needed to number them all? can anyone confirm please.

Would be nice the above because I am not interested in bothering much further or researching deeper other candidates (just incase the LNP looses lol), might place the fishing party if they exist on my paper as number 2 then LNP3...anyway good info! thanks

Ok looks like it's number 1 or all, no inbetweens on the ballot paper as usual?I think??

I thought the same as fnq

but i could be wrong...state vs federal is different.

So why has Mark been gagged?
    Why all the smoke and mirrors?
    What is there to hide?

So Timi, is the LNP going to hold power for the next 20 years??
    If going by M.R's track record on here, I would say that you better make the most of this voctory!

For me, well I was going to vote LNP at this election. That was until being part of what has progressed on here over the last few months, with the way M.R has treated us like a bunch of idiots.
    Always plently of time to come on here and bag the opposition, but oh wait, he is always too busy to answer any of our questions.
    What was the reason that the fishing policy wasnt released???? oh thats right, someone might copy it....
    Maybe he could have delivered it in a brown paper bag straight from Cando to us???

Anyway, I sent my vote back (no way I am wasting my line lining up) and it is the Katter Party 1 for me this time round.
    The guy might be a nut, but hey, atleast you know what you get!
    Not that they will win many seats (if any), but the 2 major parties need a shake up. YES BOTH!

Pinhead nailed it above with his comment.....

Someone needs to start a party for the good of Austrailians.
    Deal with crime (heavy handed)
    Cut back the costs of running our Gaol system. (Why should these people get ANY benifits?)
    Cut the dole (you want something nice... you WORK for it) Why do we hand out so much in unemployment funds, while some of our pensioners (who have worked their whole life) struggle to pay their power??
    Stop taking away our lifestyle, because of the minority that do the wrong thing (Deal with this minority)
    Why do we waste so much money on these illegal immigrants?? (ok federal issue)

Can you answer some of my questions above, Mark?
    But you wouldnt have the ...... ahhhh, forget it.

Unlike previous elections where the fringe vote of issue based politics was required i.e. the Labor with the greens last election and LNP with fishos a few before that, this election seems to be based simply on "enough is enough" and the tide of change will push through without the need for these issues to be addressed publicly. I have heard almost nothing from the greens at all this time around where all the green groups were out in force attacking LNP and pushing Labor based policy so it seems even they are resigned to the fact they will have a lesser presence. It was the same last Federal election when Labor needed the support and the public went out and said time for a change so this election, after 20yrs of Labor rule is the same principle IMHO.

I like everyone else hope that when the LNP get settled they don't screw over the public on many fronts and issues and do genuinely keep consultative approaches to Governing this state. If not, it might be a short rein for them too and maybe the next growing force, KAP, might get a go or back to the other major side. The LNP have no time to muck around nor stuff up. Time will tell if they can actually do it.
    Last edited by Chris Ryan; 23-03-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: spelling
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    If it was really him I'd be more than surprised.

On the rest of it: I'd just offer some points for people to think about before "passing judgement."

Clearly Mark Robinson had an aggressive agenda for Policy Release prior to the Election, and clearly for some reason that has suffered. I wonder if people remember the Leadership squabble we saw from Fed Labor just a few weeks ago, and how the local news stopped dead as a result of there being no oxygen left for local news? I strongly suspect that there has been a consciousQ decision to release less as the timetable was truncated, rather than just tumble everything out - most folks aren't smart enough to absorb as much Policy as might have been released in such a short time, I know I'm not. For those that are, well, bully for you.

It is abundantly clear that there will be a bloodbath. I can't wait. I am absolutely busting to be in the Tally Room on Saturday night and say "Bye bye Sly Lie Bligh, don't shut the door behind you!" Stick the LNP in and give them a go. I know Mark fairly well, and he has more character in his big toe than a few Labor Pollies I've met. I will personally shake Mark's hand - I might even give him a hug - and then I will say "You had better deliver, Mate, or we will do you over like last weeks chook." Right now, he's the only hope we have, and as Fisheries Minister he will do a fine job. I am proud to have stood for him, and I know that he will do a great job for us.

I'll be handing out LNP How to Vote Cards on Saturday. I will be enjoying watching the Greens and Labor people cringe, and I will rub it in. This is one Election where Swinging Voters need to swing one way, and get rid of these self serving Nannies once and for all.

To the rusted on Labor Voters here, well, those Weet-bix will be salty on Sunday morning, as they go soggy with your tears. I am not feeling sympathetic. And I know you'll carry on at me about all sorts, and try to put me in a box, but you know what? I don't give a stuff! You will all have jobs and be working under an LNP Government, and prosperity will be in the offing. You little bloody beauty!

Tim
    You should be a politician as well as you have stated so much but said so little I hope your boot laces don't cause any discomfort when mark pulls them OUTthanks Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

I've stayed out of this one for as long as I can, the non-existant policy is a kick in the face and Marks sudden disappearance at such a crucial time is more than conspicuous. I thing rec fisherman are going to get screwed no matter which way we vote. Not a good feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Basstones View Post
    I've stayed out of this one for as long as I can, the non-existant policy is a kick in the face and Marks sudden disappearance at such a crucial time is more than conspicuous. I thing rec fisherman are going to get screwed no matter which way we vote. Not a good feeling.
    so very true!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Basstones View Post
    see below

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    so very true!!!!!!!!!
    Apologies will be accepted immediately after the first round of Rec Fishing policies and changes to existing ones.

The first change will be announced very early after the LNP win.

Stayed tuned and the appology can be supported with a smattering of humble pie. All IMO only....

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I might go back to earlier posts that told of how things change and somethings are out of the control of people that made promises or declarations.

I also asked, in that post, for anyone who has never not delivered on a promise, never not did what they said they would do..

You know what.......... not ONE show of hands.

First of all, it proves we ALL have things go wrong and not according to our liking or plans.

It also goes to enhance the Glass House theory and worse still " the Tall Poppy Choppa Downer " syndrome, heavily entrenched in todays Australian society.

I really hope the thanks come raining in as hard as the sticks and stones have done, over the course of this thread, but you know.... some people will never, EVER , be satisfied ..

Whatever path you take after Saturday, feel safe knowing that things WILL change and change for the better, in relation to recreational fishing in Queensland.

Do I have inside information.... ?.............. Absolutely

Am I going to share........?....................... No way, that is for the person responsible for putting in the hard yards and driving the rec fishos message.

Stay tuned............................

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

With all due respect Phill

Why is it you doing this ?.

Why not the man responsible as you put it ?.

Why would there be humble pie to consume, Marks commitment and word was to share the moment election was anounced.

Favourable policy or not, seems like a ranga moment coming out with it after.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

I do think we will get a positive outcome for fisho's out of the LNP Phill. I look forward to reading the announcements and then try and work time in my life where I can once again enjoy wetting a line to put those outcomes to the test
    Cheers,
    Chris