Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Back to the subject you ferets................

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

2 out of every 5 people who post politics are scamming
    Where did this statistic come from? Is this actual research or something that you just made up just then to try to justify calling me a liar? Not that it worries me if you are calling me a liar, I'm sure you're not really meaning any offence and perhaps you're simply offended because you don't understand my logic that I am selling my vote. If the LNP want it they can have it, but they have to buy it off me with a fairer rec fishing policy. Just like the greens sell their votes for more greens zones - among other things.

I dont think that in the upside down psychological political climate partys fight an electoral campaign in today that what you needed to vote LNP was ever going to be possible
    You could be right, but that's my price. But go back to my earlier point about the Victorian LNP vs. the Greens. It is possible and chances are - as shown in Victoria - the LNP would be stronger for rejecting the Greens and coming out with a NO TO GREEN ZONES stance.

But Newman seems to have:

a) no guts
    b) a filthy green streak in him
    c) no brains, but thinks he's clever

He's pretty clever i reckon. At 20k a favor he would be doing alright.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

No use opening green zones if there is not going to be any fish...

The whole thing is a carrot held in front of fishos noses just like that shiny new $30.00 lure that promises to catch you all the fish you want.

In reality the issue surrounds pollution and silt input from the Brisbane river and surrounding estuaries that spews tonnes of silt into the bay every day.

I doubt any pollie would have the balls to face this issue.

Lets face it, with population growth and expansion, the bay is somewhat doomed, no matter how many green zones they open or close.

Do you really think if they open green-zones you will never do a doughnut?

Think again.

my 2c

Back to the subject you ferets................
    Actually I thought that was the subject.

But glad to hear that you've emailed him Phill. Will be very interested to see the response which will need to come sooner rather than later.

I think I know now what MT Vesuvuis felt like before it erupted.......

Do you really think if they open green-zones you will never do a doughnut?

Think again.
    Yes you're right some people will need to think again. Fortunately I don't have to because I never thought that way in the first place.

For me it's got nothing to do with wanting to fish a particular green zone because it would be full of fish. Better anglers than me would probably catch the dumb ones before I got to them anyway. It's more a case of not wanting to be fined because I've accidentally drifted into a green zone. That and the fact that they don't do any good. I wouldn't mind so much if they were sign posted. Or if they actually did some good. But getting fined in ineffective green zones that don't have markers would suck in my opinion.

I do agree with your sentiment regarding water quality. Not sure it's exactly going to be a wasteland in the near future, but I do agree that the politicians put it in the too hard basket.

Is that a policy? All it tells me is thet there are some ALP seats in the Broadwater and Cairns area he has tossed a carrot to.

So:
    No mention of foreshore degradation ?
    No mention of fish sustainability?
    No mention regarding green zones..present and future.

Could go on forever.

That is not a policy..that is just vocal meandering..farcical.

On Nuggets tonight Mark Robinson when asked about other fishing policies said they would be released by Can Do within the next 2 to 3 weeks, ( isnt that when the election due?)

Ill have to read about it here as soon as i hear Anna or Can Do i hit the off button

im going to sit in the boat and have a beer
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    Let's see ... ALP introduced these stinking, useless green zones. Hmmm good reason to vote against them. But wait ... LNP are not going to do anything about these green zones. Well that makes me mad as hell. Can't see the difference between voting ALP or LNP now. So if I can't vote for anyone who will do anything about these green zones, then at the very least I can try to punish the big noting twit who could and should have done something about them.

Makes sense to me.
    LNP are not going to do anything about these green zones. Well that makes me mad as hell. Can't see the difference between voting ALP or LNP now.
    Exactly

So if I can't vote for anyone who will do anything about these green zones,
    Ah, but you can
    There will be no fishing bans declared north of Brisbane (Double Island Point), nor in the Gulf of Carpentaria, nor in Western Australia’s North Western Seas.

All of the current laws restricting recreational pursuits will be reviewed and restrictions reduced.
    Taken from here: http://www.ausparty.org.au/issues/dr...statement.html

Tumbo59 if you're agreeing with me then I can't help but feel like I was out of line.

But seriously, I would give Bob's party my vote if the LNP can't come up with a decent Rec fishing policy between now and the election, except there doesn't seem to be a KAP candidate in my electorate (Cleveland).

Gee I'm glad I have waited for so long to see this policy.......... What a crock of S#!* .
    Most of the $$$ going to dredging channels (without any environmental evaluation I might add). I have no problem navigating the Broadwater currently. I'm not sure that this is the best way to spend our tax payers dollars

I really had high hopes when Mark came onto AF. Now I'm pretty gutted. This probably won't change my vote against the Bligh regime but it hasn't helped me direct it towards the LNP
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Even though I moved out of SEQ, I kept my postal address so I could have my say come election time. Got my postal vote paperwork the other day.....Now I liked it when Mark came on here, anyone that didn't think he was going to be all LNP huff and puff are kidding themselves....he's a politician looking for votes (fair enough) so he's going to do the normal pollie thing...
    Still, at least he made himself available (sort of) to us.....
    Now all his huff and puff has equaled to nought but the equivalent of policy erectile dysfunction and everyone is looking away, some embarassingly, some angrily.
    Sorry Mark, I really wanted you to perform for me, I truly honestly did....but vote FAIL.
    I posted my postal vote back yesterday, and LNP (sadly) didn't get no. 1. If you're gonna try and screw me, at least buy me dinner first.
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Quote Originally Posted by goat boy View Post
    even though i moved out of seq, i kept my postal address so i could have my say come election time. Got my postal vote paperwork the other day.....now i liked it when mark came on here, anyone that didn't think he was going to be all lnp huff and puff are kidding themselves....he's a politician looking for votes (fair enough) so he's going to do the normal pollie thing...
    Still, at least he made himself available (sort of) to us.....
    Now all his huff and puff has equaled to nought but the equivalent of policy erectile dysfunction and everyone is looking away, some embarassingly, some angrily.
    Sorry mark, i really wanted you to perform for me, i truly honestly did....but vote fail.
    I posted my postal vote back yesterday, and lnp (sadly) didn't get no. 1. If you're gonna try and screw me, at least buy me dinner first.
    lmfao................

Well bugger me there was one back in June.

The LNP's policy is 'SUSTAINABLE FISHING WITHOUT BANS'. Put simply 'No snapper ban.

Must have got misplaced.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent