Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Hi guys heard some interesting news; apparently the Qld constitution states that the Premier of the state does not have to be an elected member of Parliment.So if CN does not get elected in Ashgrove then he can still lead PArliment as Premier. Now that would be an interesting outcome! Just like to see a policy soon please!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Oh crap........ I just realised that Sandow has done a Qld ALP MP trick..... jumped ship..... he's a parramata eel now.. My Bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I missed this Phill, wash your mouth out! Sandow did the modern NRL thing. The fact that he went to one of only two teams that can say they are the real deal in the NRL is irrelevant (If you haven't won three straight (EVER) you are a pretender team and need to take your skirts off).

I have said my piece on the rubbish NRL system in other non related threads. Things will change when I take gallops job
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Has Mark MP-Lnp brought back the 10 x 30cm+ snapper limit yet ,
    or just going status-quo with the present ALP? rulings.

LNP-hacks , please advise if Mark is MIA
    Really? Are you just Trolling now? Why would ANY party bring back that Snapper limit? Please back your "pro" 10x30cm limit with evidence or at least a good argument. Im guessing you will come up with nothing at all of substance
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I missed this Phill, wash your mouth out! Sandow did the modern NRL thing. The fact that he went to one of only two teams that can say they are the real deal in the NRL is irrelevant (If you haven't won three straight (EVER) you are a pretender team and need to take your skirts off).

I have said my piece on the rubbish NRL system in other non related threads. Things will change when I take gallops job
    Chris..aren't Parramatta one of only 2 teams that have got 3 wooden spoons in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by sporty1 View Post
    Hi guys heard some interesting news; apparently the Qld constitution states that the Premier of the state does not have to be an elected member of Parliment.So if CN does not get elected in Ashgrove then he can still lead PArliment as Premier. Now that would be an interesting outcome! Just like to see a policy soon please!

Are you sure ...... ?
    Because there is a lot of fuss about if Cando , couldn't! - they talk about plan B ? ....... & even the ALP are campaigning along the line of ....... who is the second choice .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Happy Reading

http://lnp.org.au/policies/better-in...for-the-future

O dear ! what a let down FAIL mark from me

Tick for Infrastructure and Arti reefs

Nothing on Green zones 1 hook ect or Stock research how the game has changed in 12 months

Happy Reading

http://lnp.org.au/policies/better-in...for-the-future

O dear ! what a let down FAIL mark from me

Tick for Infrastructure and Arti reefs

Nothing on Green zones 1 hook ect or Stock research how the game has changed in 12 months
    What a disgrace. In particular I find this line to not only be a contradiction in terms, but a slap in the face to all anglers:

Unlike Bligh Labor, an LNP Government will consult widely and continuously with Queenslanders to ensure that their views are heard and acted on, as well as working with responsible environmental advocates.

Have you ever met, or know of a 'responsible environmental advocate'? I'm sure there are people on this site that would fit that discription, but this sounds like he is going to meet with, and listen to, those same environmental nutbags that want even more green zones put in place. Well I'm sorry, they had Labours ear when rec anglers could not get anyone to listen to them. I seem to remember various environmental groups being given access to draft zonings well before rec anglers were. I had hoped that the tree hugging loopies had had their day in the sun. But no, Newman is going to continue to consult with them.

But in addition to this there is no mention of reversing the poorly thoughtout green zones that were simply put in place to satisfy the greenies. No mention of reviewing these disgraceful limitations on our recreational pastime.

Well that settles it for me. I am in Marks electorate and I for one will not be voting for him and I will be encouraging everyone I know in this electorate to vote against him. Now that might not make a difference this time around, but I will be doing my best over the next 3 years to make sure he doesn't get another term in office after this one.

Jo Briskey you just won my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    Well that settles it for me. I am in Marks electorate and I for one will not be voting for him

But your going to vote LAB now because? own up you where never considering a vote for LNP you where just scamming, nothing else makes any sense...when your now prepared to vote for those that you needed the LNPs policies to fix what was created.....nup your just scammin, gotta be smarter than that shouldn't we??

But your going to vote LAB now because? own up you where never considering a vote for LNP you where just scamming, nothing else makes any sense
    Let's see ... ALP introduced these stinking, useless green zones. Hmmm good reason to vote against them. But wait ... LNP are not going to do anything about these green zones. Well that makes me mad as hell. Can't see the difference between voting ALP or LNP now. So if I can't vote for anyone who will do anything about these green zones, then at the very least I can try to punish the big noting twit who could and should have done something about them.

Makes sense to me.

when your now prepared to vote for those that you needed the LNPs policies to fix what was created
    But it seems they're not going to fix what was created. This is my whole point.

LNP will get my vote when they agree to fix this injustice. Until then I will keep voting against them, and encourage others too as well, until I get my own way.

Pretty sure that's how politics is sort of meant to work.

A CanDo LNP Government will create a $120 million Marine Infrastructure Fund to ensure Queenslanders can fully enjoy our great marine heritage and lifestyle.
    Under the current tired 20 year Labor Government, the ability of Queenslanders to properly enjoy our marine environment, be it for fishing, boating or employment opportunities, has not been a priority.

Labor has been more focused on green spin than on taking real practical action to provide infrastructure to both protect our marine environment and biodiversity as well as providing Queenslanders the opportunity to enjoy this world class asset both now and into the future.

The LNP is committed to supporting Queenslanders' ability to enjoy our natural heritage responsibly.

The LNP understands fishing is one of the most popular pastimes in Queensland, with an estimated 750,000 recreational fishers in this state.

In addition, we understand many more Queenslanders enjoy a range of activities on our coastal waters.

Unlike Bligh Labor, an LNP Government will consult widely and continuously with Queenslanders to ensure that their views are heard and acted on, as well as working with responsible environmental advocates.

An LNP Government will establish a $120 million Marine Infrastructure Fund to build new marine infrastructure in areas of greatest need such as boat ramps, pontoons, fishing platforms, artificial reefs or other infrastructure. Maintaining access to Queensland waterways through projects such as targeted channel deepening at Trinity Inlet and the Gold Coast Broadwater will also be funded.

Unlike Labor, which has only provided artificial reefs as inadequate compensation for 'no-fishing' zones and bans on recreational fishing, the LNP sees this Marine Infrastructure Fund as an investment in the future of our marine environment and recreational fishing opportunities.

Boat ramps and fishing platforms improve access for recreational fishing and boating, while appropriate channel deepening can be essential maintenance for our marine environment.

An LNP Government will deliver better infrastructure to allow Queenslanders to enjoy our coastal waterways.

It's time for a change. With your help the LNP will get Queensland Back on Track.

LNP Policy Commitments:

• $120 million Marine Infrastructure Fund over four years
    • $50 million for small marine infrastructure such as boat ramps, artificial reefs and pontoons
    • $30 millon to improve access to Gold Coast Waterways
    • $40 millon to improve access to Cairns' Trinity Inlet

OK.... here's my take.

1. No real ' nuts and bolts " policy released.... obviously that will come later.

2. Would have been nice to hear mention of zoning reviews at least.

3. The 4 dot points are BS... there are only 3 dot points... bit of smoke and mirrors there.

4. $50mill will get you a bucketload of pontoons and arti's, unless of course, 20% of that is used for " Administration / management "..

5. It is over 4 years, hence really $30 mill a year total and then what after 4 years ?

Not entirely happy with this " statement ", it is definately not a policy release.

Might be about time Mark Robinson MP, made a statement here on what is doing regards

RECREATIONAL FISHING,
    Zoning,
    Future management tools,
    Budget for FQ,
    Research,

Fishing Havens,
    Bio-region Planning,
    Regional Management,
    Stream-lining of commercial operations in populated areas,
    Aquaculture,
    Marine Farming,

Mainland pollution solutions,
    The Red Lines through the Yellow Zone BS !!!!! ( GSSMP )
    Tourism incentives associated with Rec Fishing / Guides / Charters
    Port dredging, channel dredging and Cynide contaminations

and more..................... ??????????

Better come forward with the " nuts and bolts " before March 23 !

cheers Phill
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 09-03-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I have contacted Noddy's office and asked for a response to my statement above and also to provide some MORE details on Rec Fishing policy ( if they have any ? ).

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Still reads like your scamming fafnir, what better place to position your one vote no vioice toward those that have publicly in modern times stood up and questioned all of the zealous environmental thuggery we have been abused with in QLD and federal by extension.......this by the way is NOT the LABS at any level in any way anywhere in Oz.........you where never considering the LNP or any others already voiced against these legislation's it's pretty plain to see so far IMO..

Still reads like your scamming fafnir, what better place to position your one vote no vioice toward those that have publicly in modern times stood up and questioned all of the zealous environmental thuggery we have been abused with in QLD and federal by extension.......this by the way is NOT the LABS at any level in any way anywhere in Oz.........you where never considering the LNP or any others already voiced against these legislation's it's pretty plain to see so far IMO..
    I don't know that I really follow much of what you're saying - apart from calling me a liar, which is more a reflection on you than me I feel.

LNP have talked a good game but until now have shown nothing. It's fine to speak out against the zealots, but it's all talk. Now as they approach a position to do something about it, it seems they will do nothing?

LNP in Victoria preferenced the Greens last. Sent an excellent message and weakened these crackpots. But do the QLD LNP follow their successful lead? No, Can Do keeps trying to suck up to the environmental movement, even though it does him no good. Earth to the LNP, the environmental movement is on the left, they are NEVER going to do anything other than hate you.

It has been my intention for some time to vote LNP. I am not impressed with the ALP's running of this state and I think that they are stale and would benefit from some time on the bench. But I will not personally vote for Mark Robinson if this is the best they can offer in terms of recreational fishing.

But you go right ahead and vote them in with no requests, no demands. I mean, heaven forbid that as an angler you should demand that the people you vote for actually do something to protect your lifestyle. That you should make your vote dependant on getting what YOU want. This, the one time every 3 years where you get a chance to make any demands. Just go ahead and given them you vote and then take whatever the shovel out.

This is political I am not calling you a liar I was calling you a scammer....2 out of every 5 people who post politics are scamming...thinking that their particular branded twist of logic will go unnoticed but still make sense to others...when it cannot....you seem to have other preconceived reasons why you will vote LAB and i wonder just what might have been necessary but impossible before forming government from the LNP to change your mind......

I dont think that in the upside down psychological political climate partys fight an electoral campaign in today that what you needed to vote LNP was ever going to be possible....certainly if the LNP gets in and it does become possible?? your vote for the LABS was against us all and yourself?....make sense? if it doesn't I very much doubt you would have voted LNP anyway.