Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Your not suggesting Clive owns that mob are you NAGG and gets to call the shots just as The ACTU get to call the shots with the ALP.

Got a great lough watching that federal poodle Pyne on Lateline Friday night talk about shoe horning and what a disgrace it is to overlook current members for senior roles. Obviously has not heard of Can Do or visited the sunshine state recently eh ?.

F^&* pollies take us for clowns.

PS : Am i the only one who wants to chop Can Do's hands off when he does that flapping with his thumb and first finger wriggle.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Paul .... firstly - NSW has a conservative government !!!

You - just like too many others get on the band wagon that everything is so bad up here ...... At least I know what it was like living in another state & I know what the cost of living / living standards were like down there !!! You say that the hospitals are in such a bad way - yet there are 2 magnificent hospitals in Brisbane & a third on the gold coast (recent developments) - a new childrens hospital is being built as we type .... Funny how there is very few complaints from the 3 Qld health workers that live in my block of units ....... yes there was a problem with the SAP system that was used for their pays (most software changes have problems...... been there , done that!!!) Yes I know that not everyone lives in SE Qld ( Just the majority)
    Roads - The road network is SE Qld has improved out of site since I started coming up here in the mid 90's ........ yes the Bruce hwy is a disgrace ( That is federally funded ...... with Jack spent under Howard) .
    Schools - I cant really comment !
    Fisheries ........ well I agree that something needs to be done - i'm an advocate for a RFL & the buyout of netters who fish the estuaries........... A government with any smarts would do it - But it wont come from the LNP either...... I note that your business has been influenced & bolsted by the successful SIP scheme that was introduced by the current Labor government ......

I note your shot at AB for wanting to pay for kids to learn to swim ....... now where is CN going to get the funds ( or the doctors) to make a home visit to every new mum in Qld = talk about buying the women's vote.
    As for Bob Katter ........ well , are you trying to demonstrate your ignorance .......as BK will have SFA influence on policy specially in a landslide election win by the LNP .

Well at least we know if the LNP get in the mineral assets will be opened up to a wealthy Qld individual to exploit!!!!

-
    Chris
    Chris - with all due respect - please !!! NSW is the most busted arse broke state in Australia, there has been nothing happening there infrastructure wise for over a decade. The LNP have just begun their term after a long labor term - did you forget???

My BIL and SIL both work in senior roles in Qld health - the place is a joke and even Anna had to step in and fix it. My wife is a deputy principal at the largest special school in the state and I can say (because she is not allowed too) that there are major funding issues in EQ with other major systemic issues. All this and major assets sold off during the longest resource "boom" any state has seen aside from WA and you want to crow about the ALP's efforts - FMD !!!

Ohh and Mark - that was a piss weak effort. Pony up or get someone who can do the biz.

Well clearly thats the policy statement from the LNP and thats all the LNP is prepared to say about their policy after a 18 month flirt, ie

The LNP is committed to Recreational Fishing policy that is sensible and sustainable. It’s time for a change, and we can only change Queensland by changing to an LNP CanDo government – a government that plans carefully and acts purposefully,

Just dribble but thats the policy: say nothing: whats sensible or sustainable: geez that canbe argued for years as it has been.

Sergeant Shultz would have been proud!!

Great way to run a state.

I sort of reckon people should know what is the change, what is the plan? i want to see what is the sensible plan for a change.... trust is a funny commodity isnt it and frankly the trust us approach wore thin a year ago...

Red or blue... im colour blind right now
    Tangles KFC

Perhaps all you sunshine state residents should pass the hat around and rake up 20 big ones and buy an audience with the man. That seems to work and you just might remove all restrictions and green zones.

Money talks and bullshit walks. Can Do's new election slogan.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Chris - with all due respect - please !!! NSW is the most busted arse broke state in Australia, there has been nothing happening there infrastructure wise for over a decade. The LNP have just begun their term after a long labor term - did you forget???

My BIL and SIL both work in senior roles in Qld health - the place is a joke and even Anna had to step in and fix it. My wife is a deputy principal at the largest special school in the state and I can say (because she is not allowed too) that there are major funding issues in EQ with other major systemic issues. All this and major assets sold off during the longest resource "boom" any state has seen aside from WA and you want to crow about the ALP's efforts - FMD !!!

Ohh and Mark - that was a piss weak effort. Pony up or get someone who can do the biz.
    I haven't forgotten = Once Bob Carr chucked it in NSW ended up being run by imbeciles ........ & were then replaced by another imbecile -
    As I said .. I cant comment on education .
    There are funding issues across this country when it comes to health ........ we have a aging population which becomes a drain on the hospital system - this is not unique to Qld . My daughter became ill while up here on holidays & I certainly had no complaints about her stay at the Childrens hospital ......... except the cost to park there!.
    A hell of a lot of money is being spent on Qld infrastructure ...... & as for broke - how much have the natural disasters cost Qld over the past few years ? ( I'm sure a few royalties have been gobbled up by them)

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

You - just like too many others get on the band wagon that everything is so bad up here
    I love this state and don't think everything is bad up here just the govt that is ruining it,I've lived here all my life and seen a lot of good and bad so don't preech the band wagon crap to me.

Try living in a regional area that doesn't have a labour sitting mp and see what you think of the way things are done and what services you get and don't go on with the it's your choice crap either,and to add to that a labour mp stated the GSSMP and claimed quote This is my best work yet!! when he created it with red cross hatched lines through the yellow zones to allow netting to continue in it!! but then failed to face his constituents when the public meetings were held to discuss it publicly!! It was Andrew Macnamara and he got voted out at the next election and rightly so.
    Fisheries ........ well I agree that something needs to be done - i'm an advocate for a RFL & the buyout of netters who fish the estuaries........... A government with any smarts would do it - But it wont come from the LNP either..
    Yep I'm all for a RFL and have been for a long time and way before you moved up here!!
    Yep I'd agree with that
    Roads - The road network is SE Qld
    what about us further north we pay taxes and have to drive on the roads too,but not a lot of votes here so bad luck we wont spend to much on regional roads all the votes are down here in SE QLD.

..I note that your business has been influenced & bolsted by the successful SIP scheme that was introduced by the current Labor government
    I was involved in fish stocking in our dams long before the SIP scheme was introduced and again long before you and many other were even fish QLD dams and have given plenty of my time and money on top of the sips and yeh the labour govt did a good thing with the sips no problem there but if you saying another govt wouldn't have done the same if you are your kidding yourself.
    And by the way I haven't done a charter on a dam for over 12 months due to the state of the fisheries,I wont take money from people to catch no fish or very small fish others will but I wont and all my work has been done in a Marine Park that is netted on a daily/weekly basis for sportfish species that go to cat food and I have to fill out Marine Park reports yet a commercial fisher doesn't and can do and go where they like!! I continually report them for speeding in the go slow areas yet nothing is done!!!
    As for Bob Katter ........ well , are you trying to demonstrate your ignorance .
    No I believe your demonstrating your's by not considering an alternative to the wasteful govt we have at this point in time,I suppose you think the federal Labour govt is do a good job too! now there's some ignorance!!

Not sure if you actually looked at the figures I posted earlier re;fish numbers and commercial value of them but if you think that's acceptable considering they are coming from a Marine Park that the Labour Govt introduced you are showing your ignorance!!

If you don't like it the border is about an hour south of Brisbane and I suggest you use it!! and I certainly don't need you telling me how to vote in a state I was born and lived my entire life so far in.

Don't bother replying as I wont be returning a reply again I have better things to do with my time than replying to any one that supports a govt that is destroying this great state with massive debt and mismanagement.

Mark as I've asked you elsewhere can you please tell me/us IF the LNP WILL continue to support the Netting of yellow zones in Marine Parks of our tourist attracting sport fish species??? it's a pretty simple question surely a yes or no isn't that hard for you to manage ,the above info you've provide is just political spin so how about some definite policy so we can make an informed decision.

Paul

Strategic directions statement about fishing ... specific policy and announcements to follow very soon ...

The LNP and Recreational Fishing in Queensland Waters

Fishing is one of the most popular pastimes in Queensland, with an estimated 750,000 recreational fishers in this state, who contribute $1.5 billion to the State’s economy. The LNP has consistently stood for fair outcomes for recreational fishers and boaties. Only the LNP can turn back the tide against Labor’s anti-fishing and politically driven policies.
    LABOR HAS FAILED RECREATIONAL FISHERS & BOATIES
    Labor has largely ignored Queensland’s recreational fishers and has sold out their right to fish sustainably for preferences deals with the Greens. Who could forget Labor’s snapper bans that Labor MP’s voted for in the Queensland parliament? Labor and the Greens are secretly planning more bans and closures that will further strip away the rights of recreational fishers. Further, under Labor governments, the cost to fish has risen sharply and will continue if they are re-elected.
    THE LNP AND RECREATIONAL FISHING
    While we will have specific announcements throughout the State election campaign, there are several strategic directions that the LNP is committed to.
    1. The LNP stands for Full Consultation with Rec Fishers. We have been listening to Queensland’s recreational fishers. As the Shadow Minister for Fisheries and Marine Infrastructure I have travelled across the State meeting with rec fishers and representative groups to understand their concerns and perspectives. An LNP government will consult widely and continuously with the fishing public and ensure that their views are heard.
    2. The LNP stands for Fair Access for Rec Fishers. If rec fishers fish responsibly and sustainably, they don’t need to be increasingly banned from, and locked out of, large sections of inshore waters as the Bligh government is doing. We continue to stand for sustainable fishing and protecting our marine environment, but without locking out rec fishers as the Bligh government has done and will continue to do.
    3. The LNP stands for Sustainable Fishing. A large number of recreational fishers remain angered by Labor’s green politics and question the evidence-base for excluding recreational fishers from some fish-rich areas. The LNP is committed to “no new marine parks and fishing closures” and to maintain the existing three state marine parks.
    4. The LNP will invest in boating and marine infrastructure so that local communities have the boat ramps, pontoons and fishing platforms that they need.
    5. The LNP stands for a Viable and Sustainable Seafood Industry and to reducing pressures created by overfishing - where it can be demonstrated.
    The LNP is committed to Recreational Fishing policy that is sensible and sustainable, and that:
    • Gives local people a proper say in decisions that affect their community, and
    • Allows recreational fishing access to inshore and inland waters at fair and sustainable levels, and
    • Protects our marine environment.
    It’s time for a change, and we can only change Queensland by changing to an LNP CanDo government – a government that plans carefully and acts purposefully
    Appalling, truly appalling this close to the election date.

Reading this has confirmed for me a fear that very little will change under the LNP government in terms of recreational fishing. The problem is a lot might have changed under a Greens controlled ALP government.

Banging on about consulting with Rec Anglers means nothing to me, the other mob consulted with Rec Anglers to, to an extent, and then ignored their input and did much of what the Greens wanted.

My personal wish list for the change to marine parks is small. The main thing I want is a government who understands the meaning of both words in the term 'Sustainable Fishing'. That is to try to allow anglers to keep fishing in a way that is sustainable. 'Sustainable Fishing' is not about Green zones. That is 'Sustainable Banning'.

And I want to know that if I accidentally drift across an unmarked border into a green zone whilst fishing that I am not going to have the book thrown at me. I am not the best at knowing precisely where I am on the water in terms of invisible boundaries. What is fair and reasonable is to be warned, not fined.

From what I have read and conversations I have had, it seems that many of the green zones around SEQ are unwarranted. The idea of 1 rod per angler in a green zone appeals to me, because then I don't have to give myself a migraine trying to work out what side of the invisible line I'm on. But I won't hold my breath now that any commonsense solutions will come from the LNP.

Paul.... that Yellow Zone zoning.... in the GSSMP... is a big issue that needs to be attended to asap.

It's the only Yellow Zone in the world that allows commercial netting..... WTF ?

The Tourism industry in Hervey Bay / GSSMP could be phenomenal re:- guided fishing etc.............. but it appears the powers that be, have no idea and are going for the quick buck.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Apart from the obvious where's the policy, I'd like to know how the LNP got from this in their 2009 Rec Fishing Policy (yes they did have one then)

The LNP will:
    1. Increase compensation to be paid to commercial fishers from $15M to $20M.
    2. Keep all proposed zones in place while an LNP Governmentconducts a full independent scientific analysis of the basis of zonings.
    3. Provide $3m for the study, to be completed within 12 months.
    4. In the interim, limited fishing by recreational fishers would be authorised within zones on the following basis: a. Allow recreational fishing only with one line in ALL green zones. b. No change to the proposed two lines in ALL yellow zones.
    5. These interim arrangements would remain in place until the
    studywas complete and permanent arrangements based on the findings of the study implemented.”

To this in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    The LNP is committed to “no new marine parks and fishing closures” and to maintain the existing three state marine parks
    What has happened to make the LNP step back from having a study on our green zones by independent scientists and implementing changes and reductions of the zones based on their findings, and in the meantime allowing rec anglers to fish in the green zones with one hook and line........to having MP Mark make a committment to maintain the marine parks?
    To me this is very concerning when you consider the LNP will easily win the election. This will be the next Qld Government so anglers need some certainty. Why would they reduce their support for rec anglers at this time? Has the LNP backfliped and now agrees with the size and possition of Labor's green zones? I bloody hope not.

A few of you guys should take a good hard look too. The single biggest beef most on this site were complaining about a few years ago was the introduction of Labor's "Green Zones", the size of them and how they came to be there. Now some of the loudest protesters against the green zones appear very quiet now that the LNP have committed to maintaining them, weak as.......

BTW. a bit of a burst from the LNP, 71 policies out now but still no rec fishing policy

Paul.... that Yellow Zone zoning.... in the GSSMP... is a big issue that needs to be attended to asap.

It's the only Yellow Zone in the world that allows commercial netting..... WTF ?

The Tourism industry in Hervey Bay / GSSMP could be phenomenal re:- guided fishing etc.............. but it appears the powers that be, have no idea and are going for the quick buck.

LP

Phill yes on all counts!! and we can thank a Labour govt that calls us the SMART State for that!!!! and to think some people that fish seem to think they are doing a good job talk about Ignorance!! we are trying up here but no one wants to listen not even the LNP that want to win govt and must think they are a certainty!!! I'm hopefully having a meeting with 2 Katter candidates very soon,as I've said for years someone will listen and do something one day I just hope it's not left until it's too late for the area to recover.
    I created this and try to keep it updated as best I can http://www.facebook.com/pages/Angler...02953239771316

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Dolan View Post
    I love this state and don't think everything is bad up here just the govt that is ruining it,I've lived here all my life and seen a lot of good and bad so don't preech the band wagon crap to me.

Try living in a regional area that doesn't have a labour sitting mp and see what you think of the way things are done and what services you get and don't go on with the it's your choice crap either,and to add to that a labour mp stated the GSSMP and claimed quote This is my best work yet!! when he created it with red cross hatched lines through the yellow zones to allow netting to continue in it!! but then failed to face his constituents when the public meetings were held to discuss it publicly!! It was Andrew Macnamara and he got voted out at the next election and rightly so.

Yep I'm all for a RFL and have been for a long time and way before you moved up here!!
    Yep I'd agree with that what about us further north we pay taxes and have to drive on the roads too,but not a lot of votes here so bad luck we wont spend to much on regional roads all the votes are down here in SE QLD.

I was involved in fish stocking in our dams long before the SIP scheme was introduced and again long before you and many other were even fish QLD dams and have given plenty of my time and money on top of the sips and yeh the labour govt did a good thing with the sips no problem there but if you saying another govt wouldn't have done the same if you are your kidding yourself.
    And by the way I haven't done a charter on a dam for over 12 months due to the state of the fisheries,I wont take money from people to catch no fish or very small fish others will but I wont and all my work has been done in a Marine Park that is netted on a daily/weekly basis for sportfish species that go to cat food and I have to fill out Marine Park reports yet a commercial fisher doesn't and can do and go where they like!! I continually report them for speeding in the go slow areas yet nothing is done!!!
    No I believe your demonstrating your's by not considering an alternative to the wasteful govt we have at this point in time,I suppose you think the federal Labour govt is do a good job too! now there's some ignorance!!

Not sure if you actually looked at the figures I posted earlier re;fish numbers and commercial value of them but if you think that's acceptable considering they are coming from a Marine Park that the Labour Govt introduced you are showing your ignorance!!

If you don't like it the border is about an hour south of Brisbane and I suggest you use it!! and I certainly don't need you telling me how to vote in a state I was born and lived my entire life so far in.

Don't bother replying as I wont be returning a reply again I have better things to do with my time than replying to any one that supports a govt that is destroying this great state with massive debt and mismanagement.

Mark as I've asked you elsewhere can you please tell me/us IF the LNP WILL continue to support the Netting of yellow zones in Marine Parks of our tourist attracting sport fish species??? it's a pretty simple question surely a yes or no isn't that hard for you to manage ,the above info you've provide is just political spin so how about some definite policy so we can make an informed decision.

Paul

I know you'll read this Paul ...... but you really do need to realise that Queensland is growing up - it's becoming less of a back block state and more like their southern counterparts - whether you like it or not . I'm sure you would love the place to go back to what it was like under Joe . Thankfully we have moved on from there!!!!.
    Me ..... I'm Australian & I have an appreciation of both my birth state & my adopted state - I can compare Qld against 3 other states that I have spent a considerable amount of time in & the one thing that stands true is that regional services / infrastructure is no different in NSW , Vic , SA or Qld - do you really expect money to be poured into regional centers at the same levels as the South East ??? It never happens! - Mind you .... go to places like Gladstone , Mackay , Townsville & Cairns and you will find facilities as good as anywhere in any other regional center in Australia . The regional road situation is no worst than any other state ...... Just take the road south of Woolongong down to the Victorian boarder & then continue around Lakes Entrance - through Melb & then off to Adelaide ......... not exactly a brilliant piece of road (far from it!) yet part of our National Hwy So while you sit back in paradise & dream of days gone by - you might just realise that your lot in life is no worst than anyone else living in rural / regional Australia. I'm really sure you had a lot more 20 years ago
    As for Katter - he would have us all pouring E10 into our cars & boats so his cockie mates can plant more sugar cane ........ no thanks

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    As for Katter - he would have us all pouring E10 into our cars & boats so his cockie mates can plant more sugar cane ........ no thanks

Chris
    That, I can agree with............. this E10 stuff is bad in so many ways. ATM.

Caner farmers should be seriously looking at Stevia:-

http://www.stevia.com/

and

http://www.stevia.net/

In our ever increasing obese society, this could just be a god send. ???

LP

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    That, I can agree with............. this E10 stuff is bad in so many ways. ATM.

Caner farmers should be seriously looking at Stevia:-

http://www.stevia.com/

and

http://www.stevia.net/

In our ever increasing obese society, this could just be a god send. ???

LP
    E10 is one of the greatest smoke & mirrors approach to renewable energy that has been thrust upon us in recent years ......... The only true beneficieries are the cane growers & distillers / fuel companies.
    The benefits to the general public are miniscule at best ..... but likely to be detremental . The cost benefit is negative with only a few cents saved per litre but a loss in fuel economy that runs at between 10-15% (over 95 RON) - which means you burn more fuel anyway . We are actually better off running our cars on PULP petrol .... it cost's more but the economy is improved . I know when I did the comparison on a Subaru Liberty the car got a 20% improvement in fuel economy going from E10 to PULP ..... for a cost penalty of (at that time) approx 10% (80km more out of a tank of fuel).
    Let's not even consider the potential damage that is done - particularly to older engines.

Anyhow - I digress ....... but a bloke with special interests like BK is just as dangerous as someone like Bob Brown

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Brown = Katter ... dbl lol

Would that be having ya .......... 2 Bobs worth ????????????

hahahahahahaha I crack me up

LP