Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Arrow Re: LNP Fishing policy

On the left Lampy
    Does he have a Fishing Policy the LNP can use

Re: LNP Fishing policy

dunno, i suppose he would have to ask bob first wouldnt he?

Thumbs up Re: LNP Fishing policy

Dunno Lampy , lemme check with Palmer and that development donater , and i'll git bak 2 U

http://www.coolestone.com/files/dd3a39a4c299dfdd.gif

Who cares...even if it never gets produced pre-election.

Who not sniffing spray cans of model aeroplane glue could deny the LNPs fishing policy WILL be better/better/best for the all Anglers because it simply cannot be worse than the ALP has been capable of already at every term in office on all environmental/primary industry policies....the only outlier in my mind is how many zealot fundamentalist cast into legislation already will be repealed, the whole slate needs to be wiped super clean and started over... from access permission to land and water for ANY do no balance of harm activity to what is considered 'sporting'.

We don't need watering down anymore we need some back to the future action devoid of any of the schizophrenia driven ultra green ideology Bligh and her minions where adept at bowing to throughout her reign as blinkered high priestess savior of the earth at every cost.

Down with any and all future zealot fundamentalist politics and up with responsible retrospective governance IMO.

Just to give a brief history I've been writing to the ALP for about 81/2 years asking questions re; the netting of Sportfish species here in Hervey Bay as well as asking the LNP the same questions.
    In the last month I've received reply's from the Premier and Wallace as well as Jarrat and a few others along the line,I've had fisheries administrators call me and they all try to feed me the same BULL Sh!t,
    Below is some extracts from various emails over the last month or so to various people I've been trying to work with to stop the slaughter of Sportfish species that are big tourism drawcards

Hi All I received this one today from Jan Jarratt, at least I'm getting reply's from the Labour Party!!
    This was a document reply from Tourism Minister Jan Jarratt but I haven't put in in here.

Still waiting for a reply from the LNP I've written to Newman and Seeny and have had nothing back and also waiting on something from Ted[local member for Hervey Bay] and Mark about the question I asked in the following statement

Ted and Mark could you please answer this question to assist myself and others to make a decision in our choice of a political party to vote for! is it in the LNP Fisheries Policy to allow the continuation of the slaughter of tourism attracting sport fish species to continue here in Hervey Bay and the GSS Marine Park?

Still no answer to this question!!!!

With only 6 weeks or so left until the election I'd like to hear your opinions on this very important matter that effects my business and many others businesses that are stakeholders in what is a big part of tourism here in Hervey Bay.

"Whales Aren't the Only Marine Species to Wave there Tails at Tourists"

It would be nice to get some sort of reply from the LNP

[Part of a reply to a question I was asked]
    To be honest Scott I'm sick of asking the big two parties questions and being ignored or fed bullshit but I will say at least the ALP have replied to me and that's more than I can say for the LNP,I haven't had one single reply from them.
    But it would be good if others sent emails asking questions as well!!

I've been speaking to lots of people through work in the shop and they are all sick of what is happening to Hervey Bay's fish stocks and that the LNP member is doing nothing to help fishing related tourism especially the netting of Barra and Salmon in the Mary and Burrum systems with many of them very upset about this continuation of netting in the rivers and the bay in yellow zones!! and agree with them that Katter's Australian Party looks like the way to go to try and get something done in this place in regards to netting in the Marine Park yellow zones.

I find it really disappointing that Ted hasn't bothered to reply considering I voted for him and have been giving him copies of most of the stuff I've sent to the ALP over the last couple of years,and it confirms to me these people go into politics to help themselves and not do good the the greater community as they claim to.

Campbell Newman or Jeff Seeney haven't botherd to reply to me either so I must ask is that part of the LNP plan to ignore people wanting answers to help them decide on a political party to vote for? or do you just think your going to win?

It's starting to look like the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

I did get this reply from Mark Robinson

Dear Paul and Scott,
    The hard work of myself and others within the LNP to consult widely with rec fishing clubs and groups and individual fishers will soon be evident as the LNPs fishing policy is announced.

[Didn't come to Hervey Bay and meet with us Sportfishing and other tourist operators that rely on sport fish to try and get national and international clients hooked up]

I make no apology for taking the time to consult widely, get it right, to continue to hold meetings (even this week with key fishing groups) and to wait for the most appropriate in the election proper to make our commitments.
    While Labor and the Greens have continued to take away fishing rights, the LNP has been the continual and strong voice holding them to account.
    Other minority political voices have come on the scence more recently and without careful consideration simplistically and irresponsibly told rec fishers they can have it all and have it now. But their promises will never happen. [I doubt the LNP promises will either]
    So I simply ask you to be a little more patient.
    Regards,
    Mark

Below is a extract from an email I was sent listing the sportfish species weights and value that are netted from the GSSMP,now I'm no great economist but blind freddy could see that the tourism value of all of those species would far outweigh the commercial effort especially considering we are only about 4 hours from a major city athat has international flights daily and we don't have crocodiles.

To be attributed to a Fisheries Queensland spokesperson

In 2008-09, commercial fishers in the Great Sandy Strait Marine Park caught 2.4 tonnes of barramundi valued at $22, 239; 528kg of herring valued at $1061; 4.3 tonnes of Queen fish valued at $13, 004; 4.5 tonnes of dart valued at $13, 554; 6.6 tonnes of threadfin valued at $28, 383; and 13.1 tonnes of trevally valued at $33, 613.

In 2009-10, commercial fishers in the Great Sandy Strait Marine Park caught 6.3 tonnes of barramundi valued at $57, 784; 3.1 tonnes of herring valued at $6333; 9.6 tonnes of Queen fish valued at $28, 827; 16.6 tonnes of dart valued at $49, 799; 24.3 tonnes of threadfin valued at $102, 932; and 35.6 tonnes of trevally valued at $97, 366.

In 2010-2011, commercial fishers in the Great Sandy Strait Marine Park caught 17.8 tonnes of barramundi valued at $163, 728; 2.9 tonnes of herring valued at $5774; 7 tonnes of Queen fish valued at $20, 837; 5.9 tonnes of dart valued at $17, 744; 22 tonnes of threadfin valued at $93, 895; and 38 tonnes of trevally valued at $101, 410.

Background

Catch data was unable to specify golden trevally, giant herring and snub nosed dart as logbook data did not always include the species; therefore, total figures for trevally, dart and herring have been provided.

Think back on the above figures when you put pen to paper on election day it's not only happening here it's in your fishing grounds too!!! and both of the big parties support the continuation of this senseless slaughter.

I know who I wont be voting for.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by lampuki View Post
    Is that greg combet in that photo?
    that's Andrew Fraser

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I just realised that the LNP has released the " fisheries plan ". You see fellas, that piece in the media did not state where and to whom the ' plan ' wouild be released.

Now, if the LNP... via Mark released the plan, into campbells hands / office, then it is now considered..... released.

IF, Mark had stated that he or the LNP would release the policy / plan " to the public or for the public ", then it has become an issue, but he did not. So it is with a sigh of relief and a deep breath of sarcasim, that Mark Robinson has offically released the plan and did not lie. I can get a good nights sleep now knowing that we can move on from the finger pointing and accusations and head into the next 30 days, pre election, comfortable that we have not been lied to and we will certainly have a " publicly " released Fishing Plan / Policy soon.

Cheers.............
    You can cover a t#rd with chocolate all you want mate but it will still smell like sh#t.

Congratulations Phill, you have now overtaken Timmy and lead the count in apologising for, and making excuses for MP Mark.

BTW How come if one mob do it, it's called uncovering information the voters need to know about, but when the other mob do it it's called mudslinging? Has it been released by the Australian Newspaper (not exactly a friend of the ALP) how they came by that info on the developer's cash donations to Campbell? I hope you're all aware that it was old Nationals in the LNP that kept tipping off the Courier Mail about Campbell's sus business dealings before Xmas.........mmmmmmmm who stands to gain the most if the LNP win the election but Campbell fails to win Ashgrove?

PS 63 new policies on the LNP website but no fishing yet

Palmer has not given Can Do permission and Can Do has not given permission to Mark,nothing hard to comprehend about that.

Clive is to busy taking the world to court to worry about letting the party he owns inform Fisho's about whats in it for them.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Clive is not interested in the LNP at the moment..he has Frank Lowy in his sights.
    I saw an ad on the tele just now..Pete carrying on.working for some channel on the election coverage..well Pete..gunna tell us about you and Merri Rose?
    or shall we dwell on the ALP's list of jailed paedophiles?

This mud slinging crap is exactly that..and I . for one, am oover it. i don't care what business dealings Newman has..or Anna's hubby in his position.

NO ONE.. of any Party is offering a better deal to any Queenslander..we are being treated like fools by all of them.

We are destrined to more crap instigated by a bunch of incompetents regardless of Party.

Who not sniffing spray cans of model aeroplane glue could deny the LNPs fishing policy WILL be better/better/best for the all Anglers because it simply cannot be worse than the ALP has been capable of already at every term in office on all environmental/primary industry policies....the only outlier in my mind is how many zealot fundamentalist cast into legislation already will be repealed, the whole slate needs to be wiped super clean and started over... from access permission to land and water for ANY do no balance of harm activity to what is considered 'sporting'.

We don't need watering down anymore we need some back to the future action devoid of any of the schizophrenia driven ultra green ideology Bligh and her minions where adept at bowing to throughout her reign as blinkered high priestess savior of the earth at every cost.
    Yep, pretty well spot on...... Although I believe the LNP will follow the same path as the ALP and continue shafting fisho's.

I firmly believe that the Aus Party is our only hope for significant change. http://www.ausparty.org.au/

Save our state.

Thumbs up Re: LNP Fishing policy

I don't think Mark-LNP-M.I.A. will still have the Fisheries Portfolio after the Election
    Mark my words

Lightbulb Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    This mud slinging crap is exactly that..and I . for one, am oover it. i don't care what business dealings Newman has..or Anna's hubby in his position.
    Your probably too young to remember the brown paper bags , and white shoe brigade Pin
    Terry Lewis who?

I forgive you.

Maybe the faceless men of the LNP are pulling Marks strings

Oh yeah..... 1 more policy added today to the LNP website, not the Fishing Policy though

imo , More like the Big , Fat & Ugly dude

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    imo , More like the Big , Fat & Ugly dude
    who? Bill Ludwig..the faceless man behind the Qld ALP