Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Personally, I do not believe that the LNP will do much for fishing, if anything.

The LNP will roll over on Fisho's just just like they did to shooters.

We now have both sides of politics listening to us; please note, I did say listening which does not include taking any notice of.

Last week in Parliament while debating the amendments to The Weapons Act, Mr LANGBROEK (Surfers Paradise,LNP)had this to say: ‘..In preparing for this debate I have had feedback from numerous stakeholders, the Shooters Union Queensland, firearms dealers in Queensland, the Law Abiding Firearm Owners Inc., the Queensland Rifle Association, and pistol clubs and constituents of many members,. ‘
    Later in his speech although he did not acknowledge us he quoted directly from our submission.
    bUT, in the final analysis, when the totality of this speech and other LNP speeches is read they make it clear that they WILL NOT OPPOSE THE BILL. The LNP will be voting for the Bill, in total and without exception.
    http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/documents/hansard/2011/2011_09_08_DAILY.pdf Page 2922

It will be interesting to see how the Independents vote, and especially Aidan McLindon, the member for Beaudesert who has recently joined with Katter’s Australian Party.

Rather than allow our elected members of parliament to hide behind anonymity, we would like to force them to make their vote public and for that vote to be recorded in Hansard. To this end we phoned Liz Cunningham, the independent member for Gladstone. (Remember this courageous woman? She stood alone and voted against the amendments to the Weapons Act in 1996 which resulted in registration, compulsory club membership, the requirement for fixed term licences, PTAs etc). We asked if she would call for a division, so that the names of each and every individual who votes for this Bill is recorded - useful at the next election. She said that she already planned to do so but to have the names of those voting against the bill recorded, there have to be five votes against. The debate on this Bill will continue next sitting day - Tuesday 11th October, so to try to ensure that there are five voting against please contact your local politician, by phone, email, or letter, advising her/him to vote against the bill for these reasons:
    1 increased penalties do not solve crimes
    2 banning knives does not solve a knife problem; it only places restrictions on law abiding members of the community
    3 all of the increased regulations on firearms do nothing to make the community safer, or to prevent or solve weapons crimes. They only place restrictions on the law abiding.
    This will take you to a complete list of all Queensland politicians. http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/documents/Members/mailingLists/MEMLIST.pdf

Is the Labor Party listening to us? Remember, I am only talking about listening.
    Last week we received a letter from the Police Minister’s office granting two concessions. Both of these concessions emanated from our discussions with the Minister and our letters to him.
    The first concession is that we are to be given access to Australasian Police Ministers’ Council (APMC) resolutions. These resolutions are often used as the excuse for the increased regulation of firearm users; apart from the original resolutions in 1996 which followed Port Arthur, we have never before been given access to these resolutions. As we were advised in the Minister’s letter these ‘ resolutions are not generally made available to the public.’ However the letter goes on to say that ‘ steps are being taken to obtain approval for the release of the information that you (Shooters Union) have requested.’ As far as we can establish, no other shooting organisation has previously been able to gain access to these resolutions.

The second concession is that the Queensland Police Service (QPS) is preparing a brief which will include the justification and evidence supporting any new changes to the Weapons Act. At a recent meeting with the Minister, the idea of a brief was put forward as a solution to our question about the need for all the changes. Both the Minister and the Inspector from WLB agreed that the brief would be a massive undertaking, but that it would be done.

Copies of both the APMC resolutions and the brief are to be made available to us and the other members of the review committee before the review committee meets. If these concessions come to fruition, they will be major advances. Before the review committee meets, we should know what decisions the police ministers have made and also what changes are proposed for the Weapons Act along with the justification and evidence supporting those changes: a significant achievement for Shooters Union.

A final but extremely important word - the only reason Shooters Union is being taken seriously and making advances, is because of the activities of its members. If you were not writing letters and emails or making phone calls to politicians we as an executive would not be taken seriously. Your work is essential, it is the foundation on which Shooters Union is built. Please keep up the good work, we have them listening, now let’ s get them working.

thank you,
    The LNP voted with the Government to a man to place further restrictions on law abiding shooters. Some of these restrictions involved knives and may effect fisho's because now, you could be charged with a criminal offence if caught sitting at a boat ramp playing with a knife.

As I said,,,IMO all Mr Robinson's credibilty has gone.
    Who would put any faith in anything he says in the future.
    There is no justification for giving the undertaking,,, repeatedly,,,to release LNP policy and failing to do so.
    Its now too late, the lie is evident, even if a policy were released now I would have no reason to believe it was truthful.

Forest.......and .......trees

Mole Hills and Mountains

Glass houses......and...blinkers

I see Anna has climbed great heights and reached UP into the gutter in her lastest muckracking ad. Maybe she should concentrate on her and the State ALP achievements, instead of slinging shite at the would-be Premier. But then again........... doing what you do best can be considered a career path.......

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Some of us arn't mushrooms Black Rat

From the Redlands Times in NOV 2011

"Mr Robinson said his party would release details of its fisheries plan as soon as Premier Anna Bligh announced the state election. He denied the LNP was planning to forgo the environmental preservation of marine green areas to buy votes."
    I just realised that the LNP has released the " fisheries plan ". You see fellas, that piece in the media did not state where and to whom the ' plan ' wouild be released.

Now, if the LNP... via Mark released the plan, into campbells hands / office, then it is now considered..... released.

IF, Mark had stated that he or the LNP would release the policy / plan " to the public or for the public ", then it has become an issue, but he did not. So it is with a sigh of relief and a deep breath of sarcasim, that Mark Robinson has offically released the plan and did not lie. I can get a good nights sleep now knowing that we can move on from the finger pointing and accusations and head into the next 30 days, pre election, comfortable that we have not been lied to and we will certainly have a " publicly " released Fishing Plan / Policy soon.

You see, a tipple of Russia's finest is all it takes to clear a path through the forest to sight the wonderment of the trees.

" Shiver me timbers Capt'n, 'tis a long journey we face."

Cheers.............

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I just realised that the LNP has released the " fisheries plan ". You see fellas, that piece in the media did not state where and to whom the ' plan ' wouild be released.

Now, if the LNP... via Mark released the plan, into campbells hands / office, then it is now considered..... released.

IF, Mark had stated that he or the LNP would release the policy / plan " to the public or for the public ", then it has become an issue, but he did not. So it is with a sigh of relief and a deep breath of sarcasim, that Mark Robinson has offically released the plan and did not lie. I can get a good nights sleep now knowing that we can move on from the finger pointing and accusations and head into the next 30 days, pre election, comfortable that we have not been lied to and we will certainly have a " publicly " released Fishing Plan / Policy soon.

You see, a tipple of Russia's finest is all it takes to clear a path through the forest to sight the wonderment of the trees.

Cheers.............
    You sure you only had one tipple Phill.
    Shawn

Cheers.............
    good grief..now he will think he is on the Red October

Forest.......and .......trees

Mole Hills and Mountains

Glass houses......and...blinkers

I see Anna has climbed great heights and reached UP into the gutter in her lastest muckracking ad. Maybe she should concentrate on her and the State ALP achievements, instead of slinging shite at the would-be Premier. But then again........... doing what you do best can be considered a career path.......

LP

Yeah, this is shows everything about Anna Bligh, dosesnt it???
    I mean, just imagine if Mark Robinson had been on here for the last 6 months slinging mud at the Labor party and not putting forward their own strengths. The LNP is just a fantastic, honest, bunch of blokes. At least we know MR and CN wont lower themselves to mud slinging, they will release their policy and let it speak volumes of their strength!

Oh..... sorry, I was still dreaming, I havent quite woke up yet!

Big difference, Homer, between slinging mud at policy and lack of fibre,,,,, and getting personal............ the ALP have always gone down the personal attack track because they know the IQ devoid minions of the labor movement will only see a person to vote for ( or not ),..............

If you look at it from a distance..... CN is actually just a member of the public ( he holds no office ) and for a Government to produce garbage personal credibility attacks on and in the mainstream media is typically showing their inability to rely on their performance as a Government to convince the hordes they deserve another shot.

8 members of the Qld cabinet have already jumped ship.... does that tell you anything ???

As for Kate Bones pulling the pin on a Ministery to simply concentrate on getting herself re-elected is mindblowing. How selfish can one get ? She is saying... screw my portfolio, I need to get re-elected to save my job....... she is not saying... I need to get re-elected to continue my work in the portfolio I was entrusted with.

Credibility = 0
    Performance = 0
    Endurance = 0
    Ego = 10
    Self-interest = 10

I am still amazed Anna let this go on............. maybe it is a " girls secret business thing ".

LP

I hate it , Gazza, when you know I am right and you " dislike " it.

Exclamation Re: LNP Fishing policy

Mark my words , feed the chooks , don't you worry about that !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

What about the State LNP slinging mud at Capt Bligh for "jobs for the boys" (eg hubby)????

What about State LNP slinging mud at Terry Mackenroth for "development approvals" ????

What about Federal Libs slinging mud at Kruddy for his wife owning an employment agency, and a conflict of interest???

Trust me, they are all in it for themselves...... eveyone has their price! (ok MOST).

So I am not interested in hearing about the "holier than thou" LNP.... or the ALP for that matter.
    Too many people have their "party politics" blinkers on!

Maybe MORE people should vote for the individual, their character and what they stand for, instead of the party. Only problem is, the individual will always be asked to toe the party line anyway...... no matter what they believe.
    Even the National Party has to toe the line now days..... poor old Joe would be rolling over in his grave! (what a shadow of its former self is the NATS)

Yes Homer, Capt Bilghs jobs etc etc etc ( which are all true and the epitomy of cronyism) all related to a person that was or is holding public office. CN does not hold any public office..............

Not taking sides, just pointing out the depths of despair the ALP are reaching in the faint hope of keeping a couple of seats come March 31.

Yes, I think all of us would like to see a return to values and morals in our political system.

cheers phill

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Mark my words , feed the chooks , don't you worry about that !!!
    must be cut and paste day at Kindy today.

might be crayon day tomorrow.

Thumbs up Re: LNP Fishing policy

Just the same old LNP malarkey , from the LNP hacks
    LNP Fishing Policy is in the "too hard" basket , code named ATLANTIS
    Charter boat , what Charter boat.
    Anyways , Let's ALL sing along with Mark & Campbell

http://www.coolestone.com/files/dd3a39a4c299dfdd.gif

Is that greg combet in that photo?
    Attached Images Attached Images