Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

DATE LINE SAIGON........ MARK ROBINSON & LNP REC FISHING POLICY LISTED AS M.I.A ..........
    After reading the latest B&B mag (Mar 2012 ) I was shocked to find that the LNP rec fishing policy is no more than the mealy mouthed diatribe that has been posted by Mark here for months (/years/decades???). Now apparently the policy will be released DURING the election campaign. ( Note to Mark , that gunshot type thingy ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO was the starters pistol for the start of the election ).
    After his & his cheer squads continual assertions that they would release policy , closer to the election ,err umm , when the election was called , err umm , because that bully " Anna Lie " or one of them " Nasty bushwhacking Greens " would jump out of a dark alley and steal it. Well now we are 3 weeks in whats the current excuse? Perhaps one of you should MAN UP & apologize to members of this board. Labors " policy" was similar dribbbe without the invective. The only actual policy was put forward by Katters party.

Only 2 entities have emerged from the article with any dignity. Katters party for actually having a policy & B&B mag for not headlining the Labor & Liberal waste of magazine space as " Policy Announcements.

D Day at the polling booth shortly Labor or Liberal ??? There will be a square for NONE OF THE ABOVE won't there?

Cheers Kevin

Can anyone tell me what is so special about the LNP's "FISHING POLICY" ?

Either it's an election breaker (negative) and the LNP are afraid of a close result ......

Or - is it a case of a potential government that has things to hide .

Chris

Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Bloody hell Gazza........... what am I going to write about now that I have a " liked " from you... ?? politics ?

What was the question again ???

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Well Chris,

I don't think it is a game breaker as there is no where enough fishos willing to cast their vote for a one off policy in regard to their pass-time / hobby.

The North Queensland and NT fishos are a more passionate bunch and tend to place their time on, near and in the water as a higher priority than a Plasma TV..

I don't have the answer, but surely giving the Department ( FQ ) more of a say in management of the fishery is a good start. Thing is, there are too many departments trying to rule the roost and too many involved in fisheries policy implimentation and management. The old EPA was a classic example of FQ being ridden rough shod over by the George Street Egos.......... too many decisions were made by the EPA in regard to Fisheries Management and they ( EPA ) failed miserably to clean up their own back yard... so to speak.

I would like to think the Rec Fishing policy compliments the other policies that CN has released and to supplement the Four Pillar Economy.... ie- have rec fishing and Tourism married into an portfolio that embraces the needs of the locals and enhances the visits of the tourists and at all times protecting and nuturing the environment and marine habitats. This can be achieved with a vision, a goal and a desire to lift this State from " nanny " status to Leader of the Pack.

Personally I select and follow the ethos of " incentives to achieve results ", one which an LNP ( CP , LP and NP ) from the past implimented with vigor and brought Queensland to the attention of the rest of this country as " the place to live ", hence the vast migration of " southeners " to the Sunshine State over the last ... generation..... maybe it worked too well and our own good fortune did not allow the infrastructure to keep pace ?

We ( Queendslanders' ) have a great opportunity come March 31 to seal the fate of this State for the next generation ( 3 elections at least ). We must not waste this right of passage on a fear of the unknown or a dislike of a personality. We must think objectively and seriously about what we need for our State, our Jobs, our Pass-times, our Security, our Family and our Future.

oh crap........... that sounded like a policy release........ sorry

LP

Correct me if i'm wrong but:

1. Didn't Labor first propose Green Zones in Moreton Bay to get preferences from the Greens 2 elections ago AND got there way ?
    2. Didn't CN as LM show up to SOBAs (Save Our Bay Association later ECOfishers QLD) first ever on water protest to speak at New Farm Park about the proposed Green Zones ? For those there a very frank speech. All parties were invited !.
    3. Did not then one Kate Jones endorse/implement these Green zones aS THE Enviro Minister for Labor?
    4. Did not the LNP press and expose some very questionable science behind our current situation (Green Zones in MBMP) at the last election ?
    5. Did not Minister Wallace put in place Snapper bans for 6 weeks last year and reduce bags limits from 5 to 4. Yet 3 weeks ago ALP Vicky Darling states Snapper stocks are on the improve !

I agree the LNP should be taking A stand and posting a policy soon ! C'mon Mark !

Damo

I really don't think you can blame Mark for the failure of the LNP to post the promised fishing policy. I think that Can Do has firmly muzzled his team. I hope he allows them some leeway after the election. Since Rudd bit the bullet there is no hope for Anna and the LNP should be set to impliment policies in the near future. Hopefully they are the ones I want to see.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I agree with horse and some other posts on here. I think they are too scared.

You only need to see what happend to the lnp candidate for broadwater to see that anything deemed as a risk will be elimanted prior to the election.

Quote Originally Posted by lampuki View Post
    You're probably right. Seeing the LNPs form in previous state elections, they're probably worried about some self-fulfilling prophecy that now things look like going their way....all their boots are gonna magically wind up in their mouths
    That said, with Mark dropping by on these boards previously, waving his big stick and yelling 'booga booga booga'....it certainly drummed up some LNP conversation starters....maybe that's all they really want?
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong but:

1. Didn't Labor first propose Green Zones in Moreton Bay to get preferences from the Greens 2 elections ago AND got there way ?
    2. Didn't CN as LM show up to SOBAs (Save Our Bay Association later ECOfishers QLD) first ever on water protest to speak at New Farm Park about the proposed Green Zones ? For those there a very frank speech. All parties were invited !.
    3. Did not then one Kate Jones endorse/implement these Green zones aS THE Enviro Minister for Labor?
    4. Did not the LNP press and expose some very questionable science behind our current situation (Green Zones in MBMP) at the last election ?
    5. Did not Minister Wallace put in place Snapper bans for 6 weeks last year and reduce bags limits from 5 to 4. Yet 3 weeks ago ALP Vicky Darling states Snapper stocks are on the improve !

I agree the LNP should be taking A stand and posting a policy soon ! C'mon Mark !

Damo

It's very easy to shout from the stands & be an arm chair strategist ......... However now that the LNP pretty well know that come the end of March they will have to take the field & play the game - they have gone all quiet ....... .even in some ways trying to convince everyone that they are not worthy .
    Funny lot that LNP!
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

You're probably right. Seeing the LNPs form in previous state elections, they're probably worried about some self-fulfilling prophecy that now things look like going their way....all their boots are gonna magically wind up in their mouths
    You may well have hit the nail on the head there. I can remember a string of stuff-ups be Bruce Flegg leading up to a previous election. If I was Newman I would be gagging everyone in case someone stuffed up an unlosable election. Even those that I considered competent would be banned from speaking unless absolutely necessary.

I, unfortunately agree with goat boy............

Did I tell you I am just about over politics ???????????????

LP

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Shawn,

I actually hit the waters off 1770 on Tuesday for a few hours and wasn't it good to get out of Brisvegas and away from all media

Greg,

My new tipple is “ Mule “....... Vodka and Gingerbeer pre-mix....

Mike D,

What can I say, if Mr Caldwell's incident was a one off or two, who cares, at least he may have been or not, having sex with the opposite gender............ as opposed to several members of the State and Federal governments. Maybe he broke a “ Commandment “, if one believes in that story. Was that Wong of me to say that ? It is an opinion and a belief of mine and despite that group espousing a word that denotes wrongdoing or indignation towards that group, they need to concentrate on what they are doing and any examples they are setting. Mr Bob B, a very Green guy has always and from the beginning, pushed hard to have his agenda forced upon the good people of Australia, in the form of same sex marriages.

Those that know Bob, know he isn't that enthusiastic about saving the trees, he just wanted to justify his position to the world and leave his mark on the Australian political landscape.

I mean.... Mr Caldwell's private life, to me, has nothing to do with his political aspirations, unless of course he seeks to justify his private life by interfering with the political system and bring about changes to suit his “ intimate “ moments.

I also mean, Craig Thompson buys up thousands of dollars worth of “ love you long time “ and is still enjoying the trappings of the Political Swill Trough. Go figure... OR... are we seeing a different standard by the ALP... and LNP ? Dunno....

Automatonophobia is the only phobia I have in relation to the political sphere.

Bring on Monday....... and March 31.

Cheers
    Do any good?
    Shawn

Not really Shawn. NE winds.... stupid run in the water and vermin abounded.

I did cover the bottom of the esky............just !

LP

Quote Originally Posted by lampuki View Post
    Scared of the reaction the Greens will have to their rec fishing policy........or scared of the reaction anglers will have to their rec fishing policy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Scared of the reaction the Greens will have to their rec fishing policy........or scared of the reaction anglers will have to their rec fishing policy?
    Hopefully its the greens backlash they are trying to avoid. if not we are in for another reaming
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"