Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Shawn,

I actually hit the waters off 1770 on Tuesday for a few hours and wasn't it good to get out of Brisvegas and away from all media.

Greg,

My new tipple is “ Mule “....... Vodka and Gingerbeer pre-mix....

Mike D,

What can I say, if Mr Caldwell's incident was a one off or two, who cares, at least he may have been or not, having sex with the opposite gender............ as opposed to several members of the State and Federal governments. Maybe he broke a “ Commandment “, if one believes in that story. Was that Wong of me to say that ? It is an opinion and a belief of mine and despite that group espousing a word that denotes wrongdoing or indignation towards that group, they need to concentrate on what they are doing and any examples they are setting. Mr Bob B, a very Green guy has always and from the beginning, pushed hard to have his agenda forced upon the good people of Australia, in the form of same sex marriages.

Those that know Bob, know he isn't that enthusiastic about saving the trees, he just wanted to justify his position to the world and leave his mark on the Australian political landscape.

I mean.... Mr Caldwell's private life, to me, has nothing to do with his political aspirations, unless of course he seeks to justify his private life by interfering with the political system and bring about changes to suit his “ intimate “ moments.

I also mean, Craig Thompson buys up thousands of dollars worth of “ love you long time “ and is still enjoying the trappings of the Political Swill Trough. Go figure... OR... are we seeing a different standard by the ALP... and LNP ? Dunno....

Automatonophobia is the only phobia I have in relation to the political sphere.

Bring on Monday....... and March 31.

Cheers
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Mike D,
    What can I say, if Mr Caldwell's incident was a one off or two, who cares, at least he may have been or not, having sex with the opposite gender............ as opposed to several members of the State and Federal governments. Maybe he broke a “ Commandment “, if one believes in that story. Was that Wong of me to say that ? It is an opinion and a belief of mine and despite that group espousing a word that denotes wrongdoing or indignation towards that group, they need to concentrate on what they are doing and any examples they are setting. Mr Bob B, a very Green guy has always and from the beginning, pushed hard to have his agenda forced upon the good people of Australia, in the form of same sex marriages.

Those that know Bob, know he isn't that enthusiastic about saving the trees, he just wanted to justify his position to the world and leave his mark on the Australian political landscape.
    /SIZE][/FONT] Cheers
    Phill I think you'll find the LNP discovered there was a bit more to it, MP Mark might care to fill you in.

As for Bob....you must be taking the p##s surely. I think you need another fluffly drink Phill

Those that know Bob, know he isn't that enthusiastic about saving the trees
    I would actually agree with that statement and go a step further to suggest that it applies to most people within the Greens party. No different to PETA, quite a few of whom couldn't give a stuff about animals and simply want to stir sh#t. Are the Greens policies designed to save the environment, or control what people can and can't do? The 2 things might overlap, but I often wonder which is the real driving force.

If we have a media that makes a big deal of trivia and we respond accordingly - it serves us right.

If we put too many people through uni with an arts degree that makes them only useful to a greens party or creating a disfunctional government rather than contributing something useful to society then we get what we deserve.

We have a society so hung up on touchy feely BS we really don't have any focus on what is important.

We are losing our manufacturing and creating industries and importing foods that should be grown here. Why do we not nurture and support ozzie made and grown? What the hell are we doing? We can't just live off mining.

We do not support the things we should and enthusiastically support the things we should not get all hung up about.

The media and the noisey minority propaganga machines are really making us lose the focus on what is important.

It is no surpirse a mining magnate buys up media shares - to try and stop the rot and BS they throw at us.

As for the fishing policy - give me at least three days to digest it before an election and make it clear and not political BS that can be twisted any way they please and i will be happy with that.
    Cheers

Trev

If Brown isn't realy interested in saving trees perhaps he should hand back his International Goldman Award for Conservation (I believe he won about $150,000 and used the prize to buy some Tassie old growth forest the loggers wanted, then he gifted it to the public, that shouldn't be confused with the 35 acres of bushland in the Liffey Valley the owned until recently when he also gifted that to the public). He may have also founded Bush Heratige Australia and been a director of the Wilderness Society but don't let that fool you, I recon you're spot on Phill, "he isn't that enthusiastic about saving the trees". I've got no interest at all in Brown's politics but really Phill, I think you've got your blinkers on there mate.

BTW..........The LNP now have 57 new policies on Campbell's web site.......unfortunately no fishing policy yet.

There has been quite a few stories in recent years about the Greens not giving a hoot about their roots. It has been alluded to that there is a bit of a rift between the older, more roots-bound greens (conservation orientated) and the newer, inner-city, latte drinking, skirt wearing, poodle walking ones (and that's just the guys).
    It's pretty obvious that alot of their media attention grabbing drivel is based on ideals away from their true background (Israel, gay marriage etc). BB is the same as any other pollie, couldn't trust a word that comes out his wrinkly old face. At least they can keep up a public face of unity and hide most internal turmoil, unlike their retarded bed-fellow ALPers. I know if I was a green member I wouldn't like to meet Bob unannounced in some dark alley to take my punishment for making the party look foolish
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill
    Mr Bob B, a very Green guy has always and from the beginning, pushed hard to have his agenda forced upon the good people of Australia, in the form of same sex marriages.
    Agree with you that the Greens are the best at forcing their agenda on the majority and that is a very very badly corrosive thing because it actually affects the majority adversly. But the comment above has me baffled. Wouldn't this one agenda be actually the opposite? Surely he is fighting to stop the majority from forcing their views on a minority group when it affects the majority in absolutely no way what so ever.??
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

In my view the lack of a policy release calls into question Mr Robinson's credibility.He gave the members of this board an undertaking to release LNP's policy on fishing",, when the election is called,,, Mr Robinson has failed to live up to that undertaking.
    The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour.
    Draw you own conclusion

If Brown isn't realy interested in saving trees perhaps he should hand back his International Goldman Award for Conservation (I believe he won about $150,000 and used the prize to buy some Tassie old growth forest the loggers wanted, then he gifted it to the public, that shouldn't be confused with the 35 acres of bushland in the Liffey Valley the owned until recently when he also gifted that to the public). He may have also founded Bush Heratige Australia and been a director of the Wilderness Society but don't let that fool you, I recon you're spot on Phill, "he isn't that enthusiastic about saving the trees". I've got no interest at all in Brown's politics but really Phill, I think you've got your blinkers on there mate.
    You make a valid point Mike backed up with facts and maybe I personally went too far in agreeing that he has no interest in trees, although I still maintain a doubt that many others in the party do. But BB has been hugging trees for a while, you're right. But the Greens themselves seem more a collection of extremists who gather under one banner that just happens to be apparently based on the environment, which is better than the hammer and sickle flag that they might otherwise be aligned with.

On the point of the LNP fishing policy, I don't mind that Mark said he would release it immediately and as yet hasn't. I accept that he may be restricted from doing so at the moment and that perhaps he would if he could. However I don't think it should drag on too much longer. In my opinion we need to see it with enough time to give feedback (jump up and down) about it.

My concern is that the LNP don't need a fair fishing policy to get into power this time around. They should be smart though and realise that they may need it to stay in power in the future. I'm sure we will all remember in 3 years time if they haven't done anything to fix this green zone mess.

Quote Originally Posted by rando View Post
    In my view the lack of a policy release calls into question Mr Robinson's credibility.He gave the members of this board an undertaking to release LNP's policy on fishing",, when the election is called,,, Mr Robinson has failed to live up to that undertaking.
    The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour.
    Draw you own conclusion
    Yes, I drew the conclusion that he intended to do so, and then Campbell stepped in a made it clear that he would release policy when and where he wanted, and Campbell is the boss.

I defy anyone in business, political life, social arena or private arena to 100% do what they say, when they say they will do it.

I would rather someone " fail to make a statement on time " ( let's not forget that Mark is in opposition and cannot produce legislation atm ) , rather than have a Leader of the Country tell the whole world a bare faced lie......... and she's still smirking ?????

Mole hills / mountains / cups of tea and wild weather

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 28-02-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post

BTW..........The LNP now have 57 new policies on Campbell's web site.......unfortunately no fishing policy yet.
    Thanks Mike, but I to, have a shed full of ' Smoke and Mirrors ' that I could roll out to get my way. I do not for one minute deny that BB has provided gifts to the people, mmmmmmm sort of reminds me of a large wooden horse...

I still stand by my words of " not being enthusiastic "... certainly there is some good will and energy displayed. I too would plonk acres of bush down on the public table, if I had it and it would not impact on me financially. That's the thing, because someone is in a financial position to do something, just because they do it, doesn't mean they do not have an ulterior motive.

I think we are getting off track....... but it just goes to show that this is not a simple issue and also people have varying thoughts on this subject. If politics were simply about money, then it would a lot easier, but because it is a power trip.... the integrity gets sidetracked and the objectives become blurred.

LP

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    My concern is that the LNP don't need a fair fishing policy to get into power this time around. They should be smart though and realise that they may need it to stay in power in the future. I'm sure we will all remember in 3 years time if they haven't done anything to fix this green zone mess.
    Give the Greens / Labor no ammo to shoot down CN pre-election with a detailed fishing policy.

CN wins election, MR claims consultation with Stakeholders, implements the 1 rod/hook in Green Zones and funds / establishes some open research/reporting into Zoning/fish stocks !

Everybodies a winner without risking CN chances in Ashgrove !

Thumbs down Re: LNP Fishing policy

OR.......Maybe Mark MP is going to introduce an RFL , and doesn't want to to tell us !!

LNP Hacks may disagree as is their right under a Can-DO Dictatorship

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Thanks Mike, but I to, have a shed full of ' Smoke and Mirrors ' that I could roll out to get my way. LP
    Are they Mark's?

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    Give the Greens / Labor no ammo to shoot down CN pre-election with a detailed fishing policy.

CN wins election, MR claims consultation with Stakeholders, implements the 1 rod/hook in Green Zones and funds / establishes some open research/reporting into Zoning/fish stocks !

Everybodies a winner without risking CN chances in Ashgrove !
    I'd be certainly happy if that's the way it goes down Rat. One of my main concerns is that the LNP rec fishing policy of 2012 is not a "greened down" version of their previous rec-fishing policies. The LNP fishing policies were right on the money in past elections when they really needed our vote and no doubt those policies contributed to MP Mark get over the line in his fisher friendly bayside seat. At the moment the LNP are sure things to win the upcoming Qld election, so if all of a sudden they've softened their stance on issues like winding back green zones and 1 hook & rod for rec anglers in green zones it'll show us they were pi##ing in our pockets for the last 2 elections when the needed us. Then what the Libs and Nats did to anglers in WA after they used them to get elected will be a reality for Qld anglers, that's probably my biggest fear.

Holding back the LNP Fishing Policy because Labor/Greens will attack it is pi## weak and grasping at straws and only a fool would swallow that. So far in this election campagn they've released some very controversial policy without fear, and they are still miles ahead. LNP's 1st excuse was that the couldn't release it because Labor will steal it for themselves, then they couldn't release it was because they didn't know how much money was in the budget, then we're told it will be out as soon as Anna calls an election (over a month since then), now it's because the Greens and Labor will tear it apart, ffs get real please.
    And I did a rough count Phill, you only have to apologise for MP Mark 2 more times you will overtake Timmy.

BTW there's 60 new policies on the LNP web site now but still no fishing.

I apologise for no one and in fact agree with you about the BS late release of policy... just telling it like it is and not making excuses.

The biggest concern is that Gazza has " liked " your post, which in contrast, he has never " liked " any of mine. Not that I mind.

The problem is he never actually says anything so I have no idea of which side of the fence he sits.

Mike, I have contacted Campbells office twice this week asking for a release date or simialr for the Rec Fishing Policy......... unfortunately all I got was a list of policies already released......... no sign or word of Rec Fishing..

we need to sit down over a beer and write our own OH.... Gazza, you're not invited

LP