Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Well it's now less than 30 days until the election...............almost 12 months since MP Mark and Campbell said they started working on it.............. and 4 weeks since MP Mark said it would be released........................When do we get a LNP Fishing Policy?

Better off directing that question to Can Do MD. He has had them muzzled since the day he took over from the outside.Ever since he took control they have had to seek written permission just to visit the outhouse.

Seeing many similarities here as like the lead up to the NSW state election,Lots of end product statements but very little detail or road map to give voters the opportunity to scrutinize and give them the chance to decide whats achievable or otherwise.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Exclamation Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Well it's now less than 30 days until the election...............almost 12 months since MP Mark and Campbell said they started working on it.............. and 4 weeks since MP Mark said it would be released........................When do we get a LNP Fishing Policy?
    Mike , it seems Mark MP is not a man of his word(s) regards his shadow portfolio , or more likely just a "LNP Peacock" i.e. All feathers , no substance

I'm sure some LNP hacks here will disagree that he's just been a "Mud-Slinger" to date.

Must be a Major Party thing !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lightbulb Re: LNP Fishing policy

Maybe Mark copied the Labor policy ???
    and didn't lie to us or the Redland Times residents at all

From the Redlands Times in NOV 2011

"Mr Robinson said his party would release details of its fisheries plan as soon as Premier Anna Bligh announced the state election. He denied the LNP was planning to forgo the environmental preservation of marine green areas to buy votes."
    Black, I smell a RAT

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    Must be a Major Party thing !
    I agree with you Rat, Katter's mob is the only group who has offered rec fisherman anything worth voting for.

Also Mike they are the only ones to offer anything so far at all..........although the greens wrap theirs into biodiversity... http://qld.greens.org.au/policies/ql...nd-environment
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post
    Also Mike they are the only ones to offer anything so far at all..........although the greens wrap theirs into biodiversity... http://qld.greens.org.au/policies/ql...nd-environment

Thanks for the link Chris, I guess you could call this The Greens fishing policy. I could actually go for a couple of them, the rest are scarry though. At least they arn't leaving us guessing.
    Qld Greens - Sustainable management of Queensland’s coasts

1. Review and amend the State and Regional Coastal Management Plans to include climate change mitigation and adaptation strategies based upon available science. Provide statutory direction for local governments in relation to existing communities. Review currently identified Maritime Development Areas (MDA’s) and rezone where necessary to protect coastal ecosystems and processes Bla bla bla
    2. Amend the Sustainable Planning Act 2009to require Councils and state decision makers to adhere to State and Regional Coastal Management Plans, rather than “have regard to” them and enact legislation to give statutory effect to these plans. More bla bla bla
    3. Adequately resource best practice monitoring for all estuarine areas of Queensland as part of a comprehensive integrated aquatic ecosystem health program. mmm...monitoring is ok....I think
    4. Assess the effectiveness of the initial zonings in protecting fish stocks for commercial, recreational and environmental purposes. And we know what the outcomes would be don't we
    5. Develop a water quality protection plan for all coastal catchments, based on the Reef Water Quality Protection Plan principles. ok
    6. Increase funding for existing marine park management and planning. Existing ok, Planning?
    7. Change boat registration fees so they are calculated upon engine horsepower (the same as motor vehicles) to reflect the higher impact of high horse power vessels. Probably makes a bit of sense (I have a 60hp 4st)
    8. Assess the impact of and introduce regulation to manage the number of boat ramps to limit the impact of vessels on estuaries and coastal foreshores. Not f###ing happy Jan
    9. Review maximum take limits for commercial and recreational fishing (bag limits) and compliance with the regulations to ensure the sustainability of stock levels and increase marine biodiversity. Pffft, it would start at that then look out
    10. Ban shark fishing in the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area immediately and phase out shark fishing in Queensland fisheries by 2014 until any catches of shark can be determined and proven scientifically to be sustainable. Not up on the facts but I don't hate it
    11. Require all distributors and retailers and food and health product outlets to use standard common names and the state or country of origin for all marine and derived foods and health products Sounds like a good idea
    12. Develop a State Planning Policy with strict environmental and site suitability criteria for the location and operation of all aquaculture, with a three year grace period of full adoption of existing facilities. Allow community appeal rights against the grant of new aquaculture approvals. Bla bla bla
    13. Exclude oil and gas exploration and extraction in the Coral Sea. Don't see a problem with that ATM
    Where viable, remove or modify structures impeding tidal flow in areas which were once wetlands, to restore wetland functionality and habitat. Where viable (public land) I think this is a good idea

I think you might have bla bla bla'd some pretty significant and scary policies there Mike (you might like to revisit points 1 & 2). Also, it appears that you don't fish for sharks? But you see nothing wrong with a full ban on all shark fishing? I think we all realise that in the eyes of the Greens it would never be scientifically proven that shark fishing is sustainable.

All I see there are more rules, more regulations making it tougher for someone to go and cast a line. Of course that's what the Greens want - more rules, more red tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    I think you might have bla bla bla'd some pretty significant and scary policies there Mike (you might like to revisit points 1 & 2). Also, it appears that you don't fish for sharks? But you see nothing wrong with a full ban on all shark fishing? I think we all realise that in the eyes of the Greens it would never be scientifically proven that shark fishing is sustainable.
    Your reading too much into my bla bla bla's Fafnir, or maybe I'm just being too flippant, I just didn't want to type bullshit bullshit bullshit, grrr....now look what you made me do.
    As for the sharks, while I've have fished for bullies in the past, but I'm just being honest mate, I said "I'm not up with the facts" so I said "I didn't hate it". If I did know all the facts more than likely I would hate it then.

Your reading too much into my bla bla bla's Fafnir
    Fair point.

As for the sharks, while I've have fished for bullies in the past, but I'm just being honest mate, I said "I'm not up with the facts" so I said "I didn't hate it". If I did know all the facts more than likely I would hate it then.
    And another fair point as the trade in shark fins among other things might be having a serious impact on some species. Pretty sure bull sharks aren't in any danger, but other species might be. But the problem is that it's the Green proposing this and the Greens don't propose anything to do with sustainable fishing. They might appear to, but their true agenda is NO FISHING, so anything they put forward is always a sneaky means to this end.

Labor will not put anything in writing so they don't offend the Greens and Can do is pretty much in the same boat and seems reluctant to throw his hat in the ring to support recreational fishing. His best move politically is probably to stay out of it but if I don't see a fishing policy pretty soon I will be starting to get aa pretty negative feeling about Can Do.

This is the only time I have wished I lived in Asgrove
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    I agree with you Rat, Katter's mob is the only group who has offered rec fisherman anything worth voting for.
    No matter what I think of Katters party as a whole....his general 'enjoying the outdoors as our right' view (fishing, everything) is very favourable in my eyes. ALP are off the cards as they might as well have BB leading them round the show ring by their $^%&* in that regard, and LNP (as unfortunately proven by Mark on these very boards) have proven to be all huff and embarassingly-so....no puff.
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

I think its hilarious,, Marks jumped on here for the last while and whipped it all up and now is MIA... ( i suppose we will be waiting for a Campbell statement....so ill miss that as i switch channels as soon as that imbecile or Anna is on the idiot box)

when election was called, all went silent, so 4 weeks to go... maybe the LNP are so confident of getting in, the Fishing Policy is in the back pocket as a just in case...and whats the odds mark will hit Ausfish and try to whip it up in the last 2 weeks?
    Tangles KFC

I emailed by local candidate and asked about their outdoors lifestyle etc policy...not a reply..not even an automated thank you and we will get back to you one. That bloke really wants votes.