Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Yeh agreed, lots of work and infrastructure is badly needed. Do you know if the tunnel from the Western F/Way to the ICB still Bris City Council's, or State Gov or a PPP?
    In late 2099 it was forecast to take 45 years for Brizzy rate payers to pay that one off.
    http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...0904-fbda.html
    It is another PPV. Legacy Way is actually the cheapest tunnel out of all of them. It was redesigned to what we have now which is basically TBM drives with cut and shut portals with no mid section on/off ramps. The TBMs they are using are the ones from the Clem7, the conveyor system for the TBMs which will go into the Mt Cootha BCC Quarry is from Airport Link. All the drill and blasting is being done by contractors. It is quite a cheap tunnel to build they way they are doing it say compared to Airport Link - which is way more complex and longer in distnace and exit/entrance ramps.

Mike no secrecy.... Just saying it's all been posted up here before. My post was directed at Gazza, of course.... and of course there has been no response from him or her ??

I did hear Campbell going on about an agricultural vision...... something that I feel is very important...

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I read your post #19 Phill , suggest you stick to painting.

to be fair , I'll give you 3 outta 10

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Airport Link is a state government project you realise?? Wait till you see the blow out on that Principal contractor lost a heap already. Clem 7 was a Private Public Partnership, the company that runs the tolls is a separate thing and were all tendered seperatley. The PPP is actually a very good way for infrastructure to be built and reduces the cost on the community - (ratepayers/taxpayers). The transapex projects should be looked as a complete system before judging one part of it - of course the Clem7 has limited benefits at the moment - the other tunnels and busways are still being built - judge it then. All these projects have put plenty of people in jobs and something needed to be done - have you seen the traffic estimates for the next 10 years?
    you are correct..and the major part of the private part (Rivercity Motorway) went bust early last year..and the other smaller investors losttheir money..and the ratepayers of brisbane lost money also as the tunnel is not making any money.

Every Qld Public Servant had better hope the Airport Link makes money as Qld Treasury Corp has sunk quite a lot oftheir super money into it.
    There is no doubting the job creation oir perhaps the traffic improvement even though that leaves a lot to be desired..Riverside Expressway is a great example of how not to organise a freeway.

The big question is..these roads have to make money to pay for themselves and in the case of the Clem7 it was a dismal failure same as the tunnel in Sydney.

Public Service Super money being used for infrastructure? Should be bloody banned at every level. A private employer can't use employee Super Money to make business profits so neither should government. Every Super of every kind should be 100% funded and put away and not touched. Watch this space though, with 1.3T in super sitting on the sidelines the Fed Government are lining up to get their hands on it.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

it is a business decision Chris..hoping to make a profit from it..same as any super find mob..they all need to make a profit .

By your lack of response ' G '. I assume you have never done anything to support rec fishing, to attempt to assist in policy development or even made any request or provide any idea to anyone.

The conclusion is you don't fish and spend all your valuable time sitting behind a keyboard, throwing stones from afar.

I can also assume by you are a blinkered Labor voter who takes delight in being rogered by the very people you cast that all important vote for. To each their own, I suppose.

So, without so much as a hint of a response to my questions from you, I will take my leave, bowing my head in submission to the human whos belief in the power of his written word is only surpassed by the intelligence that fingers that keyboard.

.................><> ><> ><>

I noticed that Krudd was flinging the mud today in Ashgrove.

Stated that Can Do " has a swagger ".... well Rudd Dud....... I'd swagger too, if I was in opposition to this current Govt a few weeks out from an election.

Funny though........ all the talk during his " support " tour for Kate, was about Campbell.......... jeez Spin King Kev,,,,. how about you talk up what Kate and her Captain of the sinking ship has done......... OH... NO.......... that'd be not good.... we'd lose our voter base as we have been givin it to them , without even realising..

best we trash Noddy............... keep at it until the mud sticks... after all, people ( in general ) vote for personalities and not policy. Damn, it, if they get skitish, we'll offer them a new Plasma............

Minions of the world unite............... in the phonebox.

___---___---___---___--->>>>>>>>>
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 01-02-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Thumbs down Re: LNP Fishing policy

Phill , stick to PAInting & less pink drinks.

The way you seem to be dribbling on nowadays , am sorta GLAd ecofishers is no more.
    p.s when I go to the Pin or freshwater fishing , I don't take cupcakes , but do BRIng fishing GEAr.

The way Krudd was slinging mud at CM yesterday is no suprise. He is nothing, just a spoilt little Ex - PM throwing a tanta tantrum ! Labor hacks just turn a blind eye to it all !

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    it is a business decision Chris..hoping to make a profit from it..same as any super find mob..they all need to make a profit .
    Is that really the case though PH? Was it an independent decision from the heads of the fund? I thought most of QLD public service super was unfunded anyway? I find it very hard to believe that it is just a coincidence that a QLD Public service super fund invested in a QLD government infrastructure project without government pressure or order and it was just a business decision.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

24 pages , almost 3 months , 7 weeks until the election & STILL NO LNP FISHING POLICY. Smart politics??? Probably , as the LNP could be a total policy free zone and still win the election easily. Fortunately enough good ideas , many with well reasoned arguements ( don't just tell me - tell me why ) to sustain this thread. Would like to put my Easter wish list in for the election ( missed out at Xmas , something to do with a naughty or nice list , " I dunno I only work here " ).

1. Anna & team get the thorough kicking they deserve. ( Not much doubt on this one ).

2. The " Kat in the Hat " party does better than pollsters are tipping. ( A bit out there with some of thier policies for me , however if they float enough peoples boats perhaps they will give both major parties cause to pause )

3. " Can Do " fails to win Ashgrove. ( just because I'm a perverse old b*stard & would p*ss myself laughing. Never meet him & he is probably like most individual politicians , a reasonable person. However as a " species " politicians require to be culled aggressively & often ).

4. Mark Robinson gets the Fisheries portfolio & succeeds in implementing 70 % of his stated aims & 70 % of the ideas from this forum. ( yes I have served it up to Mark on a number of post as I believe he at times uses the forum as a party political flag waving excercise - no problem , his right & mods will step in if boundaries are broken. I compare this with postings from the Aus. Party candidate Beast 1965 & have no qualms with applying a tougher standard on the content of Marks posts.

Cheers Kevin

Geez Phill - you well and truely ticked the GOM box in post #328.....

Where are we at with the LNP "fishing" policy?
    Has Mark been on here to let us all know. (I know he said he had to wait until the election is called or something).

I might have missed it, I just dont want to read back through 24 pages of shite to find out!

No policy released yet it seems Homer, not on their website either.
    Tangles KFC