Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post
    Maybe they are waiting for the offical writs to come through disolving Parliament before announcing something?
    I don't think so Chris, if you go to Campbell's web site and click on POLICIES you'll find 44 new policies listed in full, some were released as far back as April 2011. I was told a little of their fishing policy before Xmas and I liked what I heard, but now it's being held up, personally my fear is that the hold up isn't to make it more rec angler friendly, esp after Baltais and his mates got going. Boy I'd like to take him shark fishing near Peel one day.

On sort of the same subject, in another thread we read Ecofishers Qld made some representations on our behalf, and were asked to help form policy.
    Chris and Phill, I asked in that thread if we could all see what was asked for on our behalf but it may have been missed (to be fair it was only yesterday).

awww..come on Mike..every animal's mate Simon..that bloke is just a professional greenie.
    even the sharks would not want him.

Campbell Newman is running in a pretty well inner city seat ......... lots of professional types & female voters who empathise with all things green - If CN releases a policy that is seen as negative to the environment or a bit of a step backwards ......... then you wont need to worry about his fishing policy because he wont get elected
    Maybe that's why a fishing policy has fallen off the radar .......... CN needs to get elected first !

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Campbell Newman is running in a pretty well inner city seat ......... lots of professional types & female voters who empathise with all things green - If CN releases a policy that is seen as negative to the environment or a bit of a step backwards ......... then you wont need to worry about his fishing policy because he wont get elected
    Maybe that's why a fishing policy has fallen off the radar .......... CN needs to get elected first !

Chris
    I hear ya............ don't like what I am hearing, but hearing, none the less.

Yes, Kate could.. nah......... would have a field day I suppose. There is one thing ther ALP get right and are good at...

Chucking mud............

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

don't bet on that Phill..Kate is extremely popular in that area..I know a few people in that electorate and Kate can do no wrong according to them.

Yes, but they are one eyed, tree hugging professional uni students.

No sane person would vote her back in.......... GOM response...

LP

LOL Phill..one is a painter..one is a plumber and the other is my quack. all fishos too.

2 rich kids and poor bugger...............

I know..my quack is always crying poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Yes, but they are one eyed, tree hugging professional uni students.

No sane person would vote her back in.......... GOM response...

LP
    There you go insulting my family again Phill. 1st my daughter now my Mum. Kate helped my Mum out on a Bric City Council issue after her Councillor, Jane Prentace left her high and dry. She hasn't voted for her in the past but she sings her praises so much these days I'm pretty sure she'll be voting for her this time around.

BTW, can we hear what representations and policy requests Eco Qld made on our behalf?

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    don't bet on that Phill..Kate is extremely popular in that area..I know a few people in that electorate and Kate can do no wrong according to them.
    That's what I heard from a couple of acquaintances ........ just in conversation
    No doubt CN will need to keep those green voters on side if he wants to get elected - sure people are pissed of with labor but if people are fundamentally green ....... they may stick with what will butter their bread ......... & someone who wants to pull apart / change green zones etc will not be someone they will want to vote for ............ certainly would explain a lot

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Question Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I hear ya............ don't like what I am hearing, but hearing, none the less.

Yes, Kate could.. nah......... would have a field day I suppose. There is one thing ther ALP get right and are good at...

Chucking mud............

LP
    Seen any ALP candidates chucking "Mud" on AusFish .......I haven't
    Seen any Katter candidates chucking "Mud" on AusFish ....I haven't
    Seen any LNP candidates chucking "Mud" on AusFish .......I HAVE , have you?

Phill......Maaaaaate ,WHEN ARE YOU GOING to let us Mushrooms know what the EcoFishers recommendations were to the Major Parties i.e. on my behalf and others here.
    ????.....Please advise ASAP

I'll post it up when I am good and ready... not at your bec and call I have far more important things to do right now, so hang on. OR, read the wish list, in the other thread... it's very similar to that.

Appologize if your daughter / mum took offence at my ramblings ( generalisations )... but, for me... if someone is placing bandaid on my finger to fix immediate problem, that's fine, but being rogered at the same time does not make the rest of me well.

Maybe I am too passionate ( sick and tired of being rogered ) and dis-illusioned from the Leaders of the 2 most dysfunctional parties in Austraila's history.

Politics is very personal and in the not too distant past, it was not spoke of in public much.... times have changed. for the better I believe, as so the laundry is aired for all to see. I do not condemn the person who votes for Labor, that's their choice, I do however have an issue with them attempting to tell me another Government would be worse. when clearly the track record indicates that when scoring 0 out of 100.......... it can't get worse.

If I were to post up the " Wish List " designed to assist in formulating policy.... and those items were not delivered or mentioned in any Political parties policy on Rec Fishing, I would bet my winnings from this State election, that the Tall Poppy Chopper-Downers would be knocking down MY door telling me I failed. NO, I am only the messenger.......

Instead, we need to see all parties policies........ Katters is out.......... pretty devoid of details.............

As I stated before............. we will see it soon and digest it in 5 minutes.. what's the rush ?

OR, you could do as I have............. taken a few seconds out of my day and emailed the appropriate people asking for the details of their policy.

Yes, in the past I claimed to be a representative of rec fisher in Queensland, not only financial members of ECOFishers, but certainly fishers from Ausfish ( by gauging their ideas and wishes from posts in relation to their habits and wants ), but I not longer wear that hat, as eluded to in another thread. I am merely a fisho expressing my views with a by-catch of offending some people, which was not intended, as I mentioned . You could say that generalising, the way I do, is wrong or harmful, maybe even naive, but that is the way I feel and therefore putting into words that expression of view.

I think we have done this thread to death and it's going in circles.

Somewhere abouts here I elluded to me living in a glass house, which I accept and have fortified that house with actions prior to letting fly at my opponents. I have tried to look back at the positive outcomes from this current Government.............. I failed. I even went to the extent of asking my Bro-inlaw qwhy he voted Labor at the last State election.................. " cause I always have "............ hence a valid reason to bring in voluntary voting......... people like that do not deserve a vote, which I went on to tell him, at which point he agreed. funnily enough................ it's not about personalities, it's about policy.... but, we also have to keep in mind the leadership qualities of the Leader......... To be squeaky clean and flawless would be akin to voting for a Robot.........

But, for a leader and a party to continually flush billions of dollars down the drain with hairbrained schemes and ideas is not what this State needs, it's not what the people want.......... but the people deserve it, if they vote for the morally bankrupt and inept representation that currently is the ALP. Think ya know where I stand now

Cuppa time...... for this GOM.

cheers
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 31-01-2012 at 03:55 PM.

some good points there Phill..but the ALP is not the only Party guilty of ineptitude when it comes to public funds..Can Do lost us a motza with the Clem7 tunnel...a hairbrained scheme. Hopefully the new tunnel will not disappear down that black hole also. I don't know where it will endwith the political parties these days..none seem to be able to deliver a balanced budget and produce what is required.
    Can anyone really differentiate between the ALP and LNP these days//they are both just small l liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Seen any ALP candidates chucking "Mud" on AusFish .......I haven't
    Seen any Katter candidates chucking "Mud" on AusFish ....I haven't
    Seen any LNP candidates chucking "Mud" on AusFish .......I HAVE , have you?
    Nope, never seen a gutless ( is that an offensive word ? they have been invited to join and discuss on AF ) ALP pollie chuck anything on Ausfish..... why. ?..... Here's todays headlines..
    . AUSFISH.......... is NOT a focal media point for any political party......... !

Jan 30th 2012.

" Captain Obvious stated today that even though Ausfish has over 107,000 registered members, it was not a focal point for political party media releases or discussions, only the LNP has taken up the offer to engage recreational fishers that utilize the social media network. Captain Obvious and his 2IC , Ya Think, have expressed sincere regret that the invitations to the ALP and Greens have been rejected out of hand, as it would require those folks to actually be engaging in discussion with the grass roots people of Queensland and moreso, conversing with those that are being rogered, mis-lead and taken advantage of. "

That cuppa didn't work... maybe a Bex and a nap....

cheers