Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

sorry Phill..I just went on your edit note:" Last edited by Lucky_Phill; Today at 05:15 PM. Reason: waking up...."

thought you must have snuck a nap in this arvo.

and no thanks..not the shopping please.

A certain woman threatened to put up a post that I got dragged to Target today and actually walked out alive..

Yeah, sometimes I go back to old posts and read them ( mine ) and cringe at my spelling mistakes and simply have to edit them... correct spelling.

OH,, waking up........... I see, that was in reference to me waking up to who Blindfreddy is ... that's all.

Target is nothing.......... try Woolies at Kuraby.................

It started by getting wet after parking and then the wobbly wheel trolley.................. although the girl in the white top and really short demin shorts fondling the vegies ( carrots and silverbeet ) made the wobbly wheel a distant memory............ for a while Got served at the deli by a girl in a Half Burka, NO spacer at the check out and the CoC asked how my day was, so I decided to tell her............ people behind were not impressed. Why, well CoC asked if I'd like cash out, so I said yep, 300 will be fine. She said I only have 100. So said, I'll take my business elsewhere................. I could go on, but I believe you are still recovering from your experience.

cheers
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Have to say Phill that I kind of disagree with you on the rotation of green zones. IMO if an area of habitat is so crucial that it really does need to be a green zone it should be because there is something delicate or at risk in that area. If an area has say delicate sea grasses that need to be protected, make it a zone where no anchoring is allowed for example. That way the grasses get protected and drift or troll fishing is not excluded. If there is a particular species that is at risk of becoming extinct and fishing add to that pressure in that area then a green zone is an appropriate tool (If the GNS was actually at risk, and I am not saying it is, but if so, this is a perfect example how Green Zones should be used). Zoning can be a very effective tool to protect HABBITAT and I think there should be more thought on it and probably more "restricted" zones. But not everything (and in fact very little) of those zones need to be Green Zones.

I do however agree with you that if an area is so delicate or at risk that it needs the whole hog green zone then EVERYONE other than scientists monitoring the progress or regeneration should be locked out.

The MOST important thing the LNP can do with regards to zoning is to sit the heads of the EPA and Fisheries down in the same room and clearly identify what the roles are. Explain to the EPA that in no way, shape or form is it a EPA responsibility to be making decisions about fish sustainability because it is the fisheries job and theirs is habitat protection. (of course the clear exception would be with the GNS situation where EPA and Fisheries would collaborate on the issue) again don't know enough about the GNS individually but assuming the science behind the GNS numbers was sound a good example.

Then (this is very important) have the EPA clearly explain every single state mandated zone, and justify from a habitat protection perspective why each zone was zoned as such and how that zoning is achieving the habitat protection goals. A perfect example is the paddock in the MBMP and I am sure many others. A big please explain session and if they can't come up with the goods, either rezone it or remove the zone all together.

Just my thoughts.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Geeze some people !
    Attached Images Attached Images

All good, Chris, we know zoning is not Black and White, this is why the call for peer reviewed science, prior to plonking lines on a map.

I was leaning more towards rotational systems for arti's...... and in the right cases... exisitng habitat.

Also, a very valid point in regard to the EPA ( now DERM ) and FQ and their responsibilities / roles .

cheers
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 29-01-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    Geeze some people !
    Some of us arn't mushrooms Black Rat

From the Redlands Times in NOV 2011

"Mr Robinson said his party would release details of its fisheries plan as soon as Premier Anna Bligh announced the state election. He denied the LNP was planning to forgo the environmental preservation of marine green areas to buy votes."

Mike, does that mean Can Do will be releasing the policy ? Don't think we can blame Mark for non-disclosure, if Campbell is going to make all the announcements..

But I agree, the policy should be released as promised, or at least within a very short time frame... couple of days.

I might give Campbell a call and see what's doing

cheers

I'd expect to see MP Mark and Campbell standing together releasing the LNP Fisheries policy, when they get around to it. And do doubt releasing it on the foreshores of the bay somewhere, perhaps they're waiting for the weather to clear up, ie better photos and more press.

But let's not see the really bad photoshop effort that Katter has on his Rec fishing policy doc...

I'll back in the 1st Feb for delivery of Policy from LNP folks..

That is not as good a bet as $1.11 for a LNP win.. though. Easy money.

LP

OI........... better money..

Australias largest online bookie has the LNP at $1.30........... ALP at $3.42

They also have Julia to retain the leadership after the election at $2.00,,, other canditate $1.80.

Now that's an easy way to defer the GFC... looming..

LP

Not that I am interested... but it is interesting...

This far out from a federal election.

Lyne Electorate - House of Representatives COALITION (LIB/NAT) 1.20 OAKESHOTT, Robert (IND) 4.25 AUSTRALIAN LABOR PARTY 21.00
    New England Electorate - House of Representatives COALITION (LIB/NAT) 1.32 WINDSOR, Tony (IND) 3.40 AUSTRALIAN LABOR PARTY 21.00

Australia Party and how they would treat a balance of power situation. I can't see them being as chaotic as Mark suggests:

http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2...-election.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    All good, Chris, we know zoning is not Black and White, this is why the call for peer reviewed science, prior to plonking lines on a map.

I was leaning more towards rotational systems for arti's...... and in the right cases... exisitng habitat.

Also, a very valid point in regard to the EPA ( now DERM ) and FQ and their responsibilities / roles .

cheers
    Thanks for the clarification. Speaking recently to a friend that started a dive club up here in the sunny coast about the same situation. If we can co-ordinate efforts between fishers and divers so that arti's be built so that they could rotate between fishers and divers so you have Arty reef groups built in threes and fours in a close proximity and rotate them between fishing and diving on a yearly basis so that the reefs can get a spell from anchors and such could garner bipartisan (fisher/diver) support and add weight to pressure to have them built. Too long has there been animosity between fishers and divers in a lot of areas when there is a mutual advantage to working together. Win win situation.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I'll back in the 1st Feb for delivery of Policy from LNP folks..

That is not as good a bet as $1.11 for a LNP win.. though. Easy money.
    LP
    It was a better bet last March when Campbell was paying $1-85

Maybe they are waiting for the offical writs to come through disolving Parliament before announcing something?
    Cheers,
    Chris