Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    aggro... no.

Just wondering why these questions keep getting asked when on 1,230,876 times before, many LNP canditates have told us that policy will be released when a election date is released.

Election date released today................... give them time. jeez, even 24 hours would be good.

Shawn, it's not about ECOfishers or Sunfish

It's about people in glass houses.........

It's like someone asking " how much fuel do you want in the car for your trip ? ".... and you not knowing where the trip is going, but you know you need fuel...... yeah, strange annalogy, I know.

It also seems that Aussies, in general, have a skewed attitude towards anyone who is open to a " free hit ", and the " Tall Poppy Syndrome " is a right, rather than a questionable character trait.

Maybe the wet weather has soaked the grey matter and I'm having a bad day. ???

I can't believe people are shooting at someone who is NOT in power and who has NOT &%$#ed up this State and Country.

Here's a thought............ how about we vote on the " track record " rather than a promise.............. after all, according to just about everyone here, ALL promises are broken by every Politician.

Has it stopped raining yet ??

LP
    No it is still pissing down , and I have got the shits cause I can not get the boat in the water . Anyway back on subject , the way I see it is ,politicians entering an election for public office , are the same as a prospective employee attending a job interview . To my mind it is of no use whatsoever for one interviewee to simply put sh!t on any other person applying for the position . I also think that Mark has been treated in a fair manner here , and not subjected to any attacks of a personal nature . I, and in my mind a few others, simply want to know where he stands (and obviously his party stands ) on certain issues .
    Shawn

Question Re: LNP Fishing policy

you 'n Timiboy going tag-team Phill

I've already posted a few links in different posts whereby the LNP in WA/Vic/NSW , has changed nothing and accepted the previous Guv'ts decisions or introduced a new charge or increase.

We're just wondering , what will really be "different" when the LNP get in , in Qld.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn 66 View Post
    . Anyway back on subject , the way I see it is ,politicians entering an election for public office , are the same as a prospective employee attending a job interview .
    Shawn

Totally agree.

CV... here's my qualifications................

" OH, and this is what I have done over the last few years. "

Interviewer " you did what to how many people costing how much ? "

UM........... next please....

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Totally agree.

CV... here's my qualifications................

" OH, and this is what I have done over the last few years. "

Interviewer " you did what to how many people costing how much ? "

UM........... next please....

LP
    Maybe I have not made my position clear . There is no way in hell the Bligh party will be receiving my vote. However it is up to the LNP to earn it , not expect it by default .
    Shawn

Just wondering why these questions keep getting asked when on 1,230,876 times before, many LNP canditates have told us that policy will be released when a election date is released.

Election date released today................... give them time. jeez, even 24 hours would be good.

Yep. Sometime soon would be very good. We have not got very long until an election so the sooner all policies are released the better. Personally speaking...I need time to take everything in and then decide who I'll be voting for. I'm fairly simple in design and need as much time as possible. The sooner the information is given to me the sooner I can start deciphering it all.

It also seems that Aussies, in general, have a skewed attitude towards anyone who is open to a " free hit ", and the " Tall Poppy Syndrome " is a right, rather than a questionable character trait.
    It is a right to question a politician isn't it?? If they want to represent me they better bloody well answer my questions. All most here have wanted is that their questions be answered. Nothing about tall poppy or getting a free hit in.

I can't believe people are shooting at someone who is NOT in power and who has NOT &%$#ed up this State and Country.
    They do have the potential to stuff this State and country even more though.
    Why not see what their true character is and whether or not they can stand on their own two feet?
    Things are only going to get tougher before they get simpler. We need to know what their thoughts are and what they are going to do. Not commit or plan to do but what they are going to do...black and white type stuff....this is what we are going to do with no escape clauses and no 'cloudy' language.

Here's a thought............ how about we vote on the " track record " rather than a promise.............. after all, according to just about everyone here, ALL promises are broken by every Politician.

Has it stopped raining yet ??
    It hasn't started here yet. I did 2 loads of washing today

LP
    Absolutely agree about voting on track records. Only trouble is who is fit for us to vote for when track records are considered??
    When politicians stop lying to me and when they start making my life a bit easier is when I'll start giving them a bit of leeway and take them on their face value.
    Both parties have made my life worse over the last 20 years so, in my opinion, the track records of both major parties suck. Especially when I'm constantly reminded just how good my life is and how it's getting better.
    At the moment the word from a politician (any politician) means about as much as my 4 year old nephew telling me he didn't get into the lolly barrel when there's an Allen's snake hanging out his mouth and his hands are all sticky.
    Until then I'll try and find out which mob will be best for me and vote for them. Sadly, at the moment, it boils down to who is going to lie to me less.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

aggro... no.

LP
    We're not fools Phil
    There are 44 different LNP policies on the LNP web site, some have been there since the middle of last year. But no "LNP Fishing Policy" to date, maybe there's a good reason, well lets here that then. Excuses like "Labor will steal their ideas", and "they'll release their policies as soon as the election is called" just don't cut the mustard when so many other LNP policies have been out for months.

You may remember last year the LNP accidently emailed some fishing policy to the Courier Mail, they recieved a quite bit of backlash from green groups (esp about 1 rod in green zones for rec anglers), after that flack the LNP told the Courier Mail it wasn't set in stone and the Policy Committee was yet to give it a tick of approval. Well that was over 2 months ago. I think we're entitled to ask what's going on.
    Cheers

Yes, I would also expect an answer on or by 19th February. ( this is the day the current Government gets disolved by the Governor of Queensland. ) Which will put all contenders into election mode.

I think the LNP know how much the fishing vote is worth and maybe, they are trying to get it right... dunno.

Whatever the reason, I am sure you would rather have a Marine Biologist as Fisheries Minister than...

Craig Wallace who:-

Parliamentary Secretary to the Premier and Minister for Trade in North Queensland 21 September 2006 - 1 November 2006.
    Member, Estimates Committee A, 2006.
    Member, Impact of Petrol Pricing Select Committee 25 August 2005 - 4 April 2006. Member, Estimates Committee E, 2005.
    Temporary Speaker/Deputy Speaker 31 August 2004 - 15 August 2006.
    Member, Estimates Committee A, 2004.
    Member, Panel of Temporary Chairmen for the 51st Parliament 18 March 2004 - 31 August 2004.
    Member, Public Accounts Committee 18 March 2004 - 15 August 2006.

with a BA from Uni.

and do you remember the last Fisheries Minister.. Kate Jones.

She was the Minister for Environment, Resource Management and Climate Change until her cowardly resignation.

She completed her Bachelor of Arts in Politics and Journalism

Jones is a member of the Ashgrove Historical Society and Ashgrove Climate Change Action Group ....... tough gig, that one

Before entering Parliament, Jones worked as a Senior Media Advisor to Queensland Minister for Public Works, Housing and Racing Robert Schwarten ( we all know about Schwarto, remember the Schwarto / Lucas health debacle... his fault, no his fault, not my fault, well not my fault either.. blah, blah blah... )

After retaining her seat in the 2009 election, Kate was appointed Minister for Climate Change and Sustainability replacing Andrew MacNamara who was dumped by his electorate for his poor handling of the Fisheries Portfolio.

Is it me, or does anyone else see any evidence that Kate, Andrew or even Craig should be handed the responsibility for an " outdoor " portfolio, considering their VAST ( ) experience in ...... well.... reading books about the outdoors from within the hallowed halls of the Uni classroom and the dark dungeons of ALP faction churches ??????????

Again.... let's look at the track record.

I must say, I do like the election rumblings.... The bookies have the LNP at $1.11...

If anyone has any Pineapples left after being hammered by The Captain of the sinking ship, may I suggest you get a piece of that action.

LP

I don't think degrees have anything to do with someone's ability to do the job, Phill. Lots of people have gotten degrees and never used them in the real world.
    What each portfolio requires is someone to show some passion in the job.

My respnose was posted up for Shawn and the idea of pollies applying for a job.

You must have SOME qualifications of SOME sort and surely if you get a degree in Marine Biology, you had an Interest in that field, maybe not a passion, but certainly something, whereas a Bachelaor of Arts is a subject that just gets you a Uni degree.... apparently you can get them on Ebay............ just saying.

LP

so how about a Marine Biology degree to run Main Roads ? LOL

LOL @ degree on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I don't think degrees have anything to do with someone's ability to do the job, Phill. Lots of people have gotten degrees and never used them in the real world.
    What each portfolio requires is someone to show some passion in the job.
    Agree. It's what a person has done after obtaining a degree is what matters.
    A track record in real world experience would be favourable but most politicians have absolutely no experience in the real world. It's straight from academia to a Government job to politics (ie bullsh!t land).
    I reckon a conman would make a good politician. Same morals and depth of character a lot of politicians seem to exhibit.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Agreed.......... take Andrew Fraser for instance. ( well ya don't have to take him literally, but that would help ).

Primary school, high school , uni, labor party........ NEVER HAD A REAL JOB IN HIS LIFE... but he's good at some things.

SPIN, comes to mind.

I, for one, believe that Government should be run like a business or company.

Sound financial fundamentals

Mission statement that reflects the wishes of the people

Accountability and Transparency

Vision. ( long term )

Thing is, if you enter politics without some experience in a field of endeavour, you have to accept advice from the top beauracrats, that are there no matter which political party are in power, and in all essence, you have to follow THEIR......... political ideologies, religious leanings and social persuaions. You won't do this of your own accord, it will be done subliminally.

The LNP need to drag out some serious business heads to get this place going again.

But, why would you run for office where the pay is pittance compared to CEO stuff,

no matter what you do, some media vulture will assasinate you,

the minions will hate you simply because you are not a member of their political party

and you get no free days

and, you can't say what you really think in case you offend some obscure minority group.

I think todays generation has missed an education and an Australian representation in the political sphere. Bring back the good ole' days.

how about this:-

Hugh Jackman body.... Rodney Rude vocabulary......... Rupert Murdoch business accumen ..... Steve Irwin enthusiasm and Stan Kecovitchs' passion.

cheers and Happy Australia Day.........

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 26-01-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Agreed.......... take Andrew Fraser for instance. ( well ya don't have to take him literally, but that would help ).

Primary school, high school , uni, labor party........ NEVER HAD A REAL JOB IN HIS LIFE... but he's good at some things.

SPIN, comes to mind.

I, for one, believe that Government should be run like a business or company.

Sound financial fundamentals

Mission statement that reflects the wishes of the people

Accountability and Transparency

Vision. ( long term )

Thing is, if you enter politics without some experience in a field of endeavour, you have to accept advice from the top beauracrats, that are there no matter which political party are in power, and in all essence, you have to follow THEIR......... political ideologies, religious leanings and social persuaions. You won't do this of your own accord, it will be done subliminally.

The LNP need to drag out some serious business heads to get this place going again.

But, why would you run for office where the pay is pittance compared to CEO stuff,

no matter what you do, some media vulture will assasinate you,

the minions will hate you simply because you are not a member of their political party

and you get no free days

and, you can't say what you really think in case you offend some obscure minority group.

I think todays generation has missed an education and an Australian representation in the political sphere. Bring back the good ole' days.

how about this:-

Hugh Jackman body.... Rodney Rude vocabulary......... Rupert Murdoch business accumen ..... Steve Irwin enthusiasm and Stan Kecovitchs' passion.

cheers and Happy Australia Day.........

LP
    not true in all cases Phill. Quite often when a new Govt comes to power the Director General or various Directors will have their contracts paid out and new ones appointed. Sometimes without even adverttising the position.

when Goss came to power I know of one DG that was paid out and told he was no longer required.

And where does the new DG's come from ? and where do they get THEIR advice from...

And... shouldn't you be at work ??

cheers

And where does the new DG's come from ? and where do they get THEIR advice from...

And... shouldn't you be at work ??

cheers
    am working..already completed 4 quotes and some drawings..smartie..LOL

where do the DG's come from..I wonder where ? Perhaps from within the ranks ?

I wonder how Greg Withers got to Dep DG position?