Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Mark has a great opportunity to engage a lot of fishoes here on Ausfish - If he was smart enough , he would use the site to gauge opinions , make suggestions and obtain feedback of what is important to Qld fishoes.
    From virtually post #1 all that Mark has done is use this forum to dump on Labor policy (I never expected anything less) . For whatever reason , Mark has ignored the questions that are asked. With the exception of allowing some limited fishing in green zones (a popular vote grab)...... he has shown to be a man of little substance and ...... minimal vision . I certainly have not seen or heard of anything that has me excited as a fishermen.

The more you see the negative reaction to Mark's "no fishing policy" on Ausfish ..... the more you see the gloss becoming tarnished & dull - Very much a reflection of Campbell Newman & the LNP ......... the light at the end of the tunnel is quickly dimming
    Have a great Chrissy
    Chris
    At this stage not even that Nagg, Campbell canned that idea (and all others) when he took over. At the moment it is under consideration by the LNP but their Policy Committee is yet to give the plan their final approval. Hopefully it will get ticked off soon.
    Cheers
    Mike D

Quote Originally Posted by frogfuzz View Post
    Mark Says:

"Support for minor parties or independents will either return the Bligh govt (with more restrictions) or a hung parliament (like the Canberra mess). "

So how much heartache has Katter caused in the Canberra mess? If anything he has been more of a help to the LNP than a burden. Would you rather Katter be more like Whinger or Jokeshot from NSW?

Mark what evidence do you have that Katter has caused the chaos in Canberra? My guess is none and you are just repeating LNP spin. If the Ausparty had the balance of power in QLD it would be vastly different to the Leftard Watermelon Greens holding power.

My guess is that the LNP doesn't want the AusParty to hold the balance of power as it will keep them honest. If the AusParty hold sway - it will be much harder for the LNP to try to appease the Green Leftard city folk at the expense of those of us who like our outdoor lifestyles. The AusParty (so far) is very black and white, not grey like the LNP.

Personally I think Sir Joh would be rolling in his grave if he knew how much of a Leftard of a leader the LNP now has. And Mark - Joh was very black and white.
    You nailed it, the LNP has made a very big longer term mistake not 'accepting' the Aus party and your reasoning as to why is exactly what will happen if/when the LNP is running QLD.

The LNP although better than the current half wits will play us and all outdoor individuals off against the schitzo green machine, they will expect me to turn away and just acccept their slight of hand on issues already 10 years long and still wrong for their almighty bright green vote/appeasement....never actually comprehending that if they showed some real grass roots retro man in the street character the faithful will flock forever and as long as trust exists.

As it is Christmas, I'm hoping to hear all about the "policies" when the MP returns to his electorate. As said earlier - last seen travelling north through Rocky 2 days ago. Lets just wait until the New Year so the man can be present and accounted for - there's no real point to 'bag' the man when he's not around to reply.

A safe and Merry Christmas to all.

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    As it is Christmas, I'm hoping to hear all about the "policies" when the MP returns to his electorate. As said earlier - last seen travelling north through Rocky 2 days ago. Lets just wait until the New Year so the man can be present and accounted for - there's no real point to 'bag' the man when he's not around to reply.

A safe and Merry Christmas to all.
    never bagging the man wags..always play the ball not the man. Mark is the mouthpiece for the LNP on items fishing related. I bet he is frustrated at times also by not being able to respond as requested but that is the life of a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    never bagging the man wags..always play the ball not the man. Mark is the mouthpiece for the LNP on items fishing related. I bet he is frustrated at times also by not being able to respond as requested but that is the life of a politician.
    It comes from having Major Newman in the command center ....... the trouble is it's not special ops that he is running (though it might feel like it) . Clearly it's a dictatorship at LNP headquarters .
    Mark should have kept his mouth shut rather than stepping into the lions den (Ausfish) ... he's just coming across as bait -

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Some of you lot REALLY need to get out of the ''Great South East'' occasionally.

Crying about your new tunnel and what have you.

A lot of us in rural QLD would be pretty happy with a level road that had no potholes and to never again hear about all the cash getting fed into Brisbane's roads while driving on the shitholes we have to.

I will never vote for the ALP again as long as my bottom points to the ground - either federally or state. Whether the other lot get my vote remains to be seen but I've been shafted way more frequently by ALP governments than anyone else. And it sure won't depend on their fisheries management policy.

don't worry Boris..if CanDo gets in you will have tunnels and push bike hire stations everywhere.

I have spent a lot of time out ofthe south east..yep the raods are crap in places but alas no Govt will ever solve that situation. There are so many items that control these situations...the vast area..the small population to area..the devastating weather at times..bloody difficult for any Govt to make all weather roads to all areas of the State. Qld is about 5 times the area ofthe British Isles..they have about 60 million people..we have someting like 4 mill..bloody hard for the tax dollars to stretch that far. I do not know if private enterprise would be interested in investing i nthe major highways as they would then have to be toll roads to generate income . I don't know what the answer is and I doubt any current or prospective pollie would know either.

Quote Originally Posted by borisdog View Post
    Some of you lot REALLY need to get out of the ''Great South East'' occasionally.

Crying about your new tunnel and what have you.

A lot of us in rural QLD would be pretty happy with a level road that had no potholes and to never again hear about all the cash getting fed into Brisbane's roads while driving on the shitholes we have to.

I will never vote for the ALP again as long as my bottom points to the ground - either federally or state. Whether the other lot get my vote remains to be seen but I've been shafted way more frequently by ALP governments than anyone else. And it sure won't depend on their fisheries management policy.
    It's not a matter of getting out of the south east ........ it's where the greater part of the population live & as such should be serviced by good roads! - That said we still should have a quality national hwy system ....... & the Bruce should be the first hwy on the list (this should have been done under Howard & followed up under Rudd) ...... but no , both were too short sighted!

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I've only been in Brisbane for a short while (11yrs), but growing up in WideBay our roads were crap compared to the roads in Brisbane. We always thought it was Brisbane Main Roads instead of Queensland Main Roads. When Brisbane roads were being resurfaced - nothing wrong with them - other main roads across the state were in dire need of not only resurfacing but fixing the many potholes due to crap weather and constant heavy loads on these roads...you know the ones - Equipment being transported to the various mines.

The best fix for the roads is to install a common guage rail system around Aus that caters for mid to long haul goods transport primarily. Remove the million or so tons of heavy transport that crosses any point of the Bruce highway (or any highway for that matter) per day or per hour in some places and the roads will last much longer and cope much better with local traffic. There is no reason why the fed govt does not make the push for all states to adopt a common rail system by adding a third rail in half of the states and eventually replacing the triple rail with a dual set when the new gauge is fully adopted.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    The best fix for the roads is to install a common guage rail system around Aus that caters for mid to long haul goods transport primarily. Remove the million or so tons of heavy transport that crosses any point of the Bruce highway (or any highway for that matter) per day or per hour in some places and the roads will last much longer and cope much better with local traffic. There is no reason why the fed govt does not make the push for all states to adopt a common rail system by adding a third rail in half of the states and eventually replacing the triple rail with a dual set when the new gauge is fully adopted.

Couldn't agree more ........ nothing worst than seeing coal rolling stock traveling from NSW to Qld on the Pacific Hwy ... silly stuff

A good part of all road long haul could / should be taken off our hwy system

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Merry Christmas guys.
    Enjoying fishing with my kids in CQ.
    Hope Santa brought you something good.
    Regards,
    Mark

Merry Xmas Mark..you fishing in Gladstone Harbour ?

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Merry Xmas Mark..you fishing in Gladstone Harbour ?
    Classic...........

It's got my vote for best post in 2011

Thanks Mark & Brandt for your input in 2011 , trust you guys have more "output worth reading" in 2012