Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    I admit to throwing in some big words to confuse some of the less intelligent ALP Hacks we see here. I've also written some longer paragraphs, because those same hacks have trouble putting their beer down for long enough to read (or type) two sentences in a row.

Cheers,

Tim
    Firstly, I'd have thought that anyone coming on here and joining a discussion would have the capacity to read and comprehend what was being written, and be prepared to offer objective answers. In some cases I don't find that to be the case - if a person has determined they are going to pursue an ideology for the sake of it, I have little if any respect for them.

I would never, and have never denigrated anyone for their quality of spelling. Insults are where you find them - I have little respect for Political Correctness, or those who practice it. If you choose to read things a certain way, your problem, not mine.
    Tim
    You wrote it not me.
    You admit to purposely using big words to try and confuse some people and then say everybody should be able to read what you wrote...to confuse them.

You wrote: "I admit to throwing in some big words to confuse some of the less intelligent ALP Hacks" and then "I'd have thought that anyone coming on here and joining a discussion would have the capacity to read and comprehend what was being written"

What am I (and probably others) supposed to 'decipher' the statement "I admit to throwing in some big words to confuse some of the less intelligent ALP Hacks" as meaning??
    To me it means I purposely tried to use big words to confuse those of less intelligence.
    What was I supposed to read it as?? Any takers??
    Why would anyone purposely try to confuse people??

You have insulted me by saying you have used big words to confuse the less intelligent.
    One of the problems associated with dyslexia is people's assumption that people who cannot spell correctly or put sentences together (either in reading or writing those sentences) are stupid, or less intelligent, then those making the assumption. I had to put up with this through out my school career. I thought I was stupid.

A huge side effect for people suffering from the disability known as dyslexia is depression.
    Your wife is not the only person who suffers from depression.
    Your wife is not the only person who is fragile.

I have little if any respect for people who purposely write so as to try and confuse those of a, seemingly, lower intellect.
    Not everyone here are rocket scientists or without learning disabilities. Why try to confuse them?

Maybe it's someone trying to exert a form of supposed elitism upon the apparently less intelligent.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I care not a whit when people refuse to listen or read, but most particularly when they stick to an ideology and won't see another side. For what it's worth Scotty, my comments weren't targeted at you, but, well, if you choose to wear the hat, you go on ahead.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

What's my ideology then??
    What's the other side??

In one instance you say you would not pick on how a person writes but you'll purposely, and willingly, 'confuse' people's ability to read and comprehend what you have written by using big words. People who are of seemingly lower intelligence.
    Which is right and which is wrong. Picking on someone's ability to write or their ability to read and comprehend??

Not everyone here has the eloquence of Charlie or Jarrah Jack.
    Write so everyone understands. Why would anyone purposely go about confusing people?

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    What's my ideology then??
    What's the other side??

In one instance you say you would not pick on how a person writes but you'll purposely, and willingly, 'confuse' people's ability to read and comprehend what you have written by using big words. People who are of seemingly lower intelligence.
    Which is right and which is wrong. Picking on someone's ability to write or their ability to read and comprehend??

Not everyone here has the eloquence of Charlie or Jarrah Jack.
    Write so everyone understands. Why would anyone purposely go about confusing people?
    Your ideology Scotty? Like I said, I wasn't targeting you. I don't see you as an ideologue. GOM? Sure, but that is something to be respected. And picking on people? Please, this is a chat board. Pretty tough place Mate, I learned that early on. If you can't take it, don't play, huh? I've been not the best at taking it myself sometimes, but I cop that as a learning experience, though sometimes it just boils my potatoes.

And the last thing I will ever do is "dumb it down." Too much of that happens in this Country. Sometimes ideas are complex, and need to be carefully developed and explained. Some people either don't want to understand, or are incapable. Does that mean they shouldn't be presented?

Go Fishing Scott, while you still can. I'm going outside now to see if I can tempt a few Bream onto a piece of ox heart from the pontoon. Wanna join me some time?

Tim

Your ideology Scotty? Like I said, I wasn't targeting you. I don't see you as an ideologue. GOM? Sure
    Tim
    Wrong. My ideology is that everyone is equal and no-one, but no-one, is more equal then others no matter their background, level and standard of education, mental or physical abilities (I don't like the word disabilities) or their socio-economic status. We all f@rt the same is a way of looking at it.
    I get really p!ssed when some people think they have more rights then others whether those rights are wrongfully (morally and logistically) benefiting from Centrelink or the ATO or simply trying to purposely confuse people.

I did not say to dumb things down. I said why would anyone purposely try to confuse those who may have trouble reading, writing or understanding the language. You said you've purposely used big words to confuse people.
    That's just plain dumb.

If politics is so complex why are politicians doing it?? They can't even answer a simple question with a simple answer.

hey scotty, you know why they can't answer simple questions? because politics IS complex, it's a delicate balancing act of trying to keep enough people happy in order to keep yourself in office.

thinking that timi is trying to talk down to you by using big words is plain silly, and if that in fact is what timi is doing then why should you give a rat's @rse anyway, it's timi's problem.

look mate, i don't properly understand it all, and maybe you and most of the normal human beings in the population don't either, but that's not necessarilly because we are all simple, but it's because we're not in the business of politics. in my opinion the only people who really understand the business of politics are the people who do it for a living, ie. politicians, analysts, journalists, academics.

Geez Guys 'n Gals? , it's Xmas FFS...peace-2-all

I dumb it down by using too many Colours & Emoticons ..... soo the LNP-Hacks understand

Damn near beer o'clock. Can we agree on that?

Cheers,

Tim

NO.....
    NOT until Mark-LNP actually brings QLD boat-regos back-2 PRE rip-off prices , as is "spruked by his goodself"

Capping/freezing is as good as doing "nothing" but supporting previous guv'ts decisions , he HAS INDENTIFIED a worthy issue imo , & I want to hear he will rectify it , shortly (say early Feb) .....and "then definately keep & honor his promise" while also deservedly counting his significant payrise in 2012

MX Mark/Timi
    i.e. Merry Xmas to you both
    Gazza XXXX

don't worry about the big words, Scott. Pollies use them all the time. Why do they do it? Simple..it is because they have no idea what they are talking about so they try and convince themselves they do.
    I bet when a pollie gets home at night his wife may ask him how his day was..he will probably answer..it was great..I used 18 big words today. She would then ask what they are and what they mean..and all he can answer is..stuffed if I know.

ah........... that would make our politicial system an " Ineptocracy ".

LP..
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

You know Timi.
    You should be a politician because I honestly believe you'd make a good one.

You put your foot in your gob and harp on about nothing trying to justify what you said and then try shift the emphasis of what you've said and then try to degrade the severity of what you've said and then simply try to just sweep it under the carpet.
    Typical politician actions if ever I've ever seen it.

Most of us simpletons would have simply said. "Sh!t. I stuffed up there. Sorry about that" and it all would have been forgotten.

Have it your way Scott.

Tim

Red face Re: LNP Fishing policy

Timi.....Rule #1 in politiks

Don't argue with a man who chomps worms.....or try to match/compete

Have it your way Scott.

Tim
    I bet that the way you have been expressing yourself in this thread and how you have tried to degrade the severity of what you have said and the attempts to sweep things under the mat and then just want to forget about it is exactly the same train of thought you had in February 2001??

So....back to the story.
    We have a bloke from the Australia Party talking to us.
    He's been reading and has popped his head up.

The Australia party has some policies relating to fishing and our recreation....and how long have they been around??
    What about LNP??