Thread: fish finder

fish finder

what is the best cheap fish finder to fit to a ski and what sort of mounting system do you use, do you wire them in and if so how,
    cheers Steve.

Re: fish finder

Steve,
    I guess anything that suits ur budget. Same as for boat.

I had moreton stainless do mine. Most expensive is the stainless brackets.
    If you get them then it's easy, now that I had to replace tranducers, because someone put their big fot on it.
    Mine is wired straight to battery, but I am going to get second battery to run it, then I can have on all day and not affect the battery for starting.

Mine works good. Bottom disappears at about 70ks but still shows depth.

I got trans on back. Some people like the thru hull types.

Out back is easier I think.

I got hummingbird.

Cheers
    Greg

Whitworths running out the Garmin 300c at $169.50 a dead set bargain.

https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_i...tAbsolutePage=

Hope that helps

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

I have a Lowrance elite dsi mounted on my seadoo, seems to more waterproof then the hummingbirds I've owned in the past. Been soaked alot and no problems yet. Where as my hummingbird ones have barely been wet and they have had moisture inside the screen and then will shit themselves.
    I mounted mine on the lid of the centre hatch, with a separate battery inside the hatch,not a good idea to use the main jetski battery I'd hate to be offshore with a dead battery. Also transducer mounted on the back hasn't got in the way at all. Works well for me

Hi
    Gags.

What type of battery u run for sounder? Does it run in connection with the other battery?
    I want to put 2nd battery in for my sounder, because like u I don't want a flat battery.

Cheers
    Greg

Nah completely separate. Got a 7ah battery with a charger. Think I bought it from whitworths. Personally I wouldn't waste money on a stainless rack. Can knock up something way more practical for much less dollars

I definately recommend paying the extra and getting a lowrance I have one on my seadoo and haven't had any problems and it's been soaked quite a few times