Thread: Cobra Fish n Dive.

Cobra Fish n Dive.

G'day,

Could someone suggest where in Cairns I could buy a Cobra Fish n Dive kayak?
    Anyone with a used one perhaps?

Thanks
    Vaughn.

Re: Cobra Fish n Dive.

Vaughn, It's not exactly what you are wanting, but this is up on E-Bay in Cairns: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SINGLE-KA...item3a6c382311 Cheers, Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

Thanks Pete. Well priced Yaks both of them. Just a pity about the width though. I'm looking for 91 cm, these measure 73 cm.

Cheers, Vaughn.

Vaughn, Not many that wide around. Going too wide will also be a pain when paddling too (will be belting the side of the ya with the paddles). Try and test paddle as many yaks as you can to get a true feel of what suits you. Cheers, Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

I hear what you're saying, Pete. I had visions of a trolling motor as well. The Fish n Dive is the one yak that takes readily to outboards. They are difficult to paddle long distances but are unrivalled for stability .
    Cheere Vaughn.

Understand where you are coming from now, Vaughn. One question though ... Being in Cairns wouldn't the crocs possibly be trouble for a yakker. Particularly when yoyu've hooked up on a solid fish? Cheers, Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Being in Cairns wouldn't the crocs possibly be trouble for a yakker. Particularly when yoyu've hooked up on a solid fish? Cheers, Pete
    ...and that's why I thought he wanted the extra width! More room for the crocs teeth without contacting flesh!

As you are all well aware no doubt, there's none so brave as a Far Northerner...
    Crocs...pah!
    No, it was to be used in the fresh water dams/lakes up on the Table lands.
    At courier costs of $300 from the nearest Queensland dealer, it looks like I'll keep the tinny and continue belting the lizards with the oars.

Cheers
    Vaughn.