Thread: Tannum Sands noob

Cool Tannum Sands noob

Howdy all,

Leon from Tannum Sands. Just picked up a new boat (4.65m Savage with an '06 Honda BF50), and getting more into my fishing after having been a shore-dweller for some time. I've speared and fished at a few different places around Gladstone in the past, but looking forward to finding some new spots accessible with the tinny (I'm over Seal Rocks unless I can get under the water - all the fish there are lazy!).

Feel free to throw some pointers my way. So far with two weekends out in the boat, around Seal Rocks and the river I've only caught barracuda, moses perch, bream and little flathead.

Pancake Ck planned for this weekend!

I also think I have a sounder on the brink. Any tips? Depth reading ok, but no picture of the bottom. Worked once but now is very intermittent, just a red screen with a depth reading. I'm planning on just buying a new transducer as I've nearly narrowed it down through troubleshooting but has anyone had any similar issues with Navman/Northstar sounders? Mine is a Northstar Explorer 457 and no amount of resetting, wire jiggling and cleaning of terminals has solved the issue.

Cheers

Leon

Re: Tannum Sands noob

Welcome Aboard Leon,
    We hope you enjoy your time on Ausfish.
    You have a few questions there that all belong in different threads so try asking your questions in the appropriate topics.

cheers