View Poll Results: Are you a Member or would you like to be?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coastguard Member

58 30.05%
  • VMR Member

72 37.31%
  • Will look at Getting a Membership

54 27.98%
  • Not interested

9 4.66%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coastguard or VMR Membership

Coastguard or VMR Membership

Further on from the logging on with Coastguard or VMR i would like to guage how many of us are Actual Paid Members of either organisation.

To put it out there Membership For Coastguard Redcliffe is $55 per year, For this you receive Free Tow Assistance should you require as well as making it easy to log on and off when heading out.

They would already have all of your details already on file so all they need is your POB, destination and ETR. That simple.

If you are not a Member would you be willing to sign up for a Membership with any of them?

Cheers Lee

Re: Coastguard or VMR Membership

cg for me as there is no vmr up here but I would join either they do a wonderful job
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

If anyone wants to know more info about Joining Coastguard let me know and i will get you some Info, Alternatively pop down to your local Coastguard or VMR and have a chat with the guys there, They will be more than happy to show you what they do and how they can make your boating trip safer.

At the end of the day Safety is NO 1 on the water.

Cheers Lee

Member of two VMR's down this way (Coffs Harbour and Forster/Tuncurry).

Always drop in at local VMR/Coast Guard when visiting a new area to fish. Say gidday and have chat about local conditions etc. Usually give a donation too, which is always appreciated.

Cheers,
    Jim

I'm a member of the Jacobs Well VMR and its the best $70 I spend each year, I look at it as a donation

im interested in joining,Can someone link me or pm me.I fish Moreton bay and the passage.What radio do i need 27mhz or VHF.

Adam

I'm a member of Victoria Point and Mooloolaba and next time I'm up at Agnes I'll join Round Hill.I've had too much bad luck this year to not be a member.

Hi Adam,

If you are fishing Moreton Bay i would reccomend a VHF, But dont forget that to operate a VHF you need a license, A 27 Meg will still do the job but if you are planning on ventruing further afield it will become useless pretty quickly.

Easiest thing to do to join one is drop down there one day and fill out a membership form. Alternatively jump onto www.coastguard.com.au/redcliffe.html

Cheers Lee

Hi

A member of Brisbane Coast Guard (Manly). I launch from the MBTBC and the CG station is right next door.

Regards Adam

I am an active crew member at VMR Vicky point.

Like Adam I launch most from the MBTBC so would like to join Coastguard too.

The one Downfall of Brisbane Coast guard is that they are not open 24/7 over the weekend, Not sure why but i know CG Redcliffe monitor their radios during the night on the weekends.

But you can logon with any of them and still get your coverage in the bay or offshore.

Which would be the best for me to join, i've never joined one. I go out Palmy normally 100% of the time but havn't since last mackeral season due to the silt, now it's Tweed all the time and Palmy when I can get out.

5% of the time i go out of Southport.

hey leathal, im a member at cg mooloolaba. im heading over to tangas on the weekend, so when i log in with cg redcliff do i give my mba call sign? do they have this on file also?
    also if for some reason i need a tow in will i be covered by my mba membership?

thanks for the info
    jason

Gday Jason, Yeah mate you can use your MBA number, we wouldnt have your details on file, so best to give us to them on your departure,
    The normal drill, Where you are going, What boat you have, Rego number, Mobile phone number, POB and when you coming back.

When are you heading over Jason?

iricangi, Join your local Rescue Group, not sure who it is down there,

Cheers Lee