View Poll Results: Are you a Member or would you like to be?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coastguard Member

58 30.05%
  • VMR Member

72 37.31%
  • Will look at Getting a Membership

54 27.98%
  • Not interested

9 4.66%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coastguard or VMR Membership

Re: Coastguard or VMR Membership

Quote Originally Posted by iricangi View Post
    Which would be the best for me to join, i've never joined one. I go out Palmy normally 100% of the time but havn't since last mackeral season due to the silt, now it's Tweed all the time and Palmy when I can get out.

5% of the time i go out of Southport.

You have VMR at Currumbin and Southport. There is one just at the border at Point Danger

http://www.grahamswebdesign.com/vmrhome.htm

http://www.rotaryantiquesfair.com/vmr/vmr.htm

http://www.vmrsouthport.com.au/

Cheers

Mike

thanks lethal.

mate im thinking i'll be leaving scarborough at around 1200.
    its a bit blowy here on the s coast at the moment, heres hoping it will fine up for the weekend.

cheers
    jason

Quote Originally Posted by lethal098 View Post
    Hi Adam,

If you are fishing Moreton Bay i would reccomend a VHF, But dont forget that to operate a VHF you need a license, A 27 Meg will still do the job but if you are planning on ventruing further afield it will become useless pretty quickly.

Easiest thing to do to join one is drop down there one day and fill out a membership form. Alternatively jump onto www.coastguard.com.au/redcliffe.html

Cheers Lee
    hi Lee,

Do you work for BCF ?,

and where do i get my VHF license ?

Adam

Adam

There is a radio course on Dec 4th. at Redcliffe Coast Guard. If you want more info, give the radio room a call on 3203 5522 and leave your details with them including an email address.
    Peter
    engage, educate, encourage

Quote Originally Posted by jason p View Post
    hey leathal, im a member at cg mooloolaba. im heading over to tangas on the weekend, so when i log in with cg redcliff do i give my mba call sign? do they have this on file also?
    also if for some reason i need a tow in will i be covered by my mba membership?

thanks for the info
    jason
    You will get assistance regardless of being a member or not. CG is there for the primary purpose of safety of those onboard the vessel. If you aren't a member, all we would do is ask for a donation for our running costs if a tow was needed. It's up to you to respond or not. Your membership helps in the day to day running of the organisation.

Leaving Redcliffe, log on with VHF 73.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by QF3 MROCP View Post
    Adam

There is a radio course on Dec 4th. at Redcliffe Coast Guard. If you want more info, give the radio room a call on 3203 5522 and leave your details with them including an email address.
    Peter

Is the course run over 2 weekends, theory 1 week and test the next week. Or is the whole thing done on the 4th.

Ian

Does anyone know if there is a radio course running in Noosa / Maroochydore in the not too distant future? I can't seem to find any info.

If you aren't a member, all we would do is ask for a donation for our running costs if a tow was needed. It's up to you to respond or not.
    I don't know how you can keep your doors open.

If you require a tow ....... and some one comes to save your sorry @ss ...... and you have some idea of the cost to save you sorry @ss ....... and you DONT make some form of donation $$$ ...... perhaps you should take up golf

PS sorry to all the golfers no disrepect meant.
    my 2c
    BigE

Quote Originally Posted by Defore View Post
    Peter

Is the course run over 2 weekends, theory 1 week and test the next week. Or is the whole thing done on the 4th.

Ian
    All theory and practical on the 4th and the exam on the 11th (gives you a week to study) for about an hour. If that's a problem, we can organised another day for the exam.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Bros View Post
    I don't know how you can keep your doors open.
    lots of sausage sizzles, raffle tickets and GOLF Days!... oh.. and radio courses..
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by didstar View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a radio course running in Noosa / Maroochydore in the not too distant future? I can't seem to find any info.
    Have you spkoen to CG Noosa: (07) 5474 3695

Admin:
    Marcia Heinrich
    fao.qf52@coastguard.com.au
    Peter

All theory and practical on the 4th and the exam on the 11th (gives you a week to study) for about an hour. If that's a problem, we can organised another day for the exam.
    Thanks Peter
    I normally don't get 2 free weekends in a row.
    I will put those dates in my diary and try to get them free.

Ian

Softplastic dude, No mate dont work at BCF. However as some of you may or may not be aware BCF are a Major Sponsor of the Australian Volunteer Coastguard, Any time you go into BCF Roundup your purchase to help Support the Coastguard, Its amazing how much 20 or 30 cents every time you shop can make a difference.

Peter will always accomodate where possible with the Exam, If you cant make it on the test day he will organise another day for the exam.

I can highly reccomend the course, you make think you know it all when it comes to the VHF, but trust me there is a lot more to it.

Cheers Lee

A bit of a side track but why are they not all sharing a data base? would that not make life easier for all parties one register for all. I would like to become a menber and am thinking redcillfe because i think it is a great thing that the CG and VMR do.