Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Leisure Marine gone - BIAS next?

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

Leisure Marine gone - BIAS next?

Heard a rumor that BIAS warehouse Tingalpa Bribanmay be. The next marine business to fold!

Glasscraft, Leisure Marine ............ Dead in the water and now maybe BIAS

Of course our moron leader Gillard will tell show well the economy is going but beneath the surface things ain't good in the boating industry.

Damn shame to see a once-country on a slide to God knows where - thanks partly to the good old Greens.

Now I'm all depresses thinking hw it "used to be" ..........

Re: Leisure Marine gone - BIAS next?

Hope your wrong as I get most my bits and pieces from there for my boat, Have spend lots there over the last 2 years !!!
    Fingers crossed they can keep it running, not good seeing so many boating places close down.

Cheers
    Brett

hope not there will be noone left around here if that happens. You would think they would be doing better after leisure closed. lets hope they dont go or its a long way to get chandlery

I guess it is just a sign of the times, more and more of us buying online and importing boats and so on, it must make a mark on the Aus industry in the long term, in my area I reckon out of three or four dealers, there is only one that SEEMS to be doing OK, but then, looks can be deceiving, you just never know.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkPanther View Post
    Heard a rumor that BIAS warehouse Tingalpa Bribanmay be. The next marine business to fold!

Of course our moron leader Gillard

Your talking about about " Passion Fingers "
    I'll leave the rest up to your inmagenation

A business needs to move and adapt with the times. These businesses that shut down are doing the wrong thing. In simple terms, their target market has ditched them. I'm sure another business will pop up to replace them once the time is right.

A Typical example of good customer service. ( if your market doesn't want to come to you, Then you can come to them)

Wouldn't it be great if a Mechanic would charge you actual hours spent not recommened hours. I had a motor serviced a few weeks ago by a mobile mechanic. They mechanic charged me Actual parts cost plus actual hours worked on the motor. Now i would use this dude over and over again.

Timddo, That can be a good and bad thing using ACTUAL time, I am in the Automotive industry and some of the things we do take a lot longer than Reccomended time, I would love to get actual time paid but sometimes its more. DOnt always presume it is a better thing, the mechanic may just take more time to do it. There are lots of these guys still out there!!

It sure is a sad time to see so many marine businesses going under, maybe if we supported local a little more it may not happen.

Cheers Lee

I hope that you are wrong about the Tingalpa Bias Boating. I have always found them to be very good on price.

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    A business needs to move and adapt with the times. These businesses that shut down are doing the wrong thing. In simple terms, their target market has ditched them. I'm sure another business will pop up to replace them once the time is right.

A Typical example of good customer service. ( if your market doesn't want to come to you, Then you can come to them)

Wouldn't it be great if a Mechanic would charge you actual hours spent not recommened hours. I had a motor serviced a few weeks ago by a mobile mechanic. They mechanic charged me Actual parts cost plus actual hours worked on the motor. Now i would use this dude over and over again.
    he won't be around for long.

So how is he covering his costs for his time spent not actually working on the motor? IE...driving to the job, the cost of running his car/van, the setup cost of his tools, the time spent doing the paperwork to comply with the ATO for invoicing you, the time spent doing the paperwork to pay the bills of his suppliers of the parts/consumables used on your motor, the time he spends updating his knowledge and skills to to be ABLE to service your motor......and in many instances.....the interest he has to pay on his overdraft to cover money he has to outlay to do jobs for customers that drag out their payments.....I could go on.....but people need to be realistic about what they are charged for stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygreg View Post
    So how is he covering his costs for his time spent not actually working on the motor? IE...driving to the job, the cost of running his car/van, the setup cost of his tools, the time spent doing the paperwork to comply with the ATO for invoicing you, the time spent doing the paperwork to pay the bills of his suppliers of the parts/consumables used on your motor, the time he spends updating his knowledge and skills to to be ABLE to service your motor......and in many instances.....the interest he has to pay on his overdraft to cover money he has to outlay to do jobs for customers that drag out their payments.....I could go on.....but people need to be realistic about what they are charged for stuff.
    Isnt all of the above part of his overheads and reflected in his actual hourly rate?
    After he wont be only charging $30 per hour for his labour.
    Cheers
    Ray

that's the way it should be ray. unfortunately a lot of people aren't realistic, they see the "charge out rate" and compare it to the hourly rate on their own payslip and think they're being ripped off.

So what you guys are saying is . Tradies should charge you 3 hours for 1 hours work at their inflated rates. Nice guys.

Added

His charge rate is up there to cover his cost plus a bit for travelling. But Actual time worked X charge rate + travel time is an honest system.

Charging clients 2 hours work for 30 mintue job is a ripoff.

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    So what you guys are saying is . Tradies should charge you 3 hours for 1 hours work at their inflated rates. Nice guys.
    I see you completely missed the point. Have a reread of what paddles and sleepygreg said.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkPanther View Post

Of course our moron leader Gillard will tell show well the economy is going but beneath the surface things ain't good in the boating industry.

Damn shame to see a once-country on a slide to God knows where - thanks partly to the good old Greens.

Now I'm all depresses thinking hw it "used to be" ..........
    hey PP

it would not surprise me but I hope it doesn't happen, i live about 3 minutes from there, would hate to add up what i spend in a year.

In the shop nearly every week-end getting something.

To quote an employee from that particular store, "to many Australian companies have been to greedy for to long" or close to it, pretty well sums it up.

I was told at that time that shifts had been dramatically cut.

Regards

Bill