Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Leisure Marine gone - BIAS next?

Re: Leisure Marine gone - BIAS next?

Sadly I think Australia is heading for a recession/depression.

Sad, a country like Australia with everything going for it going down the toilet.

Louis

I posted this extract - see below - from today's Fin Review on another thread re the carbon tax but is equally relevant here.....worrying when the current govt seems to be more concerned with satisfying the agenda of their minority alliance partners to stay in power rather than addressing the real concerns in the market....unfortunately I think BIAS will be joining a long list that will become a lot longer before the trend is reversed.

Of far more concern is if you care to take a look on the following page 13 there's a small little piece titled "Business failure rate soars" and states that latest ASIC figures show an 18.4% rise in companies appointing corporate undertakers in the Sept quarter compared with the corresponding period last year. It goes on to say "We have now seen two consecutive quarters where appointments exceed 2600 with the quarter ended Dec 2008 being the only other occassion this occurred in recent times."

So how many companies small, medium or large fail because of mismanagement ????.

Apparently none, always some else to blame.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    So how many companies small, medium or large fail because of mismanagement ????.

Apparently none, always some else to blame.
    Hey Steeler why the tone? Obviously there'll be a proportion that could have been better managed - that's not the issue. The fact so many are falling over is and during a period when Australia is experiencing such good economic times eg. low unemployment and terrific terms of trade

No tone at all buddy. for 20years i have been on the road as a rep and seen small, medium and large come and go for a multitude of reasons and if i was to put money on it i would say more than not most have been the direct result of internal issues.

All the positive economic good times won't compensate for a poorly run business and to say thats not the issue is silly, a percentage of those business's would contribute to the overall equation.

The number of businesses i see that don't pay enough attention to stock rotations and stock on hand and are just to damn lazy to constantly monitor these all important numbers is frightening and its these numbers that ultimately determine the life blood of a business, Cash flow. If you ain't got it your going under and no outside forces good or bad will change the inevitable.

I have a motto with my customers, buy less more often. Its the perfect way to continually fine tune your investment in stock on hand and help maintain a healthy cash flow.

Cheers

you ever put everything you have on the line to own and operate your own business, Steeler ?????

Whats your point ?.So running your own business gives you a license to attribute blame to somebody else if it goes pear shaped. Is that what you are suggesting.

While we are starting rumors I heard that woollies are in trouble.
    Cheers
    Ray

Better grab some shares in Coles then eh ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    Whats your point ?.So running your own business gives you a license to attribute blame to somebody else if it goes pear shaped. Is that what you are suggesting.
    not blaming anyone for anything but don't make out all failures are the business owners doing either..How about when other have some control over your cash flow..what do you do then ?

you mean Wesfarmers

What is your problem PH, having a bad day or just reading every second line.

Where did i say " ALL " ?????. Please show me where and take your time re reading it this time.

Here i will give you a hand :

" for 20years i have been on the road as a rep and seen small, medium and large come and go for a multitude of reasons and if i was to put money on it i would say more than not most have been the direct result of internal issues ".

nope..I have had a good day..I am not the one making statements as to why any business fails.

And Nope i did not say or suggest all.

yeah well anyway, all or most, its tough to run a small business. cash flow - well you need to sell sht to get that river flowing. i have seen quite a few small business fold in on themselves in the last two years, mostly people who are friends. the gap between my wage and cost of living seems to be getting wider so i tend to spend less. anyway, back to work.