Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fishing rack wanted

fishing rack wanted

I have just bought a 2006 Yamaha FXHO and am wanting to put a fishing rack on it. I like the look of the MMS ones but cant really afford $800, does anyone have a second hand one they are not using anymore,
    cheers Steve.

Re: fishing rack wanted

Ring Damien at mms direct

I do like the MMS ones but after just buying the ski I cant afford $800, I missed out on one recently for $500.

Make your own PVC one like in this thread - http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...oler-Rod-Racks. and you can build and customize to your needs.

jeez mate that just did my head in, that looks pretty complex. I commend you on designing and making it, well done.

Ha ha I didn't make it.. Just sharing what can be done. But plenty of people are now doing them now due to the cost of the stainless jobs and PVC is cheap and easy to work with. I have seen some with just a plank of wood with some rubber feet to put it in the right spot ratchet strapped down on the back with a cheap esky screwed to it and some pvc rod holders screwed on the side (cheap/works/easy).
    One like this would be easy to make - DSC_0018.jpg

yeah that one looks good too, i'm suprised no one is making and selling the pvc ones yet, might be a market for them if they did.

Heres a nice picture of a fish n rack!

do you reckon she could hold the esky and rods too, if so I'll have one thanks

Who cares if she can hold esky or fish rods, I just want one.

yeah but at least that way I could show the wife that she is needed and not just wanted

Nah. She is just wanted. But I can see where u r coming from.
    Back to fishing, hopefully will get out in morn. Shitty day today.
    Put some pot out today, will check in morning.

In tinnie today, ski tomorrow

I have one of the MMS esky racks, it's not that great and definitely not worth $800.

build one of the PVC job's as posted above

Sloth.
    Where do u go fishing on the ski?

I had this one made up for me out of alloy for a kawasaki for $200 by a pool fence welder.Attachment 74370
    Humility is not a weather condition.