Thread: swains reef trip m.v Tura opinions

swains reef trip m.v Tura opinions

Hey everyone. Im looking at heading out to the swains reef next year with Tura charters. I have spoken to the company and they seem pretty good to deal with. I have been to the swains three times before but on a different boat. Just wondering if anyone has been out with tura charters and can comfirm that they do a good trip. I know all charters have good and bad days in terms of fish numbers. Im more interested in finding a boat where the crew have a good attitude and arent lazy ect.
    cheers
    seameter

Re: swains reef trip m.v Tura opinions

Gday mate, I am going up in May next year on one of their boat's the Eastern Voyager & would be interested in some feedback as well.

Cheers Baz

hey barry,
    just wondering how you got on with the eastern voyager? would you recommend them?

Quote Originally Posted by mull dog View Post
    hey barry,
    just wondering how you got on with the eastern voyager? would you recommend them?
    Mate we don't go until the 10th May. But the feedback from other fisho's who have been on this boat is very good.

Baz

Thanks baz.
    I didnt look at the dates properly on top of the thread, the new year has thrown me out of wack!
    I am trying to organise a boat for winter next year (and beyond) for a load of us with my preference being Kanimbla. it seems to be hard for a new group to get on a roster with boats being booked out in advance.
    Hope you have a good trip and I look forward to your report.

cheers

I've done a trip on the Tura but a while ago when the boat was spankin new (2000). It was a good trip, they had a cook there that was a chef from one of the restraunts in Gladstone and the food was brilliant. I assume there is a fair turnover of staff so my info is probably invalid now. Overall the staff were very helpful and nice guys. We had what was described as a average trip fish-wise but there were some really nice fish caught... I would like to be on a good trip! I know there are quite a few new boats up there now as well. The Tura has a really good table at the back and plenty of fishing room as well. My old man had previously been out on the Australiana and came on the trip with me, he said the Tura was a huge step up in quality and space. I would go out on the Tura again, but I know there are now better boats as well, no doubt they are more expensive though.

Hi, Just thought I would revive an old thread I started a while back. As mentioned at the start im heading to the swains and its now only 2 weeks until I go. Really looking foward to it. Im going with tura charters on a boat called the eastern voyager. Is anyone able to comment on this boat at all?
    Ive been to the swains before on a different boat and im guessing each skipper likes to do things a bit differently.

hey mate, dont know about the Tura personally but from what i hear they are supposed to a good professional crew for eastern voyager as well. definitely not lazy. Which boat did you go before as a matter of interest? look forward to seeing you report. Have a good trip mate.

p.s - Im going to Swains on July 21st on the Kanimbla which has two spots available for $2450 approx. PM me if you are interested anyone.

The boat Ive gone with in the past was the booby bird. Ive enjoyed each of those trips and the only reason I didnt go with them again was that they were booked up and I had fairly specific dates I was after for time off work ect and tura charters had spots on a pre organised trip available where the dates suited perfectly.

DSCF0028.jpgDSCF0027.jpg
    Hi Mate, I have been on the MV Tura to the Swains the last two years in a row in August, and have had great trips both times. The crew were the same both times and captain Bill, deckies Jason and Nathan were spot on, and great for a laugh. Bill put us on the fish everyday and the food was great. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to do some serious fishing.
    Cheers,
    Scott