Thread: Tinaroo Next weekend

Tinaroo Next weekend

After getting onto a few fish this time last year, we've been pretty keen to get back up to tinaroo and it looks like we'll be getting up there next weekend. Just after any info on what the place has been like lately, i haven't heard of any reports since it was filled up at the beginning of the year. Has anyone been up there recently, or have any tips on what they have been doing?

Thanks,
    Nidrac

Re: Tinaroo Next weekend

Hi Nidrac,

Spent a couple of days up there in september, and did okay. Didn't fish too hard due to family commitments however managed 4 fish and a dropped metery. Fished late arvo and early morning casting at the point opposiste the Tinaroo boat ramp. My Brother was up there last weekend casting from the bank at Tinnaburra and reckons the fish were boofing all around him, he had one hook up to solid fish and continued his jinx of dropping the big ones.

Cheers Richo

Thanks for the reply mate, i'd be happy with 4 fish, we only got 2 last time from 3 full days, hoping the changing weather will get them on the bite again this weekend.

Cheers.

They seem to love a change up there, we got the fish just before a roaring south-Easter kicked in. Good luck - wish I was still living in Cairns!
    Heading to Monduran Dam Tuesday for 4 days, but from the reports I've heard it's not fishing very well.

What are you driving Richo? I am getting there on Sunday for 4 days, drop over & say gday, hopefully I will have some good reports. Blue Navara duel cab, 3mt Edgetracker.
    Good luck Nidrac.

Cheers Andrew

Hi Andrew,
    Unfortuneatly I'm based in Brissie. Usually get up there a couple of times a year for a Tinnaroo fix. Heading to Monduran Dam for 4 days on Tuesday tho! Silver Navara and a 3.8m Quintrex explorer. Reports from Monduran have been pretty sad but will give it a go anyway. Good luck for your trip - nice timing with the moon.