Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Best of the current crop of 4x4 utes (diesel)

Re: Best of the current crop of 4x4 utes (diesel)

I will buy another Triton dual cab again.
    Jack.

Just clocked 70,000 on my PX Ranger with no issues. Our national field service fleet are all Rangers (over 200) and they clock up huge kms servicing the u/g mines in WA and have been excellent. They replaced hiluxes.

When my lease is up next year there should be a new hilux out (maybe even details on the next gen Landcruiser by the end of next year?) but unless they go V6 TTD and upgrade the gizmos I won't look at them. Spy pics of the new hilux don't look anything flash but keen to see what drive line they go with.

amorak? I thought milk only came in 2 lts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    I thought milk only came in 2 lts
    They do 3 litre bottles now too

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Just clocked 70,000 on my PX Ranger with no issues. Our national field service fleet are all Rangers (over 200) and they clock up huge kms servicing the u/g mines in WA and have been excellent. They replaced hiluxes.

When my lease is up next year there should be a new hilux out (maybe even details on the next gen Landcruiser by the end of next year?) but unless they go V6 TTD and upgrade the gizmos I won't look at them. Spy pics of the new hilux don't look anything flash but keen to see what drive line they go with.

amorak? I thought milk only came in 2 lts
    And Elephants I believe......................
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

The figures on the imported 4 x 4 utes makes me like my Holden more. 2008 VE SSV ute, I've done 285,000 k's in it. Relaced front and rear disc pads at 240,000 and a radiator at 270,000 (top hose blew off it). The last time it was in a workshop was the 90,000 service. Since then I've done the oil and filters myself every 20,000 and changed the air cleaner element, once. I average under 11lt/100k and if I want to overtake someone, I just put my foot down and go. I reckon it's use by date is almost up, and I still can't work out what to replace it with.
    Dale

Yeah but you can't tow a big boat with the commonwhore mate

Quote Originally Posted by hainsofast View Post
    and it looks like a latin pimp mobile with those stupid friggen low profile tyres
    how do you let them down for soft sand if there isn't a wall on the tyres?
    IFISHCQ2

Quote Originally Posted by hainsofast View Post
    Yeah but you can't tow a big boat with the commonwhore mate
    Mine is 18'6" so yeah, I can tow a boat as big as I need, and as big as Chris is looking to tow.
    Dale

That link is just a rendered guess at what the lux might look like. Knowing Toyota the Povo pack won't come with anything bigger than 16" steels.
    nil carborundum illegitimi