Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best of the current crop of 4x4 utes (diesel)

Re: Best of the current crop of 4x4 utes (diesel)

Dunno, have seen quite a few auto Amaroks around the place and they're just as capable, mine is manual, so can't comment.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i suppose i am a lucky fella i drive hj60s and have for 34 yrs i have a diesel hilux ute inthe shed with my cruiser i go to the islands in im not worried about rust in that one all though it has very little my go to church hj60 is like brand new they are my favorite cruiser i have one here i have done over a 1000,000 klms in it blows a bit now but have to keep it its a 83 the first 5 speed i am cruiser mad 60 series that is the biggest selling 4x4 in the world have a look at my face book 500 pictures of 60 series some like brand new they are still very
    popular for off road as they have leaf springs and i towed my 28ft caravan to cairns easy,

cheers hilly

Cheers Hungry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Lookin at buyin the Mazda hope it's not a mistake always owned Toyota

sick of payin toyota tax hey mate

Quote Originally Posted by Black N Blue View Post
    Had four land cruisers, a dmax, now have a Amrok ute and just love it! It's big and comfortable and really economical good ground clearance. Had the dmax bogged on Frazer to many times! Drive a Rok and you wouldn't buy anything else!
    And what was it about your dmax that made it get bogged any worse than the other brands as I would like to make sure it doesn't happen to me. Having said that if I had the cash the land cruiser would be what I would have and after having a good look over a few during my journey up to cape trib in the last 8 weeks I can see why they are the bees knees but I can't justify having one for a work truck for me as I won't be doing anything too harsh . All the others bt50 collie navara amarok are all similar I just chose the dmax because I like it , it can't be too bad not a lot of problems with them if you look on the net . Do a search for the others before you make up your mind but I think they are all similar ....Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Toyota tax is a bit rich given the problems and mass recalls over the last few years...

Cheers

Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Toyota tax is a bit rich given the problems and mass recalls over the last few years...

Cheers

There is no doubt that the build quality is no longer there - the development is now a generation behind the other brands .... & toyota is living on past reputations . I guess if resale value is first and foremost - then Toyota stays in the mix . If you want better appointed , better economy better riding & comfort ..... then you wouldn't buy a Hilux - there are 2 or 3 better choices .
    The Hilux would always win that segment for car of the year ..... when did that last happen ?
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

June 2014 Car Sales:

1. Toyota Corolla — 4648
    2. Toyota HiLux — 4276
    3. Mitsubishi Triton — 4124
    4. Mazda3 — 4059
    5. Hyundai i30 – 3243
    6. Ford Ranger — 3214
    7. Holden Commodore – 3156
    8. Toyota Camry – 2378
    9. Nissan Navara — 2262
    10. Volkswagen Golf — 2261

The Triton has been massively discounted to around $26K though. The old Tojo is still kicking goals.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    June 2014 Car Sales:

1. Toyota Corolla — 4648
    2. Toyota HiLux — 4276
    3. Mitsubishi Triton — 4124
    4. Mazda3 — 4059
    5. Hyundai i30 – 3243
    6. Ford Ranger — 3214
    7. Holden Commodore – 3156
    8. Toyota Camry – 2378
    9. Nissan Navara — 2262
    10. Volkswagen Golf — 2261

The Triton has been massively discounted to around $26K though. The old Tojo is still kicking goals.
    3 in the top 10. Not bad

Smile Re: Best of the current crop of 4x4 utes (diesel)

yep..............

Quote Originally Posted by banksmister View Post
    I dare you to say that to your current partner.
    I dont get it?

ok fellas will give you some updated input,i have a 2012 bt50 auto 4x4 duelcab gt model(top of the range) I have done 53000 in it in 2ys 3 months,great ute for towing ,good fuel around 9.5ltrs/100 around town comfy to drive,
    now the not so good on them,at 10k I had the full front end brakes rebuilt (rotors and pads),an new ecu,new rear bumperbar,new front seats,rear suspension resprung and also beefed up,computer full upgrade,bout 13k had the full horn set up on the sterring wheel replaced..at 50k I did the intercooler,also had the rear bumper replaced again..probly forgot heaps of other shit,after the 10k service they had it for 4 or5 out of the next 6 weeks working on it...am a mazda man but am looking at upgrading again and its hard to say if I would buy another one,the biggest thing they have going for them is the towing which I really bought it for
    cheers rosco

I think no matter what vehicle you buy, there will be issues, some bad...some not so bad.

From talking to many folks and also " industry " types, it seems a common thing is the suspension on modern day 4 x 4's is cheap and nasty and lucky to survive 12 months ( 30,000k's )

As I have said somewhere here... I think... I have racked up 60,000k's in the 2013 Collie in the first year of it's life.

A few failings and a few really good points.... and I don't think by paying 10 - 20K more for a 4 cylinder 4 x 4, you'll get any less issues.

I am really happy with my Collie, but will still look at the Dmax, BT50 / Ranger and possibly the Amarok when the time comes for a new one..... I will not look at Toyota, as they ( IMO ) do not represent good value for my individual circumstance and I also believe the Jury is still out on the Ranger.... with inherent problems starting to pop up and the fact it's a 5 cyclinder and you pay 6 cylinder registration !!!

I may even go to an auto ???

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

My 08 Bt got 120000 kms on the clock, original suspension (bought it off a guy who towed caravans at 6000km) clutch and never had a problem yet touch wood, done some light 4WD work and never had a problem, great truck, planning on keeping it for ages and just upgrading everything as it fails.