Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best of the current crop of 4x4 utes (diesel)

Re: Best of the current crop of 4x4 utes (diesel)

Quote Originally Posted by cormorant View Post
    How the jeep going nagg. How many km and the service costs. Know 2 of them that have had no issue to speak of but they haven't done many km and are treated with kit gloves on school runs. They sure tick a lot of boxes for the price at the time but seeing older versions not doing well in the 2nd hand market so not sure if the lease companies will be harder on them next time round. What is the jeep going to bing on the 2nd hand market?
    The Jeep has been outstanding 80,000km - Driving around Sydney this week it's running at 9.1 lt/100 km .... Faultless car that is nice to drive , tows like a dream
    Jeep service is around $550 (Jeep dealer) but I used Midas Tingalpa ($350) .... & they are very good.

Trade in - I will probably get a quote next week ..... but I'm thinking $45K

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

My dmax is going great and is running at 10 lt / 100kms towing a 1.5 tonne camper trailer ,it sits under 2k rpm on the highway in top gear. It cost me $425 for a 10 k service but I had an engine oil change done as well as the diffs oil , so far so good I will give all the fuel data at the end of the trip in a couple of months 😎😎😎😎😎😎. I am more Han happy with the dmax it has done everything asked of it easily on and off road other than tearing the side step of in some crap country but I managed to get it back on and will be putting it on the list of things I may change when we get home ....Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Wholly shit Nagg....you look like losing 40% in 2 years and80’000 kms!!!
    Just sold my 05 Hilux with 310’000 on it for abetter return than that......

Quote Originally Posted by snapperbasher View Post
    It's a JEEP thing. You wouldn't understand. LOL

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just my opinion but i think most on here know it so i wont take long i have been driving 4x4s since 1980 i also test drove them for two company's this great Country we have the pleasure to live in if you want to see it and i mean up to the far north or south even west and want to come home with no trouble there is a pretty good chance the Hilux will do THE JOB I HAVE TRIED TO BREAK THEM TO THE POINT OF ROLLING sideways front over back some are more pleasurable to sit in with finer apps each time i comment on 4x4s here people don't like what i say but they own other 4x4s and think toyota are overpriced one fella on here told me his new GreatwALL WAS THE BEST i could not say he was wrong because you could not pay me enough to drive it Toyota have sold more 4x4s in Australia for a reason its not the price.
    HILLY

Quote Originally Posted by snapperbasher View Post
    Only a guess at this stage - but yeah it wouldn't surprise me

I dont have a drama with it because of how the tax department treats depreciation (25% pa) ..... If it wasn't a car allowance involved I'd be spewing - no doubt

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

There is a big following for the Hilux - no doubt about it ..... & yes Toyotas do hold their value very well .

But - there are much better cars to own & drive than a Hilux ..... specially in my situation where it is about long trips (hwy) .... now lots of city driving - with the odd camping trip .... & boat towing - turning over cars usually around 3 years.
    The Hilux is now so far behind the others for ride , handling , power , economy & refinement ...... to be honest it is no longer in the picture - ( Till they release a new model with better motor, gearbox) . The other point is that.... a hilux is not the car that it once was . Plastic trim , dash boards falling apart , issues with transmissions ..... Friends & family who use them attest to it!
    Nothing has changed since I last drove one ...... so I'll pass this time around.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

There is a new Hilux coming early next year there are some pictures on Spy Photos .com..........Unsure how much has changed though....driveline etc but it does look a little Tundra like........I saw the pictures on either LCOOL or Pradopoint not sure which one now but the vehicle was in Australia being tested.A new V6 diesel and 7 speed auto has been murmered but nothing confirmed.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

There is a new kid on the block for serious offroad touring and beach that has a weight capacity in a cheap price range
    http://www.goannatracks.com/Home/Iveco_Daily_4x4.html

Not a luxury city daily driver but looks good for the tow . can't see a wading depth but.... not a speed machine either

Nagg the jeep with the lot really does get hammered in resale but at least you drove round in comfort for the 3 years. Be interesting just what issues arrise for the next owner as that series just doesn't see to have issues and yours is barely run in. I haven't looked at what suspension parts cost and with strong aussie a parallel import is always a option for all parts needed if the aussie jeep dealers don't do cheap stuff. Bloody lot of depreciation that is for sure . Wonder what year and km that will stop?

How do the Amoroks go towing offroad - so deep soft beach sand, up steep slow hills etc with no low range transfer case?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Nagg I agree. Toyo have in the last few years had more major recall worldwide than any other major car manufacturer I can think of...resting on laurals. Been dragged to some recalls in the US according to the press.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    How do the Amoroks go towing offroad - so deep soft beach sand, up steep slow hills etc with no low range transfer case?
    I haven't seen an auto in action with a decent load. But the manual one, I'm using as a beach fishing platform is very capable. My previous dual cab was a 2010 SR5 and you cannot draw a comparison between the 2, as the advancement is simply that much greater in every areas.
    Just towing a 7m Noosacat around on a dirt track the hilux had to be in low4 to get some sort of forward motion. The VW does it in 1st gear 2wd!!!
    Saying that, they are more expensive on the initial purchase, and the stupid non folding mirrors!!!
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Had four land cruisers, a dmax, now have a Amrok ute and just love it! It's big and comfortable and really economical good ground clearance. Had the dmax bogged on Frazer to many times! Drive a Rok and you wouldn't buy anything else!

Got a brand new 3.2L 5 cyl Ford Ranger. Awesome ute for towing, 4x4ing & great fuel economy

Are there any issues with the Amorok not having a low ratio reverse gear? I've heard that 1st is low enough that it doesn't need a low ratio transfer case, but what happens if you need to reverse uphill out of trouble?
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to